You should be ashamed SS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry Fritz. We, the Faithful, are not yet cast into the ruin of the sea! Someday, may the great Sideshow products we have seen grace the banners of these forums! May Sideshow and the Valar have mercy on us, and may the glory of the West yet endure in our collections until we are at last gifted with the glorious products we seek!

LOTR will come back around. Besdies, if running off some of the wanna be fans and speculators makes it better for all of us that want these. Fine by me.

Well, it appears that our long overdue next announcement has finally been revealed. Gandalf the White will be at SDCC. When it will go up for order is not known. I'm a bit saddened to see that it took 15 months for confirmation of an unarmored, rather easy PF (as LOTR PF's go anyway). I'm very excited and can't wait to see the final proto pics. For SS and this line's sake, I hope this is a masterpiece.

Darth Loki said:
Well, it appears that our long overdue next announcement has finally been revealed. Gandalf the White will be at SDCC.

Where did you get that from?

Edit: I see now, it's April 1st, haha.

jlcmsu said:
LOTR will come back around. Besdies, if running off some of the wanna be fans and speculators makes it better for all of us that want these. Fine by me.

There are many "Real" fans who are deeply frustrated at the slow rate of progress of this line. We are concerned that due to the slow release of these pieces that the numbers of people interested in being completists will tire of this current situation and drop it altoghether. If the market is frustrated it will go elsewhere, ie GG bust and animated lines and SS may have difficulty justifying the production of low run PF figures if as stated by themselves "these figures are extremely complex" to complete.

I would not belittle peoples fear regarding the line. It is real and justified. I am not for people continously repeating themselves but there is no harm with a post like this every now and again to remind SS of our frustration. We are fans of both LoTR and SS afterall.

Bullseye said:
There are many "Real" fans who are deeply frustrated at the slow rate of progress of this line. We are concerned that due to the slow release of these pieces that the numbers of people interested in being completists will tire of this current situation and drop it altoghether. If the market is frustrated it will go elsewhere, ie GG bust and animated lines and SS may have difficulty justifying the production of low run PF figures if as stated by themselves "these figures are extremely complex" to complete.

I would not belittle peoples fear regarding the line. It is real and justified. I am not for people continously repeating themselves but there is no harm with a post like this every now and again to remind SS of our frustration. We are fans of both LoTR and SS afterall.

Bullseye I think you took my post way out of context looking for something that isn't there.

I said nothing of "real" fans not being frustrated nor did I belittle their fears regarding the LOTR lines. I agree it is real and justified. I'm as bothered as anyone because as much as I love SW I love LOTR more. I want this line to do as well as can be and I am bothered none of it is moving faster. I want people who care about LOTR as much as I do to stay with the line but if some of those speculators and such go away that's fine by me.

Bullseye said:
...I am not for people continously repeating themselves but there is no harm with a post like this every now and again to remind SS of our frustration. We are fans of both LoTR and SS afterall.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. ;)

jlcmsu said:
I want people who care about LOTR as much as I do to stay with the line but if some of those speculators and such go away that's fine by me.
Sorry Josh, I am not going anywhere.:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

jlcmsu said:
Bullseye I think you took my post way out of context looking for something that isn't there.

I said nothing of "real" fans not being frustrated nor did I belittle their fears regarding the LOTR lines. I agree it is real and justified. I'm as bothered as anyone because as much as I love SW I love LOTR more. I want this line to do as well as can be and I am bothered none of it is moving faster. I want people who care about LOTR as much as I do to stay with the line but if some of those speculators and such go away that's fine by me.

Sorry if i misread your post. Just to clarify that real fans will also get frustrated at the lack of progress and "may" leave this line behind as the thoughts of waiting four or five years for the fellowship might be too much to bare:D

Bullseye said:
Sorry if i misread your post. Just to clarify that real fans will also get frustrated at the lack of progress and "may" leave this line behind as the thoughts of waiting four or five years for the fellowship might be too much to bare:D

I would hope if they really want them they would be willing to stick with it.

Re: You should be hashamed SS!!!

Fritz said:
For argument sake, how long does it take to make a 12" figure? When was Snow Bunny Padme announced?

Different figures take different lengths of time. It's one thing to make ONE prototype, which is by far the easiest part of the production process. The hardest part is developing the ways to re-create it as closely as possible in the production run. There are so many factors that affect production, especially when dealing with the fashion and fabric on 12-inch and Premium Format figures, that it's impossible to accurately predict the length of the process from conception to completion. Sometimes all the pieces just fall into place and they can breeze right through it. Other times, it's practically impossible to source a material for mass production at a certain time, thus it has to get pushed, etc. And due to past experiences, Sideshow doesn't like to formally announce a product unless they guys are SURE that it can be produced for the collectors, in a way that accurately reflects the spirit of the prototype.

Regardless, people can (and will) believe what they want. All I have to say is that those who decide to leave a line just because the figures aren't being pumped out as fast a they'd like are going to miss out on some cool stuff in the near future :cool:

A shame you can't show all those excellent prototypes. Then people would know not to quit this line.

Regardless, from the figures I've seen at Toy Fair, this line only gets better. I dig the Aragorn figure, the Legolas was even better, Boromir trumped that one, and images can not do justice to Faramir. I dare say of everything I've seen at TF, Faramir is the best 1/6 scale figure this year (so far)...

For what its worth, the Bride PF is amazing too.

Hey Dusty, glad to see your post, you've been MIA lately. I did give everyone a little tease to hold LOTR collectors over with my April Fools Gandalf announcement. I'm sure we will get a new announcement soon and it will definitely be worth the wait :D

YAY DAVE! ANOTHER HERALD OF GOOD NEWS!!!

and for that matter TO JEN ALSO, QUEEN OF KINDNESS!!!

I foresee some tremendous events coming about in time.........

I've, also, been patiently waiting. Thanks Dusty for giving us hope that we will receive great news in the near future.

Back