Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone buy DVDs anymore?

is buying DVDs a total waste of money and time?
when would Blu Ray completely take over?
just wondering :monkey3

I buy dvd's occasionally.
Sometimes because I can't find the movie I'm looking for on blu ray or it's far to expensive on blu ray compared to the dvd.
If it's a movie that will benefit from bluray I'll get it on it. A movie like transformers for example.
My dvd collection is much bigger than my blu ray.

I buy dvd's occasionally.
Sometimes because I can't find the movie I'm looking for on blu ray or it's far to expensive on blu ray compared to the dvd.
If it's a movie that will benefit from bluray I'll get it on it. A movie like transformers for example.
My dvd collection is much bigger than my blu ray.

I got Predators on DVD for 5 bucks
Hellboy 2 5 bucks
and i got these DVDs for 2 dollars each
I am Legend, Land of the dead, The green mile, Ninja Assassin, Lord of the rings 1 and 3, the mummy 3 and Original Clash of the titans

I also got Dexter season 1,2,3,4 for 12 bucks, don't know if that was a good deal :dunno?

But, I was looking at my movies, and my entire collection, sometimes it makes me kinda annoyed that Blu ray will take over,
Or makes me think, Why bother buying DVDs?
I don't really own any Blu Ray movies yet, I just haven't felt like converting yet,
I was just wondering how long does DVDs still have, I like my dvds, I know blu ray is better but...

Hell, there is people who still own and watch VHS so I wouldn't worry about how long dvd has left.
The difference between dvd and blu ray compared to VHS and dvd isn't as big imo either so I'm not planning on doing anything with my dvd's anytime soon. Blu ray is great but I can watch a dvd and enjoy it just as much.

I buy a lot of Asian movies and I have a hard time finding some of them on blu ray for decent prices so usually stick to dvd.

Think of it this way , the later you convert fully to blu ray if ever , all the movies you want to buy that you have already on dvd should be really cheap.

I'll only buy new theatrical films coming out on blu ray, some of my latest include Super 8, Captain America, Thor, X-Men First Class, etc etc

I havn't purchased any tv shows on blu yet, save for Firefly and Walking Dead Season 1. Just don't feel the need to when I own so many other seasons on dvd.

Also went to Target and got a few more for $5

images

supertroopersblu.jpg

Super Troopers?

2bdtgy.jpg

So even though I said I have like 99% of the stuff advertised for Black Friday, I still managed to get these in a span of 3 days (online and in store):

24 season 8 Blu
Weeds season 6 Blu
Modern Family season 2 Blu
Entourage season 7 DVD
Sons of Anarchy season 3 Blu
Friday Night Lights season 3 DVD
Friday Night Lights season 4 DVD
Mad Men season 4 Blu
Transformers Dark of the Moon
Jackie Brown
Bridesmaids
Spy Kids 4 3d
Coraline 3d
Ice Age Dawn of Dinos 3d
Cats and Dogs 3d
Yogi Bear 3d
Monster House 3d
Open Season 3d
Clash of the Titans 3d
Polar Express 3d
Voyage of the Dawn Treader 3d
Sanctum 3d
Legends of the Guardians 3d
Rio 3d
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 3d

And also got a 250 GB Xbox with a Kinect and a few games.

Whew! I think I'm set for Christmas a little bit. :gah::gah:

So even though I said I have like 99% of the stuff advertised for Black Friday, I still managed to get these in a span of 3 days (online and in store):

24 season 8 Blu
Weeds season 6 Blu
Modern Family season 2 Blu
Entourage season 7 DVD
Sons of Anarchy season 3 Blu
Friday Night Lights season 3 DVD
Friday Night Lights season 4 DVD
Mad Men season 4 Blu
Transformers Dark of the Moon
Jackie Brown
Bridesmaids
Spy Kids 4 3d
Coraline 3d
Ice Age Dawn of Dinos 3d
Cats and Dogs 3d
Yogi Bear 3d

Monster House 3d
Open Season 3d
Clash of the Titans 3d
Polar Express 3d
Voyage of the Dawn Treader 3d
Sanctum 3d
Legends of the Guardians 3d
Rio 3d
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 3d

And also got a 250 GB Xbox with a Kinect and a few games.

Whew! I think I'm set for Christmas a little bit. :gah::gah:

2bdtgy.jpg

There's much worse movies I own than those, so there!!!

:nana::nana:

At least they are probably all better than that new Adam Sandler movie out right now called Jack and Jill. Oh that thing looks horrid from the previews.

That's nothing to be proud of :lol

I unfortunately saw the trailer for it :monkey4 Sandler used to be cool. What happened? :(

The worst thing is that They were making fun, Adam Sandler was making fun of stupid movies like this one in the movie Funny People,
so is even way More bizarre when you take Jack and Jill which looks like a parody trailer for Funny People

Jack and Kill honestly doesn't look like a real movie to me, still looks like a parody of bad movies, I can't believe he made that

I know, I've seen the stinkers in your collection. :monkey4:monkey4

Hey!

I'm forced to own Rocky V, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, The Godfather Part III, Matrix Revolution, Rambo III, Spider-Man 3, TMNT III and X-Men: The Last Stand. They're part of a box-set :mad: :lol

Hell, there is people who still own and watch VHS so I wouldn't worry about how long dvd has left.
The difference between dvd and blu ray compared to VHS and dvd isn't as big imo either so I'm not planning on doing anything with my dvd's anytime soon. Blu ray is great but I can watch a dvd and enjoy it just as much.

I buy a lot of Asian movies and I have a hard time finding some of them on blu ray for decent prices so usually stick to dvd.

Think of it this way , the later you convert fully to blu ray if ever , all the movies you want to buy that you have already on dvd should be really cheap.

:goodpost:
I guess that does make me feel better, I mean, technology will advance (thank God for that) and eventually things change, but, you're right, I guess it is still to early, and you're right specially about the movies that are not even on Blu Ray,

Hey!

I'm forced to own Rocky V, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, The Godfather Part III, Matrix Revolution, Rambo III, Spider-Man 3, TMNT III and X-Men: The Last Stand. They're part of a box-set :mad: :lol

Don't forget the other 2 Jurassic Parks, ugh. :nono

Back