Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah well... no slipcover but amazing movie.

Then again I suppose the fact that the slipcover is missing with the amazing movie makes it worse doesn't it ?. :lol

ah well... no slipcover but amazing movie.

Then again I suppose the fact that the slipcover is missing with the amazing movie makes it worse doesn't it ?. :lol

I want my slipcover :mad:

Knowing there's a slipcover and not getting it will bug the hell out of me :lol

Up
Monsters, Inc.
Shorts
Wolverine
The Silence of the Lambs
Inglourious Basterds
Kill Bill volume 1
Kill Bill volume 2
G-Force
Constantine
Watchmen
Snow White
District 9

All in Blu-Ray

Luis
I see one glaring :nono in there. :lol

Today is the last day of Target's $5 off sale, I gotta go out with a bang. :naughty

Bought Julie and Julia last night for my wife. :lol
That's more of a *pop* than a bang. :D

Are you guys replacing your DVDs with blu-rays or don't you have alot of these old vids?
Replacing must haves and only buying new releases on Blu.

While not a BR movie, I got one of these bad boys yesterday!

400 disk Blu Ray/DVD changer!

Sony-BDP-CX960.jpg

I haven't had time to play with it yet and probably won't until Friday.

OMG........I think I just had an "O". :eek:

I've got to look this bad boy up!!!!

While not a BR movie, I got one of these bad boys yesterday!

400 disk Blu Ray/DVD changer!

Sony-BDP-CX960.jpg

I haven't had time to play with it yet and probably won't until Friday.

:rock Totally overkill!!! I remember the old CD players that were like that. I don't even own enough HD DVD/Blu/DVDs to fill that. Guess I need to get on the ball.

:rock Totally overkill!!! I remember the old CD players that were like that. I don't even own enough HD DVD/Blu/DVDs to fill that. Guess I need to get on the ball.

What's great is, it will hold all of those. I've got plenty to fill it!!!

I need both a blu-ray and a new cd player and this would kill two birds with big stone!!

What's great is, it will hold all of those. I've got plenty to fill it!!!

I need both a blu-ray and a new cd player and this would kill two birds with big stone!!

It really wasn't overly expensive. They are going for around $600 online, it is the Sony BDP-CX960 model. I actually got Best Buy to come close to the online prices which I have never had any luck with in the past. There is a higher end one that is about $1K more.

My DVD rack was over flowing. I had 3-4 stacks of DVD's on the floor and more in one of my closets. Now I can load all the movies/TV season sets I want easy access to and store the cases in a box in above the garage. I should still have some room left over to expand my movie collection.

Only problem is the sheer size of it. It is around 20" deep, 17" wide and 9 1/2" tall. It won't fit on a shelf in my TV stand so it will have to find a temporary place on a box next to the TV until I can build a small stand for it or find something more fitting to put it on.

Last edited:
It really wasn't overly expensive. They are going for around $600 online, it is the Sony BDP-CX960 model. I actually got Best Buy to come close to the online prices which I have never had any luck with in the past. There is a higher end one that is about $1K more.

My DVD rack was over flowing. I had 3-4 stacks of DVD's on the floor and more in one of my closets. Now I can load all the movies/TV season sets I want easy access to and store the cases in a box in above the garage. I should still have some room left over to expand my movie collection.

Only problem is the sheer size of it. It is around 20" deep, 17" wide and 9 1/2" tall. It won't fit on a shelf in my TV stand so it will have to find a temporary place on a box next to the TV until I can build a small stand for it or find something more fitting to put it on.

I have always wanted a cd changer and this would work all the way around for me. They have it on Amazon but I doubt Best Buy would price match it since it's over $200 cheaper.

What is so great about the other one that it is that much more?

I have always wanted a cd changer and this would work all the way around for me. They have it on Amazon but I doubt Best Buy would price match it since it's over $200 cheaper.

What is so great about the other one that it is that much more?

I printed out the online prices from the Google shopping search and also Amazon. I took them to Best Buy with me even though in the past they wouldn't match online pricing on a receiver that I wanted to buy. I found the changer and there was no price on the shelf. The department manager was walking by and asked if I needed help so I asked him about the price even though I knew what retail was on it. He brought it over to the register and looked up the price of $799.99. I politely said thanks for checking but I could get it over $200 cheaper on line. He looked stunned and asked where so I gave him my print outs. He went to a computer and came back a few minutes later and said best he could do was $599.99 which stunned me. So I bought it there with 18 month no interest financing and reward points. I think you just have to talk to a manager and not a lower sales person.

The more expensive one is more for dedicated home theaters with some extra video processing features, 7.1 analog outputs and allows hooking up to third party control systems.

I printed out the online prices from the Google shopping search and also Amazon. I took them to Best Buy with me even though in the past they wouldn't match online pricing on a receiver that I wanted to buy. I found the changer and there was no price on the shelf. The department manager was walking by and asked if I needed help so I asked him about the price even though I knew what retail was on it. He brought it over to the register and looked up the price of $799.99. I politely said thanks for checking but I could get it over $200 cheaper on line. He looked stunned and asked where so I gave him my print outs. He went to a computer and came back a few minutes later and said best he could do was $599.99 which stunned me. So I bought it there with 18 month no interest financing and reward points. I think you just have to talk to a manager and not a lower sales person.

The more expensive one is more for dedicated home theaters with some extra video processing features, 7.1 analog outputs and allows hooking up to third party control systems.
That's awesome, you got a great deal Natrix! :rock

Let us know how that bad boy runs!

Finally got all the stuff i ordered this month. ????ing postal service sucks in December :emperor

Still missing one BR though and another is going back.

collection2041.jpg

collection2044.jpg

collection2050.jpg

collection2058.jpg

Some of my Christmas presents :rock
collection2053.jpg

Awesome haul Iron, i'd buy (or own) almost every single one pictured.

You're a mad man Iron but great haul :lol

Thanks, fellas :duff

Next stop! Ikea, so i can get a bookcase. I've run out of room for my BR collection :lol

What version of Inglorious Basterds is that? Kick ass cover!! (And AWESOME haul brother)

It's the UK Limited Edition with some poster art cards for Nations Pride and a couple of Bridget Von Hammersmack movies. Also a recipe for Mama Landa's Strudle :lol
inglourious_basterds_uk_bd_se.jpg

I thought about getting the German version where the movie comes in a steelebook and includes a few more items. Might still get it :monkey3
ible1000.jpg

Back