Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping it is just a matter of them wanting to really do it right and taking their time... I know, I know... wishful thinking.

To Kill a Mockingbird and Lawrence of Arabia are tops on my list of most anticipated Blu-rays.

Yeah, I'll get Lawrence the day it ships as well! So many classics still not on BD... what is wrong with the studios???

Lawrence Of Arabia is getting a Blu-Ray release next year. Paramount is going all out on this one to make sure the PQ and AQ will do the movie justice.

Do you have any details? I've heard this rumor for years now. :(

The only thing i could find was this. It's from an interview in March about the Taxi Driver Blu-Ray....

Regarding future catalog releases from Sony, the VP informed while the negative of Lawrence of Arabia has already been scanned (at 8K), restoration is not completed yet and "will certainly take a year to complete." Other projects in the works include The Caine Mutiny and The Guns of Navarone.

I'm hoping it is just a matter of them wanting to really do it right and taking their time... I know, I know... wishful thinking.

LOL. You sir are like me and we are both smart enough to know better.

Lawrence Of Arabia is getting a Blu-Ray release next year. Paramount is going all out on this one to make sure the PQ and AQ will do the movie justice.

This is what I heard as well.

It is also the movies 50th anniversary next year. I think it will be one of the big releases next holiday season.

And this is what I mean. They will wait for monumental moments to touch these films so they can really capitalize and justify the money and effort being put into them. Sucks for us as aficionado's but for them it's still business.

I'm not sure what the appeal of Hook is. To me it's a giant mess of a movie. I guess if you saw it as a kid it might have some sentamental meaning. :dunno

Blaine-Edwards-Antoine-Merriweather-men-on-film.jpg

"Hated it."

For me, Hook has the Spielberg factor. :rotfl
I already own all his movies that were released on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray. Yes, even the sucky ones. :monkey1

Back