Yoda Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sideshow does read the forums, before the price was released everyone was complaining about the lsf ripoff prices, they realized if they priced this like the droids at 1-2k people will just have a revolt and give up. So they give us the 700. For all of you saying this is cheap, and in pf category price wise, realize this is a smaller piece than most pf and also simpler than most pf - it has nothing special construction wise like glass eyes or very detailed base.

So they just priced like an expensive pf (ie deadpool) but for an average pf complexity wise. So you are not getting a deal...just regular price. LSF marketing means nothing, we all know it doesn't translate to extra quality or craftsmanship, just size. So not sure why everyone thinks LSF at 700 automatically means a good deal.
Good to see someone here with some sense.

Yoda at life-size comes in at about 2'2".
This half-scale LSF would put Yoda at about the same size as a 1/6th figure. Why is everyone comparing his size to a PF?

It's a roughly 12" Yoda (in the sitting position! which makes his overall height for this piece even less) propped onto a very tall base, bringing the overall height to 18".

$700 for this?

Most of us paid less for the IS Vader and got so much more product for it.

I will add that I do like the sculpt very much and the concept as well.
Regarding the paint, I always say with Sideshow..... wait until you see in-hand pics before purchasing.

Looked great on Sideshow Live. Proportionately, it’s a large piece.

First, that is a prototype! Second, I bet the head will be hollow! Third right wait for in hand photos with anything side show before purchasing! I have no faith in side show statues these days, so just because the prototype looks good means absolutely nothing to me. I have to see this in person. The life size head was hollow so it leads me to believe this will be the same!

sideshow does read the forums, before the price was released everyone was complaining about the lsf ripoff prices, they realized if they priced this like the droids at 1-2k people will just have a revolt and give up. So they give us the 700. For all of you saying this is cheap, and in pf category price wise, realize this is a smaller piece than most pf and also simpler than most pf - it has nothing special construction wise like glass eyes or very detailed base.

So they just priced like an expensive pf (ie deadpool) but for an average pf complexity wise. So you are not getting a deal...just regular price. LSF marketing means nothing, we all know it doesn't translate to extra quality or craftsmanship, just size. So not sure why everyone thinks LSF at 700 automatically means a good deal.

:goodpost::exactly: Lots of logic in this post. I love it.

First, that is a prototype! Second, I bet the head will be hollow! Third right wait for in hand photos with anything side show before purchasing! I have no faith in side show statues these days, so just because the prototype looks good means absolutely nothing to me. I have to see this in person. The life size head was hollow so it leads me to believe this will be the same!

I can almost guarantee that this will be hallow

This is not a glorified PF. The PF size would be significantly smaller.

I actually enjoy the sculpt on this far more than other statues that have come out and is a closest representation to the real deal than I have seen from SS.

This is not a glorified PF. The PF size would be significantly smaller.

I actually enjoy the sculpt on this far more than other statues that have come out and is a closest representation to the real deal than I have seen from SS.

I really like it too. I would still like to see the Iron Studios 1/4 but I wasn't impressed with the concept art, and this is a much better representation over the life size from SS. This could be the best Yoda for the foreseeable future. I just hope there isn't a catch, like all plastic and vinyl as the Wolf Predator bust.

SS did a good job on him and the price point is decent too.

I can almost guarantee that this will be hallow

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=9664782

Hey myc its me matt from hb. Just letting you know its me. Lol hope your well. I agree I bet it will be hollow that is why I love your stuff always get good quality from you!
I have myc's Yoda, and it is beyond awesome. But I'm getting this one too. It may indeed be hollow, but it looks great! I'm not dropping $2500 on that life-size one though...

I just hope there isn't a catch, like all plastic and vinyl as the Wolf Predator bust.

Well, the product specs say that it weighs 15lbs (i.e. nearly twice the weight of the LS Wolf Predator Bust), so there's got to be some substance to it. Based on that weight, I'm guessing there's quite a bit of polystone in this piece...

Back