You should be ashamed SS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so done with LOTR. Which makes me a bit sad in a way because it was LOTR that brought me to SSC. I have both of the PFs, as well as statues, helms and the 12 inch line....but while I've been waiting for news on LOTR I've fallen in love with Marvel and that is where my money is going. It would have to be one pretty damn amazing PF from LOTR to get me interested in this line again...and I can tell you right now there are no female figures that are going to do that for me and since that is one of the PFs they say they are making...it could be a very long time before I'm even remotely tempted to buy from this line again. Meanwhile, Marvel pieces are being cranked out (plus I have a lot of older ones to track down and buy on the secondary market) and I feel that what is probably going to happen is that when a male LOTR PF is finally announced, I will have already spent all my money on Marvel. It's too bad for LOTR..though SSC could probably care less since they are still getting my money anway through their Marvel line. This line just had so much more potential and it's a shame to see it dragging on like this. It derserves better and the fans/collectors deserve better.

LOTRFan said:
...If the next PF is what I have heard - and is being done by whom it was that I was told - we are in for a goodie. That's the only consolation I have at this point.

Gandalf the White by Oluf. :monkey1

I wish people would stop complaining about people complaining about the lack of a PF announcement on a message board dedicated to toys (aka collectibles). :rolleyes: :rotfl :monkey5

Fritz said:
I wish people would stop complaining about people complaining about the lack of a PF announcement on a message board dedicated to toys (aka collectibles). :rolleyes: :rotfl :monkey5

I wish a collectible company would provide us with collectibles instead of frustration. I guess we don't always get what we want.

Jen said:
I am so done with LOTR. Which makes me a bit sad in a way because it was LOTR that brought me to SSC. I have both of the PFs, as well as statues, helms and the 12 inch line....but while I've been waiting for news on LOTR I've fallen in love with Marvel and that is where my money is going. It would have to be one pretty damn amazing PF from LOTR to get me interested in this line again...and I can tell you right now there are no female figures that are going to do that for me and since that is one of the PFs they say they are making...it could be a very long time before I'm even remotely tempted to buy from this line again. Meanwhile, Marvel pieces are being cranked out (plus I have a lot of older ones to track down and buy on the secondary market) and I feel that what is probably going to happen is that when a male LOTR PF is finally announced, I will have already spent all my money on Marvel. It's too bad for LOTR..though SSC could probably care less since they are still getting my money anway through their Marvel line. This line just had so much more potential and it's a shame to see it dragging on like this. It derserves better and the fans/collectors deserve better.
:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

My hopes are deeply set in the 1/6 line, likely the only line I will collect to completion. I truly want to see the full Fellowship, Gandalf and Saruman the White, Elrond, and the three ladies. That would at least feel somewhat complete to me. But even then, it couldn't be enough, not with Rohan, the elves, and orcs to consider. This line, though, can't afford any minor characters for now, like SW can. Main characters please.

And please, Sideshow--don't forget Bill the Pony!

Was this information from ORC reiterated or publicly announced in anyway? If not, it's heresy and that is about as useful as a c*** flavored lollipop.

Patience is a virtue, but SS is expecting sainthood from us collectors.

The other thing that springs to mind for me is... How long does Sideshow's license to make the PFs last? Does anyone know? If its anything like the statues they ran for about 4 years or so?? At this rate we'll only have time for another 2 or 3 at best if something similar is in place for the PFs. So, is there a time-limit on the PF license????

As to the point about a possible gag order being in place, surely they could announce officially (ie on their website, not just at a convention) that they "expect" to announce 1, 2 or 3 PFs at SDCC?? Now wouldn't 3 all at once be good.... we'd have about 9-12 months to save up for them before they're released!:D

In the past my dealings with SS have been, on the whole, extremely good. However, I do feel they've let themselves down with the LotR PFs; several people reporting switching to other lines (and to other companies!) is not good for SSs PR at all. If I were them, I would at least post something on the LotR homepage to confirm that the line is indeed not dead (if that is the case and lets be honest, even with the comments at ORC and a while ago on this board, the "proof of the pudding" (as they say) is actually seeing something in the way of an official announcement), possibly even to apologise for the delay (whether its their fault or not, its good PR to communicate with your customers) and to give us some official hope. I recently completed a management course and in the marketing module, do you know what the most important thing to do is? To "listen to the customer". Well right now, many customers are effectively (ie either speaking on these boards, or (more importantly for SS) dropping the line completely) telling SS that we need to know more about whats going on with this line, and of course, that we'd like to see more pieces!! I said it earlier, and I'll say it again, I think they've diversified too much with the dios and busts, so its about time they focussed again on the PFs and the 12" line and at the least give us some concrete information regarding where they plan to go with them. Thats the least they can do to people who in many cases have invested several thousands of dollars with their company and are now feeling that they've been left high and dry with regard to the PFs. I honestly don't know what proportion of SSs income comes from LotR, so I don't know how important we are to them. Unlike others on this board I have neither the resources, nor the inclination to invest in any of the other lines that SS produces (I couldn't afford it when it was announced, but did get on the waitlist for the Predator maquette but that didn't come through). For me its only LotR - the way things are going, this is another customer that they're about to lose, permanently, and no matter what proportion of their income comes from me, it is not good for any business at all to lose customers...

