You should be ashamed SS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bullseye said:
Was this posted by a SS staff or heresay? Post a link as i cannot recall this being posted. I do recall the possibility of one being previewed at toyfair but that has been and gone with no preview.

The Sideshow staff specifically mentioned at ORC that the next PF announcement won't come until SDCC. With the next figure making its debut later this year. I was there and heard it directly from the horse's mouth. Now that's not to say that they will make adjustments to that news, but that was what they told fans at ORC. Take it for what's it worth.

choopie said:
The Sideshow staff specifically mentioned at ORC that the next PF announcement won't come until SDCC. With the next figure making its debut later this year. I was there and heard it directly from the horse's mouth. Now that's not to say that they will make adjustments to that news, but that was what they told fans at ORC. Take it for what's it worth.

I never heard that until now. I heard speculation that they would wait, but your post here was the first I'd heard of it being official.

Wow, that's still a few months away isn't it? LOTR no longer being a top priority or not, I just can't understand what will by that time be about 18 months between announcements. It's plain ridiculous and may be the final nail inthe coffin if it's a less than perfect figure.

KitFisto said:
I never heard that until now. I heard speculation that they would wait, but your post here was the first I'd heard of it being official.

Wow, that's still a few months away isn't it? LOTR no longer being a top priority or not, I just can't understand what will by that time be about 18 months between announcements. It's plain ridiculous and may be the final nail inthe coffin if it's a less than perfect figure.

Ideally, I'd like for Dusty to pop in here and tell me that I was wrong or that I misunderstood. :D

I completely understand and share many of the frustrations of my fellow collectors, but we are still seeing at least some LOTR products --- just not what many of us would prefer. It was only a few months ago that we were given a brand new line, the dioramas; and a new piece in the Legendary series.

I haven't ordered, nor do I plan on getting either of the former, but at least the waters have moved some. I am pretty much settled that we won't indeed see anything until SDCC, I have had to make my peace with that. It is rather telling though that a reasonably priced diorama comes in with only a 1500 ES; for what it's worth, I think SS relies on these types of figures more than forum volume/ranting.

If the next PF is what I have heard - and is being done by whom it was that I was told - we are in for a goodie. That's the only consolation I have at this point.

choopie said:

Thanks for the info. So announced at SDCC released around Christmas and one announced near Christmas and released next summer. Still far far too slow. There should be minimum of 2 shipping per year and I would prefer 3 per year.

Back when we were pestering Dusty about the lack of a PF announcement during Toy Fair, she said two were in the works and would be announced shortly. And then someone asked if she meant SDCC, and she indicated it could be sooner.

So I'm disappointed that this has now been pushed towards SDCC again.

At this moment, I don't even see what could happen to rekindle these lines. :(

I don't know if I should be sharing this or not but in one of our public chats, Dusty said that there are at least 2 in production (I think there are even more). She said 2 are close to being shown and put up for order(this is the same chat that she said one of these was a female character). Now this was in February. Are you telling me it takes 5 months to get them from close (I think she said one was at New Line for approval) to done? There is no way that is the case. Either this wasn't true or they hit another snag. I just don't understand why they can't be a little more forthcoming with info. Just say 'Hey we were planning on showing off the new PF at ORC this year but ran into some issues with _______ . It will be delayed a few more months, but don't worry because it will be worth the wait.'

Darth Loki said:
I don't know if I should be sharing this or not but in one of our public chats, Dusty said that there are at least 2 in production (I think there are even more).

From what I understand from the team at ORC, they are currently working on 3 pieces.

choopie said:
From what I understand from the team at ORC, they are currently working on 3 pieces.

That's what I thought, but two of them are supposedly real close to being done. If that's the case, why can't SS start giving us little hints or something to help with the frustration of the past 15 months?

I dont collect the LOTR PF (would like them, but Im not rich enough yet), but I have a feeling that the next PF to be announced will really knock the hair off of everyone's feet. :monkey5

tomandshell said:
Yes! But at least in her case, they gave us an official update and told us that they ran into a few snags and were going back to the drawing board.
Which basically just means "We can't figure out how to make it NOT look like crap on the Buck body".

What the true reason is for not having a new LOTR PF by now I have no idea. They could EASILY have made both Gandalf and Saruman by now. :monkey2 :monkey2

Darth Loki said:
That's what I thought, but two of them are supposedly real close to being done. If that's the case, why can't SS start giving us little hints or something to help with the frustration of the past 15 months?

I hear you. They are obviously running into production issues. I see that as the only explanation for such a delay. And the fact that they are now working on a 3rd PF figure is only complicating the matter.

Honestly, I think the issues surrounding the Elvis PF figure are playing into this situation. Sideshow rushed the job on that to get it to TF in time and received loads of backlash from fans not happy with. They are now making some changes to it. They probably feel that they'd rather take their time and release something they are happy with, than to rush something out for announcement and get negative feedback. Especially with some product critisms as of late on the boards.

Just my take on it....

Thanks to choopie for that news right from the horses mouth. Patience is a virtue and perhaps we should show some. And perhaps we can stop - or at least slow down these weekly exercises in futility which only seem to incite more anger. Now that we have some information lets turn our attention to something other than trying to predict the future and getting indignant when it does not happen to our liking.

gideon said:
Thanks to choopie for that news right from the horses mouth. Patience is a virtue and perhaps we should show some. And perhaps we can stop - or at least slow down these weekly exercises in futility which only seem to incite more anger. Now that we have some information lets turn our attention to something other than trying to predict the future and getting indignant when it does not happen to our liking.

No one's trying to be indignant here. We were patient up to 8 months between announcments. EVERYONE expected a new PF at SDCC last year. We got nothing. Spooktacular comes and goes with no announcement. It creaps up on a year between announcements but that's OK because Toy Fair is coming up and we are all certain the next announcement will be made. Nothing. Now we are told second hand that it's going to be this SDCC. Another 4 months!!!! Are you f***ing kidding me? That makes it 17 months between announcements. And that is why SS should be ashamed.

I agree based on the info I know the patience will pay off. Waiting sucks but I believe it will be worth it anyways. These costumes are some of the most difficult they've done and they know us LOTR fans want the absolute best we can get. SS will do that I have no doubts.

I'm just hoping that the delay means that the next order will be on an in-stock PF -- like the Universal SSE Monsters.

Who's with me!? :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

jlcmsu said:
I agree based on the info I know the patience will pay off. Waiting sucks but I believe it will be worth it anyways. These costumes are some of the most difficult they've done and they know us LOTR fans want the absolute best we can get. SS will do that I have no doubts.

Based on what I've heard, I have no idea how this peson's costume is difficult. It should be one of the easiest costumes in the whole line. And you know who I'm talking about Josh.

Back