Your contribution to the degeneration of the English language...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah screw English that subject sucks. I have hated it all my life ever since I was a kid and I couldn't get phone right on a spelling thing in like 1st or 2nd grade. They kept telling me to sound it out, what the hell is that crap when it does no good. I would sound it out and I would get fone. What good does sounding out do when the sound is a f sound but its not an f but a god damm ph.

Plus my SAT score would have rocked if they took the english out. I got somthing like 300 on english but low 700s on math back when perfect score was 800 on each.

Joo: A word originating from the Philly/South Jersey area. A query. (ie: "Joo eat?" generally followed by the response: "No. Joo?"
There is some evidence that it is a contraction of 'did you'.

a friend uses this word he invented..cap-snaffler.

basically it's the folded cardboard you put over a bowl in between hits. :lol

Re: Your contribution to the rape of the English language...

Hi Lonnie...:wave

I teach English Literature.:read

I've got several Degrees hanging on my wall--- all having to do with English.:lecture

You're dead to me.:rip

Science :yuckvs. the Arts.:rock

It's on... Like Donkey Kong.

CRIPPLE FIGHT!

SM1082~Cripple-Fight-Posters.jpg

I constantly use the word "wit" instead of "with". But hey English was my fourth language, give me a break!

I also coined shabbylicious. I use that when I eat food that's not too shabby, yet delicious.

I just add '-mo-tron' to the end of every noun...that really annoys people...

Or should I say people-mo-trons...

You want to see the english language brutalized. Watch Truth or Consequnces New Mexico. The guy on that movie destroys it and it's hilarious.

Quote: "This girl postagotta big a$$"

Man, I hope you made all those grammatical errors on purpose - otherwise those kids are doomed! :monkey3
:lol I did...to prove that the posts are still readable without proofreading each one....if I aimed to post perfect Grammar and perfect word/sentence structure with each post I'd have like 50 posts because they'd take me that long but pretty much say the same things.

I find myself going into teacher mode on the boards now and then but really try to retain myself especially because this is an escape for most.

:lol I did...to prove that the posts are still readable without proofreading each one....if I aimed to post perfect Grammar and perfect word/sentence structure with each post I'd have like 50 posts because they'd take me that long but pretty much say the same things.

I find myself going into teacher mode on the boards now and then but really try to retain myself especially because this is an escape for most.

I try and turn off my correcting brain... Otherwise my brain would most definitely explode around here.

Case in point.

mfoga said:
Yeah screw English! That subject sucks. I have hated it all my life. Ever since I was a kid, I couldn't get phone right on a spelling thing/test in like/eliminate 1st or 2nd grade. They kept telling me to sound it out,/comma splice . What the hell is that crap when it does no good? I would sound it out and I would get "fone". What good does sounding out do? when/eliminate The sound is an f sound but it's not an f. It's a god damn ph.

Plus my SAT score would have rocked if they took the english out. I got something like 300 on english but low 700' s on math back when a perfect score was 800 on each.

:rotfl:lecture:slap:lol:monkey3

I kid cause I love. Just ask me if I do my own taxes. Science is witchcraft and I can only count to ten... eleven if I'm feeling naughty.

:lol Exactly Neil. If I were on English Teacher mode 24-7 I'd never be able to read one of P!tu's posts without my head exploding.

I sometimes want to shout at my computer when I see...

your instead of you're (or vice-versa)
their instead of there (or vice-versa)
to instead of too (or vice-versa) (and don't even add in two)

... I think you get the point... :google

I sometimes want to shout at my computer when I see...

your instead of you're (or vice-versa)
their instead of there (or vice-versa)
to instead of too (or vice-versa) (and don't even add in two)

... I think you get the point... :google

I get you're point. Their really annoying.
Dose anyone else think so to?

:monkey3:lol

I love English now
At school, I did not have very good marks in English.
In college, I had to pass an English exam with the best result to receive a scholarship. Nothing was more motivating than the opportunity to get a scholarship to college. I found an English tutor. We practiced online Skype three times a week. I was able to make my English almost perfect. Yes, I went on a scholarship) Since then I love English))

Back