Your 2010 October/Halloween Movie List

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny I always try to save the horror movies for October but I always end up watching them around August/September.

I've already seen Child's Play, and A Nightmare on Elm Street...I wouldn't mind seen A Nightmare on Elm Street again. lol, I actually watched Night of the Demons on Hulu about 3 weeks ago.

I just watched Beetlejuice as well!! Along with Sleepy Hollow, Ed Wood, Sweeney Todd, and Edward Scissorhands, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. So all the Tim Burton Films are out of the equation.

And I love What Lies Beneath, not usually a Halloween film for me, feels more like a November movie to me.

hmmmm... I guess I'll be watching....

From Hell
American Psycho
Interview With The Vampire
Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight
Fright Night
The Lost Boys
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Thing
The Shining
Grindhouse
Friday the 13th Part I-IV

and maybe

Halloween, Puppetmaster, The Santa Claus if I feel like it.

Got to watch Halloween tonight. I remembered it having faster pace but oh well. Love it anyways. Tomorrow I think I am watching the HalloweenTown series. And I am not ashamed about that. Yes, it's lame as I am an adult now, but still, I feel like it's the right thing to do. :exactly:

So far my girlfriend and I have watched:

Brides of Dracula (TCM)
Dracula: Prince of Darkness (TCM)
Plague of the Zombies (TCM)
The Devil Rides Out (TCM)
Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
Nosferatu (1922)
King Kong (1933) (Blu Ray)
Gojira

Plan on watching:
The Man Who Laughs
The Magician (1927)
The Evil Dead
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Halloween
The Exorcist
Frankenstein
Bride of Frankenstein
Son of Frankenstein
Young Frankenstein
The Mummy (1932)
The Mummy's Hand
The Mummy (1959)

It's exciting for me as a long-time fan since my girlfriend hasn't seen most of these before.

For anyone interested in the UK, bbc4 have a horror season on. Just found out last night. They showed bride of frankenstein after some program about the history of horror (which is repeated on thursday night if you missed it).
Just thought i'd share.

Ended up seriously overhauling my original list for the month. So far, I've watched in this order (copied and pasted from the Excel spreadsheet I set up...yeah I got a touch of OCD):

THEM!
Leviathan
The Thing
Zombieland
An American Werewolf in London
The Blob (1988)
Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Day of the Dead (2008)
Creepshow
Planet Terror
Return of the Living Dead
Return of the Living Dead 2
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
The Birds
Them (French movie that inspired "The Strangers")
Poltergeist
The Gravedancers

And I still have left to watch:

The Descent
Shaun of the Dead
Below
Jaws
Evil Dead 2
Creepshow 2
Deadly Friend
Maximum Overdrive
Wind Chill
Sleepy Hollow
Invaders from Mars (1986)
They Live
John Carpenter's Vampires

And on Halloween weekend...

Halloween II
The Wraith
Halloween III: Season of the Witch
Night of the Living Dead (Savini, 1990)
Trick 'r Treat
The Fog (1979)

finally watched the nightmare on elm street remake...meh. also watched the collector. had some pretty big plot holes but the movie is well made and wella acted. enjoyed it even though we were laughing/making fun of parts.

The remake of elm street was garbage in my opinion, feel sorry for the young people here. You cannot take a classic movie like the 1st elm street and chop it up the way they did, very disappointing...:(

Good or bad or somewhere in between, a remake doesn't replace the original. Some people never seem to understand that.

Watching Carpenter's The Fog now.

Just watched Return of the Living Dead. I dunno what it is about this movie but I just love it :D I love zombie movies in general ............. theres just something about surviving a zombie epedemic that has me intrigued. :lol

Just watched Return of the Living Dead. I dunno what it is about this movie but I just love it :D I love zombie movies in general ............. theres just something about surviving a zombie epedemic that has me intrigued. :lol

You just like watching Pineappleface Quigley boogying in the buff on top of the grave stone. :lol

completely forgot to add Rocky horror to my watch list, need to get the right beverages to properly prepare though. Maybe this weekend.

Back