You should be ashamed SS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: You should be hashamed SS!!!

for all intend and purpose it is sold out

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

:duh :duh :duh

:inlove thanks that was funny.

Nothing to say about Lurtz and Frodo?
Lurtz is beaut & frodo is ugly.

Nothing to say about the lack of LOTR item's over the last two years
I have stated this already as this is the topic

I know it's hard for some people to get over the fact the LOTR craze is over

One persons craze is another persons love, books , films, statues, whatever brings joy I say.

wetayourself said:
thanks that was funny.

Almost as funny as you believing SS when they tell you it takes 18 month's to come up with a PF figure...actually that's not funny at all, more like sad and pathetic.....now run along and have another sandwich :rotfl

Last edited:

woodsy said:
You mean like the Lurtz and Frodo PF's that have been available for well over a year and are yet to sell out?
Maybe you haven't been keeping score lately or you are simply in denial, but LOTR isn't exactly setting the world on fire anymore, and it hasn't for a long time. The movies are over, the speculators have moved on, and what is left is a small, but loyal fanbase. Don't take my word on this, just click on to the SS website under LOTR and look at the numbers for yourself. Maybe you're not a math whiz but I'm sure you can figure the numbers out on your own.

SS knows this, and they have for a long time. But of course, they're not going to tell us that. Instead, they keep feeding us bulls@#t sandwiches, and until we as LOTR collectors stop asking for seconds, they will continue feeding them to us. :rolleyes:

Or maybe the LotR PFs aren't selling out because people don't want to commit into the line since it's going WAY too slow and there's no clue of where it is going. Neither Orcs or Hobbits do anything for me, so I decided to hold off on this line till more stuff got announced. It never happened, so I never ordered, and now for me it's over.

Lynxje said:
Or maybe the LotR PFs aren't selling out because people don't want to commit into the line since it's going WAY too slow and there's no clue of where it is going. Neither Orcs or Hobbits do anything for me, so I decided to hold off on this line till more stuff got announced. It never happened, so I never ordered, and now for me it's over.

If they announce a human or elf, or maybe both. Perfectly crafted and ready to ship within months - it's still a no-go for you Lynxje?

woodsy said:
I know it's hard for some people to get over the fact the LOTR craze is over, but there is help out there for you...professional help is just a call away, so put down that Tolkien book and reach for the Yellow Pages :D

And why exactly are you hanging around over here in the LOTR forum...? :eek:

Re: all the time in the world

woodsy said:
What SS isn't telling you [for fear of alienating LOTR collectors even further] is LOTR is no longer a front line money-generating licence, and they simply aren't going to invest as much time and energy when they can generate so much more revenue with Star Wars and Marvel.

SST wont see a dime from me on the StarWars or Marvel lines. They just dont interest me. I will only collect the LOTR line and if they cancel that, than they wont be getting any of my money, simple as that. Anyone else out there just collect the LOTR line?

Re: all the time in the world

hoodonit00 said:
SST wont see a dime from me on the StarWars or Marvel lines. They just dont interest me. I will only collect the LOTR line and if they cancel that, than they wont be getting any of my money, simple as that. Anyone else out there just collect the LOTR line?

Yup, I'm LOTR only, I had Spider-Man vs Hulk briefly, then sold it. My entire apartment is filled with SSW. Have the Excl. Lurtz PF, held off on Frodo for now, due to poor likeness. The PF issue is ridiculous, their secrecy is nothing short of tiring and annoying. Suspense has turned into frustration and annoyance. If I cared enough, which I don't anymore, I'd be in Contempt-Country.

woodsy said:
I know it's hard for some people to get over the fact the LOTR craze is over, but there is help out there for you...professional help is just a call away, so put down that Tolkien book and reach for the Yellow Pages :D

:lol :lol :lol :lol

MAN...YOU'VE JUST PUT TWO FUNNY POSTS BACK TO BACK...

goliath said:
And why exactly are you hanging around over here in the LOTR forum...? :eek:

I was thinking the same thing. If you don't like LOTR or Tolkien then go off to whatever it is that floats your boat.

