You should be ashamed SS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: You should be hashamed SS!!!

SideshowDusty said:
...are going to miss out on some cool stuff in the near future :cool:

Hmm, how liquid is the term "near?" :monkey5 :confused: :monkey5

Dusty, I think we understand that different figures/characters take different times to push through production.

One question I have is why do 12" figures get little teases during prototyping and PF's get nothing until the official announcement? I'm sure the answer isn't as simple as I'd like it to be, but I'm curious all the same.

I just hope another line does not suffer if and when SS start producing these. As much as i love LoTR i love Marvel more. That line is without doubt the premier line IMO. A Thor PF would be perfect:D

I would love to see a head sculpt teaser at least since SS have shown some 12" figure teasers in the past including a teaser to the Rocky Bust.

jlcmsu said:
I don't know if I'd call Marvel the premire line. It's awesome and all but........

If premiere means what is getting the most attention/focus than Marvel and Star Wars would certainly fit that category.

LOTRFan said:
If premiere means what is getting the most attention/focus than Marvel and Star Wars would certainly fit that category.

If you go by that then yeah. :D

Re: You should be hashamed SS!!!

Yay, Dusty's back! :rock

SideshowDusty said:
...All I have to say is that those who decide to leave a line just because the figures aren't being pumped out as fast a they'd like are going to miss out on some cool stuff in the near future :cool:

I can only speak for myself and there's no way I'm leaving this PF LotR line while you're still making figures but that still doesn't mean I have to be happy about not having an announcement in well over a year. :monkey2

Well Marvel has PF's, Comicquettes, an Adam Hughes collection, versus dioramas, bust-o-ramas, legendary scale busts,weapons sets, 1:1 busts, SM3 and some other toy selections...I'd say its a money maker:D Plus it has some of the most sought after pieces on the secondary market including Doom, Ironman, Sentinal Diorama, Spider-man PF variants etc. I collect the three lines mentioned Marvel, SW and LoTR and at the moment LoTR isn't in the equation with regards to content and quantity/quality. Star Wars is doing okay but it really only has the PF's, 1:1 and 12" line and not a line of dioramas. Still abit behind on quanity and in general the line is not quite as good as the Marvel line. So i guess IMO anyway Marvel is tops and long may it continue:D Thats not to say i'm looking forward to some nice LoTR and SW pieces in the future.:emperor

jlcmsu said:
If you go by that then yeah. :D

And why wouldn't you? No point in misleading ourselves, Star Wars and Marvel are big ticket sellers that allow small companies like SSC to make collectibles for licenses that are not as popular. While we all would love to see LOTR (not to mention Buffy, POTA, and X-Files) get as many new items as SW and Marvel, we all know that there isn't a market big enough to support it and it would cause the line to die altogether.

Personally, I'm more than happy to see this line grow slowly. It fills me with confidence that it will be a long lasting collection that over the course of a few years will provide us all with everything we really want.

An

Personally, I'm more than happy to see this line grow slowly. It fills me with confidence that it will be a long lasting collection that over the course of a few years will provide us all with everything we really want.

Will it? WETA was pumping out dozens of items a year and when they pulled the plug there where still main chars not made. If SS puts out 1 (or 2 if you're lucky) PFs a year it would take them FIVE YEARS just to get the Fellowship complete. Taking into account they don't make orcs or other chars (prologue, female chars...) and keep the licence for that long......

At least kudos to Dusty for clearing up they haven't buried the line completely.

While I respect Dusty's comments I do take a little exception to "Those who leave a line because figures are not being pumped out as fast as they would like".

For me, and I can only speak for me, I am not leaving the LOTR PF line, but I think 14-15 months ( maybe more by the time something is announced ) between announcents, much less when we will get the next announcement IN HAND goes way beyond "pumping out figures as fast as I'd like". It's beyond a snails pace SLOW.

R&D, production issues or whatever else aside I would think it would take less than a year and a half between announcements. If there was a figure that had major production issues then push it and move on the next one until the issues can be resolved. I am sure SS does this andI am sure I am making it out to be a lot more simple then it is, but I just can't see a year and a half ( or more ) between announcements.

jlcmsu said:
I don't know if I'd call Marvel the premire line. It's awesome and all but........

