Your GOTY 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a fan of EFNY and I assume other 80s action movies, yes you really should. :lol

Yes, Blood Dragon is amazing. However it's close with State of Decay for me in terms of best downloadable only game.

Stat of Decay is pretty good but I wouldn't consider it DLC in the same way, though I get what your saying.

I agree it had a great Batman story all around and I quite liked it but games are a hell of alot more than story or I'd peg Bioshock as far and away the winner.

To me the story is everything. I can forgive a lot of shortcomings in other areas if the story is engrossing. If not for the story I wouldn't have many kind words about The Last of Us (typical Naughty Dog problems).

The entire engine and combat system are reused, and not well. Half the open world is a reskin and all the ground work and love for those characters was already there for them.

I agree, but as a filler in a series I didn't expect much change in any aspect here. I was a little disappointed that some of the gameplay felt like it was going backwards though, but not enough that it had a negative impact overall. If this game was put out by Rocksteady I'm not sure there would be such negativity towards it considering most of the problems have been fixed with patches.

They also should have never added a MP and focused on polishing the SP more. At launch, for many, the game was unplayable because they rushed it out.

Agreed. I have zero desire to play MP so I have no clue what it's like, but I do see it's not liked by other people.

At launch, for many, the game was unplayable because they rushed it out.

I experienced no problems other than framerate hiccups when there was a lot of enemies. I'll take people's word for it though.

Meh but a safe bet you won't be seeing that on any other lists.

Has zero impact on my opinion.

I've seen plenty of gameplay on it and it's got that fantastic 80s feel :lol I'll get it before the year is out.

I am surprised that Far Cry: Blood Dragon wasn't on anybody else's list. It might've been on my list, but it was way too short IMO even for a DLC.

To me the story is everything. I can forgive a lot of shortcomings in other areas if the story is engrossing. If not for the story I wouldn't have many kind words about The Last of Us (typical Naughty Dog problems).

For me it's like 80 percent of a video game. The rest is how your interaction in the world they created intertwines into the bigger picture. I agree I can forgive shortcomings like with Infinite for example. The story there is something you actually think about for days and makes you reconsider your outlook on life and your beliefs of the way the universe works which to me is a massive accomplishment few if any other games have ever achieved. But the gameplay was alot of been there, done that, and the skyhooks and tears were a bit of a letdown so while it's my personal fav of the year, I realise it's too flawed to actually be given full credit. I feel like TLOU had the story + slightly more engaging or if nothing else, new and fresher gameplay. Whereas Black Flag lacked an edge in storytelling and took me out of the experiance big time by going with the idea that your really playing as a programmer in some building watching Edward's memories. Attrocious storytelling and pacing in an otherwise incredibly innovative and stunning sandbox that makes GTA look boring.

As a fan of EFNY and I assume other 80s action movies, yes you really should. :lol

Stat of Decay is pretty good but I wouldn't consider it DLC in the same way, though I get what your saying.

Blood Dragon does not require you to own Far Cry 3 to play. It's considered a stand alone expansion, since the only similarities it has with Far Cry 3 are the controls and mechanics.

So, I could see it listed in either DLC/add-on category or as a Downloable Only Game.

The only new game I played this year was MG Rising. So, until I play TLOU, Rising will be my GOTY (and the only game of 2013) that I've played :rotfl.

Back