Thinking SW and Marvel is more popular than LOTR is a bit deluded I think.
I love SW and Marvel does nothing for me but LOTR has a special place in my heart and has taken over SW as my favourite trilogy since the crappy prequels arrived( not inc EP 3).I think that SS is not paying attention to the products that people actually want ie-PF and releasing stuff that no one really wants ie legendary scale busts/dioramas etc.Not to say these items ar'nt nice...but...who wants more busts even if they are bigger.The diorama is really nice (much better than the PF frodo) but is simply a trinket in comparison to the PF figures - what are you supposed to do with it??People are just buying these as a stop gap IMO.
In the meantime I have started purchasing SW PF's which may lead to being a slippery slope or may be just a phase I am going through due to the lack of LOTR PF's.Even though I cannot watch TPM and AOTC any more,there are still characters I really like and I am hoping the TV series will prove to be one that proves itself against a number of decent series currently being aired(Battlestar Gallactica etc) and therfore reignite my love for the space saga.
As for LOTR, If things don't get going soon with a product release that excels compared to the last PF then that'll be it for this line for me.Life is too short and waiting for what could be years and years for a decent collection is something only suited to younger collectors and not something I would consider.They are definately going to lose money through this if they are not careful.Thats my two pence( not cents) and I am a little tipsy so be gentle with me...xxxXXXxxx

you guys will still get the dios' i think it will be a nice complement pieces to your weta collections...

Shai Hulud said:
you guys will still get the dios' i think it will be a nice complement pieces to your weta collections...

These dios remind me of when they came out with the Minas Tirith DVD keepsake. It's too small to appreciate. Thus, when someone else came out with the larger version, people snapped that up quickly.

I do agree, the Legendary Scale busts doesn't float my boat. PFs is the only salvation, unless they get creative with the dios (anyone up for a Fellowship 9 dio that can be connected together to make a big dio?)

jlcmsu said:
I was thinking the same thing. If you don't like LOTR or Tolkien then go off to whatever it is that floats your boat.

My issue was with the mindless sheep [ wetayourself comes to mind] out there who :

a].don't know how to count....[no 1+1 doesn't = 4 !]
b].think it take's 18 month's to produce a PF figure
c].who for some strange reason are willing to believe everything SS tries to feed them.
Where exactly did I say I don't like LOTR or Tolkien? Perhaps you brain surgeon's should actually read my previous postings in their entirety before adding your two cents worth. That is what teachers are supposed to be able to do isn't it :confused:....read and comprehend. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

woodsy said:
Where exactly did I say I don't like LOTR or Tolkien? Perhaps you brain surgeon's should actually read my previous postings in their entirety before adding your two cents worth. That is what teachers are supposed to be able to do isn't it :confused:....read and comprehend. :rolleyes:

Man, you have a fantastic attitude Woodsy. :lol

woodsy said:
b].think it take's 18 month's to produce a PF figure

For argument sake, how long does it take to make a 12" figure? When was Snow Bunny Padme announced?

The Lurtz PF exclusive was a match for any PF released to date, an absolute beauty. Unfortunately the Frodo PF proved a bit of a dog!

Now, I'm a major LOTR fan, after all it was the original Sideshow Weta line that got me started on this unforgivably addictive passtime. And yes, the wait for the next LOTR PF has been tough. But man, I'm just thankful for the breathing space to allow me to afford buying from the past years outstanding alternate Sideshow lines.

I just feel that when the next LOTR PF's are revealed, jaws will truly drop. Fans will not be letdown!

Fritz said:
For argument sake, how long does it take to make a 12" figure? When was Snow Bunny Padme announced?

At least SS had the courtesy to say they ran into issues with her and she was going to be delayed. They can't seem to do the same for LOTR.

Not only that but now this very board is shunning us LotR collectors. We can't even get any love and representation in the bobble-banner. :monkey2

Back