Your Favorite "obscure" horror films

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth_Fatso

Super Freak
Reaction score
List some of your favorite obscure horror movies that you like but most people have never heard about.

My list in no particular order

Final Exam
The Burning
Terror Train
The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Prom Night (original)
Night of the Creeps
Puppet Master
Demonic Toys
Silent Night/Deadly Night
Zombi 2 aka Zombie
Sleepaway Camp (if you've never seen or heard about this movie, watch it if only for the ending. It's not what you're expecting)

The Burning is such a fantastic movie, Cropsy is such a great villian. Also the Town that Dreaded Sundown...a little over rated, but still a great movie.

My list: Inside, Castle Freak, Doll Graveyard, Don't Look In The Basement, Prom Night (original), 976-Evil. I'm sure there's more but that's all I can come up with now.

The only horror movie that's ever scared me was Clownhouse.

I think I saw this one. Is it the one where there are like 3 escaped prisoners/mental patiants dressed like clowns and they stalk 2 brothers? Also if it's the movie I'm thinking of, didn't the director go to jail for molesting one of the actors?

Another cool Clown slasher is The Clown at Midnight. Haven't seen that in ages but it has Margo Kidder and the girl who played Ashley on Fresh Prince.

Last edited:
Great obscure horror...
Deadtime stories
clownhouse
killer condom (awesome)
cannibal holocaust
I spit on your grave
dead alive
the brood
let the right ones in
them
the stuff

Plus many many more

Rawhead rex
razorback
the stepfather
the dark backward ( not horror, but über obscure and brilliant)

Martyr (pretty incredible flick. The kind the puches you right in thr chest after watching it)
Inside (whacked out and incredible)

rawhead rex lol..

lets see heres some of the more memorable ones i can remember in alphabetical order(sort of)

braindead,
C.H.U.D,
Circus of fear - oldschool but couldn't have one without price
Body Parts,
Demons,
Clawed, the legend of Saquatch,
Killer clowns from outer space,
dinocroc,
disturbia,
Cannibal campout,
Buried alive,
The hitcher...original and best imo

Last edited:
rawhead rex lol..

lets see heres some of the more memorable ones i can remember in alphabetical order(sort of)

braindead,
C.H.U.D,
Circus of fear,
Body Parts,
Clawed, the legend of Saquatch,
dinocroc,
disturbia,
Cannibal campout,
Buried alive,
The hitcher...original and best imo

I can't belive I didn't add those. Yeah both C.H.U.D. and The Hitcher are great. Rutger Hauer was as terrific as he was terrifying in that. The remake was pretty good as well imho.

Don't know if mine are obscure, but:

Cannibal Holocaust - but I won't watch it again!
Motel Hell
Martin
Suspiria
Phantasm
Faces of Death
Midnight Meat Train

Sometimes, I like sick stuff!

Since everyones listing i'll throw mine in.

Flowers of Flesh and blood
Cannibal Ferox (not really a favorite, but eveyone kept listing cannibal holocaust)
The Deadly Spawn
Burial Ground
Creep
The Prowler
Tombs of the Blind Dead

You guys are bringing up all these good ones I didn't add. Phantasm, CHUD, Night Of The Creeps, House, Killer Klowns, My Bloody Valentine (original) and April Fools Day.

Phantasim is great and ranks in my top 10 fave horror movies of all time but because most of my friends have seen or heard of it I knida didn't consider it "obsure" but you can add it to the list as well.

Back