Yoda Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks great.

8c2be6e005ab0fbf9f7c0bf5ec2fb0c3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

its nice... head looks very nice!! base as well.. Just not sure about the color they picked for his inner robe.. looks very orange to me

It's probably just that the set of Dagobah was dark and shadowy, but his eyes on this piece just look too light brown. The puppet eyes might look like this IRL I'm not sure, but in my mind I remember them being much darker.

Very nice! Might have to close up that outer cloak a bit more, but looks very much like the proto!

Looks good! Seems to have turned out closely to the prototype minus some of the weathering on the clothes. I’d imagine it’s just the lighting giving the brown that oranger look. Excited to get him in hand!

Also looks to be on time. I thought for sure there’d be a couple delays.

Looks great.
Yoda being small means he won't take up too much space either.

I agree. I didn't like the life size and it's a touch too big for my display. At 18", the LSF is PF height which works perfectly.

I'll wait for inhand pics but I am interested..couldn't remember the last time I said that for a SS piece.

I'm liking this though as a few have said the clothes look like they could be weathered a bit more but glad I have preordered this.

He looks very light the way the guy holds his body with 1 hand, I hope it doesn’t....become...r2d2. Waiting for inhand before deciding, with lsf this will be around for years, no rush.

He looks very light the way the guy holds his body with 1 hand, I hope it doesn’t....become...r2d2. Waiting for inhand before deciding, with lsf this will be around for years, no rush.

Why is weight a factor? I don't get why collectors get hung up on that. If it's well built and looks great, that's all that matters.

Why is weight a factor? I don't get why collectors get hung up on that. If it's well built and looks great, that's all that matters.

Because when most of us think of a ‘statue’ we automatically think of something with a bit of heft. It’s more of a personal preference. And we don’t want something to be as light as a feather, because again it’ll remind us of a child’s plastic toy etc. So psychological reasons more than anything else.

It's not a factor once it's displayed but when you take it out of the box, a heavy piece feels like a quality piece.
For example, when you take out a 1/3 scale Prime 1 statue out of the box, you get blown away from the sheer size and weight of the item.
Automatically you get this feeling that it is "epic" :rotfl

Because when most of us think of a ‘statue’ we automatically think of something with a bit of heft. It’s more of a personal preference. And we don’t want something to be as light as a feather, because again it’ll remind us of a child’s plastic toy etc. So psychological reasons more than anything else.

So basically, you need to justify that your purchase isn't a toy? :) All of my friends call my statues toys whenever they see them. They don't discriminate about how heavy they are.

So basically, you need to justify that your purchase isn't a toy? :) All of my friends call my statues toys whenever they see them. They don't discriminate about how heavy they are.

For the price you do want to feel like you're buying a statue and not the latest Hasbro figure.

Seriously? So, paying absurd prices for plastic hallow crap is okay? You don't ask us why weight is a factor and I won't ask you why it isn't. I mean seriously. It's one thing paying for a quality item and weight means it was made with a bit of quality. Plastic is plastic and hallow! I don't get why pple think that is okay!

Seriously? So, paying absurd prices for plastic hallow crap is okay? You don't ask us why weight is a factor and I won't ask you why it isn't. I mean seriously. It's one thing paying for a quality item and weight means it was made with a bit of quality. Plastic is plastic and hallow! I don't get why pple think that is okay!

And paying absurd prices for heavy crap is any better? Do you think the cost of resin is exorbitantly expensive?

Can you explain how something hollow is lesser quality than something that's heavy? My interpretation of quality(in statue form) is the quality of the casting, engineering and paint. For something that needs to be DISPLAYED, I'd take the hollow well painted statue over a solid piece of junk anyway.

Statue companies are aware of this. Have you seen the image of the mostly hollow base of the Joker PF filled with bits and pieces of other statues purely for the sake of weight?

Don't tell me it has anything to do with quality. It has everything to do with justifying your purchase.

It doesn't need to be "heavy" IMO, but it should not feel like a $700 empty coke can either.

It doesn't need to be "heavy" IMO, but it should not feel like a $700 empty coke can either.

Personally, I'll take the lower shipping cost of a "hollow" statue than a heavy statue that does nothing for the characteristics of the piece other than being heavy.

Back