Yoda Bust is Coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweet pics Darth Loki!! i need to take mine out for pics like that. unfortunately it was late when i took this.

Tea with Yoda!

IMG_5662.jpg

Darth Loki said:
And I should say that this thing is awesome. The eyes look much better than the new pics on SS's site but not nearly as good as the eyes of the prototype piece. They are the only thing that I could complain about.

The first place I inspected closely was the eyes, because it was all I was worried over. Indeed, I am a bit underwhelmed with them. I would love the eyes as shown in the box photo. A more grey (or darker green) coloration, more visible striation in the iris, and more gloss would have been an improvement IMO.

But, with that as my one complaint, the rest of the sculpture is absolutely brilliant. A second inspection, when I was less focused on the eye issue, and absorbing the piece as a whole was more pleasing. The costuming is perfect, and the soft skin overlay is very well implemented.

Mine just arrived, Big Box. Can't wait to unpack him.

Pictures of mine can be found here. Wasn't sure of the rules with posting pictures since these had watermarks on them. I love this Bust and I't like my collection room mascot now :rotfl

Just got Yoda!!!:chew Man, he looks amazing, very detailed... And he's already my favorite piece in my collection:D... I got #265.

Darth Loki said:
Not likely to find a better price than this

https://store.darkshadowcollectibles.com/000577.html

Yup, that's where I got mine. Awesome bust. This is now officially the greatest Star Wars collectible I own. I agree, the eyes could have been better, they are just a little dull, but everything else is perfect. Even my wife, who usually shoots down whatever comes in the latest box can be quoted as saying, "OK, now that's cool." Without further adieau...

P6133321.jpg

P6133345.jpg

P6133351.jpg

P6133363.jpg

P6133362.jpg

P6133346.jpg

El Roranous said:
AWESOME!!!!!!!! Got mine too and I could not be happier...well, another arm with a cane would have been cool. :)

Yeah, I'll agree with you there. I actually tried to get him to hold the MR lightsaber for kicks even though it's from Episode III.

Darth Rage said:
Yeah, I'll agree with you there. I actually tried to get him to hold the MR lightsaber for kicks even though it's from Episode III.
:lol
Seriously though, Yoda would have been perfect to me if he had been given a cane instead of a stump. :lol

Nice looking display Loki...I have to put my Maul bust getting plans on hold though as this is going to be a very, very tight month with so many things coming. :monkey2

El Roranous said:
:lol
Seriously though, Yoda would have been perfect to me if he had been given a cane instead of a stump. :lol

Nice looking display Loki...I have to put my Maul bust getting plans on hold though as this is going to be a very, very tight month with so many things coming. :monkey2

I don't mind the missing cane. You still feel like the cane is there even though you can't see it.

And I feel your pain about the coming month. I just got last month's CC bill :monkey4

Darth Loki said:
I don't mind the missing cane. You still feel like the cane is there even though you can't see it.

And I feel your pain about the coming month. I just got last month's CC bill :monkey4
American express is going to love me this month. :lol

I still feel like the cane is there also so I think SS did well with Yoda. I have no regrets.

IMG_0821.jpg

Great display / case, but I would be soooo scared of that glass giving out under Maul and/or Yoda and the results of that :(

MaulFan said:
Great display / case, but I would be soooo scared of that glass giving out under Maul and/or Yoda and the results of that :(

Don't worry, it can hold a lot of weight and Yoda is pretty light. Not to mention they're spaced out nicely and if anything did happen, it's all insured :D

Very nice pics Darth Loki!! I can't until mine comes in a few days!!!

Nitro said:
Very nice pics Darth Loki!! I can't until mine comes in a few days!!!

Thanks, I love how the case looks now that it's nearly full. I figure I can get one or two more PF's in there and then I'm screwed :D

Have no idea what the hell I'm gonna do when the Speeder Bike ships :monkey3

Darth Loki said:
Thanks, I love how the case looks now that it's nearly full. I figure I can get one or two more PF's in there and then I'm screwed :D

Have no idea what the hell I'm gonna do when the Speeder Bike ships :monkey3

I have a similar dilemma. I have no idea where I'm going to put this Yoda bust when it comes in. I've got 4 Detolf cases with 2 of the bottom portions just about empty.

Problem is that I want the bust to stand out because I'm considering this as the centerpiece in my collection. I'll probably wind up putting the bust on my wood DVD cabinet and I'll move the Jaws maquette to the top of the Detolfs...I feel for you with the PF Speeder Bike though. That piece is gonna be huge...

Back