Yoda Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I'll take the lower shipping cost of a "hollow" statue than a heavy statue that does nothing for the characteristics of the piece other than being heavy.

When paying that much does saving another $20 on shipping matter? LOL. I am not saying saying weight means better, but feeling like I'm paying so much for "cut corners" to increase profit doesn't thrill me either. I don't mind hollow, but I don't like feeling like my thumb will go through an egg shell either for $700. I've been a SS collector and defender since 2004 and paper thin isn't how it used to be. It's done to save money, but prices have pretty much quadrupled.

I’ve never really cared what my statues weighed, as I spend my time looking at them, not holding them.

But that’s changed a little now that I have an Obi-wan Mythos statue (QUITE heavy, for the weight conscious here) which seems to be developing a crack in its leg, thanks partly to shoddy manufacturing by Sideshow (hole for the foot peg too small), and partly, I’m sure, due to the huge heavy cloak putting strain on the leg.

So at this point, anything that looks good and won’t fall apart in a few years is good as far as I’m concerned.

Weight on statues - unfortunately most of these collectibles aren't made of solid polystone/resin neither bronze, most are hollow resin/polystone. I wish these companies would keep/increase the overall quality instead of adding a bag of sand or extra parts inside a state or its base to be heavier:

statues Sideshow with debris in bases.jpg

Weight on statues - unfortunately most of these collectibles aren't made of solid polystone/resin neither bronze, most are hollow resin/polystone. I wish these companies would keep/increase the overall quality instead of adding a bag of sand or extra parts inside a state or its base to be heavier:

View attachment 439522

That's the image I was talking about. Thanks JKNO!

We’ve all seen those images, but I wonder how wide spread it is that they include foreign objects into a piece to increase its weight etc.

As I recently had to smash up the Wolverine statue, and that thing was completely solid! Of what I broke I didn’t find a single hollow part.

And paying absurd prices for heavy crap is any better? Do you think the cost of resin is exorbitantly expensive?

Can you explain how something hollow is lesser quality than something that's heavy? My interpretation of quality(in statue form) is the quality of the casting, engineering and paint. For something that needs to be DISPLAYED, I'd take the hollow well painted statue over a solid piece of junk anyway.

Statue companies are aware of this. Have you seen the image of the mostly hollow base of the Joker PF filled with bits and pieces of other statues purely for the sake of weight?

Don't tell me it has anything to do with quality. It has everything to do with justifying your purchase.

The funny thing I am not arguing for side show their stuff is crap. I don't bye a solid crappy piece. However, if I had to chose I would take the weight over the hallow ass plastic piece. This is why side show succeeds by cutting corners and cost. Who buy a great plastic hallow piece for 7 bills? That is insane So, your arguing that a hallow piece holds its value? My argument is that I don't buy **** statues whether it is solid **** or hallow ****. But hallow **** is by far worse. But to justify buying a piece that is plastic and hallow is okay is just insane. Where is the value in plastic? All my statues I own are all solid and are all great pieces. Like I was saying earlier I buy solid great pieces that don't look off or bad paint job. If the piece is solid and looks off I don't buy it. If the statue is hallow and amazing I don't buy it why spend so much on something that you know is hallow. When I say hallow the head and body. I don't mind if parts are hallow. But for 7 bills none should be. Why because first good luck selling it. Second, It doesn't come off as a statue. I don't buy statues to sell unless I run out of room and like something better. But I just can not justify spending an absurd amount on crap. In the end it is your money dude you want to support ss and their ****** hallow statue that is on you. But don't expect things to get better if pple accept this crap. Its like having a straight up action figure. Call it an action figure rather than a statue or collectable limited edition.

For one thing Idk what you buy bud and you don't know what I buy so it is what it is. However, I don't have one Hallow piece or one piece that is solid that looks like ****. I just can't justify the price with it, but if you do than cool. So, I think we got this resolved. You have your views I have mine Peace brotha!

The funny thing I am not arguing for side show their stuff is crap. I don't bye a solid crappy piece. However, if I had to chose I would take the weight over the hallow ass plastic piece. This is why side show succeeds by cutting corners and cost. Who buy a great plastic hallow piece for 7 bills? That is insane So, your arguing that a hallow piece holds its value? My argument is that I don't buy **** statues whether it is solid **** or hallow ****. But hallow **** is by far worse. But to justify buying a piece that is plastic and hallow is okay is just insane. Where is the value in plastic? All my statues I own are all solid and are all great pieces. Like I was saying earlier I buy solid great pieces that don't look off or bad paint job. If the piece is solid and looks off I don't buy it. If the statue is hallow and amazing I don't buy it why spend so much on something that you know is hallow. When I say hallow the head and body. I don't mind if parts are hallow. But for 7 bills none should be. Why because first good luck selling it. Second, It doesn't come off as a statue. I don't buy statues to sell unless I run out of room and like something better. But I just can not justify spending an absurd amount on crap. In the end it is your money dude you want to support ss and their ****** hallow statue that is on you. But don't expect things to get better if pple accept this crap. Its like having a straight up action figure. Call it an action figure rather than a statue or collectable limited edition.

