Your favorite underappreciated films

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
House Of Games
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
The Quiet Earth
The Descent
Deep Rising
Femme Fatale
The Sure Thing
30 Days Of Night
Last Of The Dogmen
Brotherhood Of The Wolf
Lucky # Slevin

The Next Three Days with Russel Crowe.
Really good film about a college professor that breaks his wife out of prison.

I appreciate all the movies I like. If other people "underappreciate" them, then I guess that's their problem.

Anyone ever see the Taiwanese movie "Yi-Yi?" I love it.

And my favorite non-anime Japanese movie "Tampopo".....amazing film.

The Watch

Nobody I know really likes his movie.. I half expect to end up not enjoying it myself with repeat viewing as I figure there must be some reason everyone hates.. But nope... Still love it and still find it funny.

I could have done without the last 20 min... But everything up until that point is fun and funny IMO.

I could watch “the watch” all the time-great happy to be dumb film

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rambo III

It's probably the most under appreciated action movie of the 80's decade. It's huge in scale and the action and stunts are quite good...for 80's/90s American action movies. I'm not a fan of it because of the desert setting, and because it's basically a larger scale version of the second film, so it's redundant, but as a stand alone one man army action film, it's big, well shot, Stallone looks huge, and the practical effects puts all the Fast and Furious movies to shame. The intro, the cave sequence, Stallone doing his own stunts riding the horse, and Stallone burning himself are my favorite parts.

Seems like a lot of movies listed here are panned by critics and fans alike, so saying they are underappreciated is really just a person saying that critics and fans are wrong, right? Instead, I would list movies that are are either misunderstood (like, say, Holy Mountain), or are generally considered good, but are not appropriately appreciated would be better understood as "underappreciated." Taking that tack, I would list Miller's Crossing as an underappreciated movie. Highly critically acclaimed. Made by the Coen Brothers, brilliantly written, acted, and executed. But you rarely hear it listed among the best of their movies, or as one of the best movies of the 1990s. Even Barton Fink gets more acclaim, possibly because it is more of an art film. So, I say that one is underappreciated.

BvS, Revenge of the Sith, Alien vs. Predator, A Scanner Darkly.....just to name a few.

I also enjoyed Rush.

Damn, he died?

I also really loved Rush.

Yeah, just last week.

Looking at pics of him when he was younger they chose well in Daniel Bruhl to play him. And there was pics of him with Michael Schumacher who I also had to look up just to check if he was still alive. Seems he is but you just don't hear anything about him anymore since his accident.

I really like Miller's Crossing.

Inside Man is also a great little movie no one notices.

The Bedroom Window is too. And No Way Out. I like quiet suspenseful thrillers like Rear Window.

Is that one underappreciated? It shouldn't be, terrific film that holds up very well. I also quite enjoyed the remake with Kurt Russell.

It's always been labeled as a 70s disaster film which it is but there's a negative connotation when that label is used because the other films weren't nearly as good. I also enjoyed the remake.

Back