As has been said above, the next PF needs to be absolutely stunning; the only female PFs that might come close to that for me are armoured Eowyn (or perhaps in her mourning gown...) or Dark Galadriel. They've already done an armoured Eowyn with SSW, and I'd much prefer to see Theoden (please!!) or Eomer done in PF. The "normal" Galadriel statue is still available on the SS website, and so is the Eowyn - I know they had ridiculous edition sizes, but the fact is that they are not as popular as the "main" characters. I'm not interested in Arwen in any guise.

So, SS, its over to you; please let us know whats going on and make the next PF an absolute killer (and then the next, and then the next...). I really want to see this line expand and succeed - Lurtz was out of this world, Frodo less so (amazingly detailed, yes, Elijah-like, no) - as has been said before so many times (sometimes by people who've now abandoned the line :( ), the potential for this line is immeasurable. Please, let it grow from strength to strength, not wither and die....

all the time in the world

I remember SS stating when the LOTR PF line started that there would be two PF statues per year. Alot of people here {and their wallet's} were pleased at this me included.

Whats all the fuss about?

Theres TWO LOTR PF statues COMMING THIS YEAR.

I want quailty and that takes time.

Re: all the time in the world

wetayourself said:
I remember SS stating when the LOTR PF line started that there would be two PF statues per year. Alot of people here {and their wallet's} were pleased at this me included.

OK, maybe math isn't a strength of your's. And how many PF announcements have we received since 2005? Unless my math is off, that equal's one statue per year.

wetayourself said:
I want quailty and that takes time.

Yes, that is the official SS corporate bulls@#t line they have been feeding those dumb enough to believe it. What SS isn't telling you [for fear of alienating LOTR collectors even further] is LOTR is no longer a front line money-generating licence, and they simply aren't going to invest as much time and energy when they can generate so much more revenue with Star Wars and Marvel.

Are you telling me that a multi-million dollar company like SS with all the resources it has to draw upon, can't put out a single PF figure in less than an 18 month period? :confused: That would make them utterly incompetent, and SS may be alot of things but incompetent isn't one of them.

woodsy said:
OK, maybe math isn't a strength of your's. And how many PF announcements have we received since 2005? Unless my math is off, that equal's one statue per year.

Yes, that is the official SS corporate bulls@#t line they have been feeding those dumb enough to believe it. What SS isn't telling you [for fear of alienating LOTR collectors even further] is LOTR is no longer a front line money-generating licence, and they simply aren't going to invest as much time and energy when they can generate so much more revenue with Star Wars and Marvel.

Are you telling me that a multi-million dollar company like SS with all the resources it has to draw upon, can't put out a single PF figure in less than an 18 month period? :confused: That would make them utterly incompetent, and SS may be alot of things but incompetent isn't one of them.

true, and they couldnt put this one on the SW fans....imagine no SW PF FOR 15 MONTHS....they would be in deep ****.

Shai Hulud said:
true, and they couldnt put this one on the SW fans....imagine no SW PF FOR 15 MONTHS....they would be in deep ****.

True. 100% true.

SW fans would cry so loud Georgey boy Lucas would p!ss his pants!

In my view there have been two MAJOR events in Sideshow's life that have affected how the company operates. The first was the relationship with Sideshow Weta and the second is the relationship with Luca$ via $tar War$. We had a good run with Weta and LotR and although I'm not at all happy with it I accept that $tar War$ is King right now and I just have to deal with that. Fortunately Gentle Giant has picked up LotR with their bust line which is a fairly inexpensive way for me to keep LotR collecting alive and I've conceded that this is the way I have to go until my true love LotR PF is given some attention.

Re: You should be hashamed SS!!!

LOTR is no longer a front line money-generating licence

Hmmmm, so if a great theoden in full armour, aragorn as strider, high elven warrior ect, ect, ect........
Ya think quality PF statues like these would not generate money as quickly as some star wars PF?:rotfl

LOTR has been around for a long time and has pleased generations, the films HAVE gone down in history and are a benchmark for the future.

wetayourself said:
Hmmmm, so if a great theoden in full armour, aragorn as strider, high elven warrior ect, ect, ect........
Ya think quality PF statues like these would not generate money as quickly as some star wars PF?:rotfl

LOTR has been around for a long time and has pleased generations, the films HAVE gone down in history and are a benchmark for the future.

You mean like the Lurtz and Frodo PF's that have been available for well over a year and are yet to sell out? Exactly how many Star Wars PF's have taken over a year to sell sell out? Hint: Looks like the letter O.
Maybe you haven't been keeping score lately or you are simply in denial, but LOTR isn't exactly setting the world on fire anymore, and it hasn't for a long time. The movies are over, the speculators have moved on, and what is left is a small, but loyal fanbase. Don't take my word on this, just click on to the SS website under LOTR and look at the numbers for yourself. Maybe you're not a math whiz but I'm sure you can figure the numbers out on your own.

SS knows this, and they have for a long time. But of course, they're not going to tell us that. Instead, they keep feeding us bulls@#t sandwiches, and until we as LOTR collectors stop asking for seconds, they will continue feeding them to us. :rolleyes:

wetayourself said:
got a word for you. Sounds like bong.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=7118
Whats This? how many years has this being on sale:monkey5

Read more books, hint:tolkien.
There WILL BE MORE MOVIES

Since I don't live in Europe, for all intend and purpose it is sold out. Nothing to say about Lurtz and Frodo? :rotfl Nothing to say about the lack of LOTR item's over the last two years, not to mention the lack of sellouts?? :rotfl

I know it's hard for some people to get over the fact the LOTR craze is over, but there is help out there for you...professional help is just a call away, so put down that Tolkien book and reach for the Yellow Pages :D

Back