Your favorite underappreciated films

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite underappreciated film is Rogue One. Main episode film fans have crapped all over it for things that the other films have always gotten away with. Idiots always turns a blind eye.

My favorite underappreciated film is Rogue One. Main episode film fans have crapped all over it for things that the other films have always gotten away with. Idiots always turns a blind eye.

Rogue one was well received I thought. General consensus seems to be pretty positive.

My vote goes to green lantern. Now that's an unpopular film!

Man that's a long list:

Dune
Excalibur
Dragonslayer
Predator 2
Alien 3
Watchmen
Star Trek The Motion Picture
Batman Vs Superman
Solo A Star Wars Movie
The Phantom Menace
Attack Of The Clones
Revenge Of The Sith
Hellboy(all of them)
Man Of Steel
Alien Covenant
Starship Troopers
Robocop 2

And much more besides

Sucker Punch..

loved Rogue One.. my personal favorite SW film besides 1977 Star Wars and 1980 Empire.

not that I give a damn' what the F#ck RT critics say but even RT critics and Fans loved it..
84%
TOMATOMETER
Total Count: 421

86%
AUDIENCE SCORE
User Ratings: 101,851

Last edited:
Man that's a long list:

Dune
Excalibur
Dragonslayer
Predator 2
Alien 3
Watchmen
Star Trek The Motion Picture
Batman Vs Superman
Solo A Star Wars Movie
The Phantom Menace
Attack Of The Clones
Revenge Of The Sith
Hellboy(all of them)
Man Of Steel
Alien Covenant
Starship Troopers
Robocop 2

And much more besides

A Freak after my own heart! I’d forgotten about ST: TMP. Definitely appreciate that more in my old age than I (or anyone else) did as a kid.

The Edge, w/ Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin. Top ten manliest movies ever made.

Secondhand Lions, Michael Caine and Robert Duvall. Not to many heartwarming guys'-guy movies out there. The bar fight scene with Duvall is classic ...

Cinderella Man. Probably the best sports movie ever made.

The A-Team. Damn shame it never got a sequel. Just a fun movie. Way better than any of the GI Joe stuff.

SnakeDoc

Ohhh good one. I also quite like The Ghost and the Darkness from the previous year despite Val Kilmer's accent.

Haven't seen The Ghost and the Darkness. I'll have to look for it.

I think 'The Edge' suffered quite a bit from a bad title. Completely meaningless, generic and forgettable title ... for a really good movie.

SnakeDoc

River's Edge
Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
Pride
No
Clifford
Hail, Cesar
The Wild Life
end rant

Haven't seen The Ghost and the Darkness. I'll have to look for it.

I think 'The Edge' suffered quite a bit from a bad title. Completely meaningless, generic and forgettable title ... for a really good movie.

SnakeDoc

Probably right. It gives no idea of the content of the film, which, if anyone here doesn't know, was about 3 men surviving a plane crash in isolated wilderness, trying to find their way out while being hunted by a large ferocious Bear. Many terrifying and intense scenes.

It naturally brings to my mind Ghost and the Darkness which is a Man against Lion story starring Michael Douglas and Val Kilmer.

Chinese Hercules
Amsterdam Connection
Enter Game of Death
Ninja strikes back
Batman Sub Zero
Love Guru
Police Academy 2-6
Delta Force (better than Rambo II & III , Commando and many other action films)
Masters of Universe
Brainstorm
At close range
Biloxi Blues
Communion
Comfort of Strangers

Probably right. It gives no idea of the content of the film, which, if anyone here doesn't know, was about 3 men surviving a plane crash in isolated wilderness, trying to find their way out while being hunted by a large ferocious Bear. Many terrifying and intense scenes.

It naturally brings to my mind Ghost and the Darkness which is a Man against Lion story starring Michael Douglas and Val Kilmer.

I highly recommend checking out "The Grey" with Liam Neeson if you haven't already. Very much in the same vein as those films you mentioned about a pack of wolves hunting plane crash survivors in Alaska. A really harsh and brutal film.

Back