Then you would be a fool. The Marvel line is by far SS's best line. Go spend a day in those forums and see how different the conversation is. All we talk about is how great each and every piece released is. Marvel has hit after hit. Every piece is now selling out in days, if not hours. The quality is unparalled by any other line SS has, including SW. The Marvel forum is why I joined and enjoy this board so much. All the SW threads consist of now is constant *****ing and moaning.

Darth Loki said:
Then you would be a fool. The Marvel line is by far SS's best line. Go spend a day in those forums and see how different the conversation is. All we talk about is how great each and every piece released is. Marvel has hit after hit. Every piece is now selling out in days, if not hours. The quality is unparalled by any other line SS has, including SW. The Marvel forum is why I joined and enjoy this board so much. All the SW threads consist of now is constant *****ing and moaning.

How many times have you been on and off of the Marvel bandwagon? :emperor :D

Darth Loki said:

BIG DITTO TO THAT....AND I'D LIKE TO ADD SOMETHING AND JOSH, YOU'RE NOT GONNA LIKE IT....

MARVEL OWNS SIDESHOW !!!!!!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :monkey5

I'd say Star Wars owns SS due to the number of pieces produced as a whole. The Marvel line is obviously VERY successful and will continue to be so aslong as they keep producing good pieces.

However, you need to look at edition sizes and see why Marvel may sell out faster. Marvel exclusives generally number from 200-500 and not 1,100-1,200.

Marvel is a great line, but the biggest money maker as a whole is SW.

Marvel SS products are created from a cartoon/comic vision... not a human likeness. It would be much easier to produce a comic likeness than a Viggo Aragorn face...

Patience is said to be a virtue---- I think the explosion of Marvel and the 30th Anniversary of ANH has been the focus for SS. 15 months is kind of ludicrous to wait for a new addition and I'm glad that I'm not tackling the LOTR's PF line. I am however now in the LOTR 12" line and the lack of movement there (waiting for Faramir) has me growing increasingly nervous.

Hopefully soon...

:gandalf_w :gandalf & :gimli for the 12" line and :nazgul & :aragorn for the PF.

(I just noticed--this is #600 :fireworks :fireworks Yeah for me!!!:D )

And why wouldn't you? No point in misleading ourselves, Star Wars and Marvel are big ticket sellers that allow small companies like SSC to make collectibles for licenses that are not as popular.

Well, first off the smilie at the end of the post you quoted should have been a give away I was goofing with Matt. Those two lines to allow for SS to do other lines but if it wasn't for LOTR SS might not be doing Marvel or SW.

The slow pace isn't that big of a deal for me. I'd like to see it move a little quicker but in the end I know both lines will be great.

Darth Loki said:

In your opinion it's the best line. That however does not make me a fool. I drop in there from time to time and I usually never stay very long. Every thread is about Doom. :lol Plus since Marvel isn't a line that I really have time nor money to get into. The characters are cool and the pieces are nice but IMO it's not the best line from SS. If that makes me a fool in your eyes then that's fine with me cause I don't give a damn. I'll take my SW and LOTR lines over Marvel anyday. Why? Cause to me those are the two most important lines for ME. If you don't feel that way the more power to you. :)

DarthNeil said:
Marvel SS products are created from a cartoon/comic vision... not a human likeness. It would be much easier to produce a comic likeness than a Viggo Aragorn face...

Pretty much.

jlcmsu said:
In your opinion it's the best line. That however does not make me a fool. I drop in there from time to time and I usually never stay very long. Every thread is about Doom. :lol Plus since Marvel isn't a line that I really have time nor money to get into. The characters are cool and the pieces are nice but IMO it's not the best line from SS. If that makes me a fool in your eyes then that's fine with me cause I don't give a damn. I'll take my SW and LOTR lines over Marvel anyday. Why? Cause to me those are the two most important lines for ME. If you don't feel that way the more power to you. :)

SW and LOTR are the most important to me as well. But that wasn't what I said. I said Marvel is by far, hands down the best line that SS has right now. LOTR PF's certainly have the ability to rival them, Lurtz is as impressive as any Marvel PF except Doom. But we have so little to go on that it can't really be compared at the present.

Back