Your Favorite Under-rated Horror Films

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Food of the Gods. We sat around that tv like FDR on the radio watching that movie.

And i didnt care for jacob's ladder. It was just too weird and the ending wasnt good. It's really a hackneyed soap opera plot to say the whole thing was a dream.

But cool weird was Videodrome.

Food of the Gods. We sat around that tv like FDR on the radio watching that movie.

And i didnt care for jacob's ladder. It was just too weird and the ending wasnt good. It's really a hackneyed soap opera plot to say the whole thing was a dream.

But cool weird was Videodrome.

Not a dream, a death experience. He was dying, passing though Hell, Purgatory and finally to Heaven.

Chopping Mall is great fun. And I agree that the genuinely freaky movies like Altered States and Jacobs Ladder do seem to get overlooked. Another really freaky, often overlooked film from an all time great director is the Brood.

But my choice is Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. Yes, it's a cult classic. But many write it off in comparison to the original film. And treated as a kind of a throwaway. But I think it's brilliantly done. And in fact I actually like it better than the original. So many things are done so well in that movie. It's not a conventional horror film, but you can see its influences in all kinds of places.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I am on board with 2 being a better overall film than one. Its pretty much the same story just fleshed out more.

I will add
49cc074c337241a5c4454fc4af43215a.jpeg
6ca1cc42ea73a25c6eaf42d8d14d6af8.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jacobs LaddEr, Food of the Gods, The Car, The Devil's rain

The Car.
Had to watch the trailer to remind me what the movie was and I do recall seeing it when I was much younger.
I don't recall it being any good...probably why I forgot about the movie.
Duel, on the other hand, was pretty good. But it's more suspense than horror.

Not sure it's underrated...but Intruder is a great one. Has one brutal kill that's worth seeing.

Yeah, I wouldn't say The Omen (original from the 70's) is underrated.
It's so popular that several sitcoms have mocked it or made a parody of it.

I was surprised how I didn't enjoy The Omen with how praised it is. +1 for Reanimator though, fantastic movie with awesome practical effects. Can't beat 80's horror. It's gold Jerry! Gold!

Back