For one thing Idk what you buy bud and you don't know what I buy. I don't have one Hallow piece or one piece that is solid that looks like ****. So, I think we got this resolved! You have your views I have mine Peace brotha!

Just an observation, but every time I see a post from you it’s highly negative and usually attacking someone over their opinions.

Just an observation, but every time I see a post from you it’s highly negative and usually attacking someone over their opinions.

What are you talking about? First, why are you trying to start something? Look up what it means to attack someone. We are just having different opinions, where did I attack anyone ever? I don't even know you dude, or even have said any thing to you. No where in here is attacking anyone, do you know what attacking some one is? Bashing them and his or her character. We are having a difference of opinion. So why are you here trying to stir the pot? I don't like side show lately that I will always say. But if they put out a great statue, I would gladly say. But in no where do I attack pple. Show me a post! It may be negative to you cuz I don't agree about hallow statues, but to others would agree. Just because I have a different view that him doesn't make me negative that is how you perceive it? But I have never named called or personally attacked someone. This is a forum. I talk about what I like they talk about what they like. Show me where I attacked someone? But for you to say this about me is you attacking me in way buddy and my character. think about it. If attacking is having an opinion on a statue then oh I am guilty. But again, I don't know anyone on here, so I would never say anything negative about any member on here. I think I remember you on the star wars movie The Last Jedi, I hated the movie so did many others. So, what your saying I should always say oh this looks great cuz it is hallow and plastic and I should like it? I earned my right for free speech bud I will gladly use it.

By the way I am very positive on here. However, I can be very negative on statues or movies that I will take credit for any time. Because when I spend a lot of money on something as collectors we should get what we want. However, when I find something that is looks great. I say good things on statues that have good things to say about them. I am not going be like oh this statue looks great when certain companies charge what they do and cut corners. You like it great. You do know this is a forum right? and that is what pple do on forums. I loved iron studios Vader. I have talked highly on all my old side show statues. Now if side show puts out a great piece for a great price that I own, I would gladly say some thing positive. However, I don't comment on things I don't buy. Or don't watch. Anyways, I have never disrespected anyone on here. Now I will do what I almost always do after my post say peace brother. So, you must have missed that whole last sentence on the previous comment. Now lets cut the bs and drama, peace!

15 pounds isn’t exactly a feather. Even at 1/2 scale Yoda is pretty small. He’s basically the size of a typical 1/4 scale piece. The latest Wolverine Premium Format is listed as 12 pounds and that piece feels solid as hell. As far as I’m concerned this statue looks really good. How it feels remains to be seen.

15 pounds isn’t exactly a feather. Even at 1/2 scale Yoda is pretty small. He’s basically the size of a typical 1/4 scale piece. The latest Wolverine Premium Format is listed as 12 pounds and that piece feels solid as hell. As far as I’m concerned this statue looks really good. How it feels remains to be seen.

Most of the weight is probably in the base. But as long as Yoda has a bit of heft, and doesn’t feel like a vinyl toy like some have said regarding Swamp Thing I’ll be more or less happy.

And as I mentioned on the last page, when I smashed up Wolverine for a full replacement the body and base appeared completely solid, or rather I didn’t come across anything hollow.

Most of the weight is probably in the base. But as long as Yoda has a bit of heft, and doesn’t feel like a vinyl toy like some have said regarding Swamp Thing I’ll be more or less happy.

And as I mentioned on the last page, when I smashed up Wolverine for a full replacement the body and base appeared completely solid, or rather I didn’t come across anything hollow.

I did read that after I posted. Isn’t that the worst? It pains me to smash a statue.

Count me as one who was not impressed by R2-D2 but I don’t think this will be that.

It’s a good thing bases are heavy! We’d all be pretty sad if our statues were toppling over all the time.

The flip side of the weight debate is XM Studios and their cold cast porcelain. Some of those suckers are too heavy!

Ok, please post pics when this statue arrives, then.

Who else is buying? I’m interested, but I think I’ll wait for in-hand impressions first.

No I am waiting as well! I have the life sized Yoda that is customized, but I wanted a smaller one. Will see I pull the trigger, but I am waiting! Especially when the life size side show one was hollow, I have a custom life size. Anyways, I know for a fact this is Hollow, those that don't mind have at it! But if it is I won't be getting it!

I have it preordered locally, which means it’s likely I might not receive it until two months after it releases in the US.

But because there is no Exclusive, there’s a chance I could get it earlier than I would normally expect. Fingers crossed.

I did read that after I posted. Isn’t that the worst? It pains me to smash a statue.

Count me as one who was not impressed by R2-D2 but I don’t think this will be that.

It’s a good thing bases are heavy! We’d all be pretty sad if our statues were toppling over all the time.

The flip side of the weight debate is XM Studios and their cold cast porcelain. Some of those suckers are too heavy!

I have the R2-D2 and the BB-8. Nothing will ever be as light as those two pieces.........hopefully.

Back