Yoda and Clone Trooper Premium Format Figure--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
COuld it possibly being an effect from the camera that it only looks like its not lighting up? One reason I don't light the sabers on my PF's is because the light doesn't do a good job traveling through the saber. The point where it meets the hilt lights well, as does the tip, the middle...not so much. I'm wondering if that's the problem here.

It really doesn't matter to me. I check out the light up features when I first receive the item and then never turn them on again anyway.

I will contemplate drilling the chest out to make this light up fully depending on how it is constructed ofcourse.

I dun think that will be possible as i think the blade itself will not be one piece. :monkey2

Yeah, without seeing it I'm expecting the lightsabre to be two parts that insert into the front and back of the trooper. Which is good because if a hole gets drilled from the front and the back the light should travel thru the torso and into the lightsabre coming out of the troopers back.
I hope. :D

Yeah, without seeing it I'm expecting the lightsabre to be two parts that insert into the front and back of the trooper. Which is good because if a hole gets drilled from the front and the back the light should travel thru the torso and into the lightsabre coming out of the troopers back.
I hope. :D

that is an idea. :D

But i have the bad vibes that the blade coming out of the trooper is likely glued in and may not be removable :monkey2

That is always possible too i really hope you aren't right cos it will f my plans up a bit...
It is still ridiculous that this hasn't been fixed at the production level though, it can't have been too hard to have a hollow section thru the middle of the trooper expecially considering some of the complicated pieces that have light up functions and how they are designed.
This is a $350 dollar PF afterall :rolleyes:

i think the main reason why they avoided that is to prevent breakage. The Anakin PF had to have its leg reinforced where it had wires to prevent breakage when shipping.

Think a hollow Clone body might have the same issue. :(

My guess is that if the lightsaber doesn't light up after emerging from the trooper's body there is a reason for it and drilling a hole to fix it would be a bad idea. Unless it is just a shipping issue. But personally I just can't see Sideshow making this and only having half light up.

The other half does light up, but just not that bright because the light is coming from the hilt.

I had been expecting the light to be inside the clonetrooper so it would light up both halves, I'm not sure why they didn't do it that way since it would have actually been easier to design like that.

It really doesn't matter to me. I check out the light up features when I first receive the item and then never turn them on again anyway.

I am the same way to an extent. I tent to enjoy lighting them all up from time to time. to work the battery, but I do it all the time when people come over. It's just cool.

The other half does light up, but just not that bright because the light is coming from the hilt.

I had been expecting the light to be inside the clonetrooper so it would light up both halves, I'm not sure why they didn't do it that way since it would have actually been easier to design like that.

I almost expected two lightsaber sections with leads. One for the top, one for the bottom. That way they would both light up. Two female ends.. one set of wires down to the base.

I am hoping it's in the works to make it work cause like this, it looks stupid. Especially at a $350 price point.

That is also the crux and principle of the matter to me. For $350 it should light up and light up properly. Period. And if you can't figure out a way to engineer it, then do away with the light-up feature entirely and drop the price $50 or so.

I'm likely cancelling. I don't have mine lit all the time, either. But it'll bug me knowing I paid $350 + shipping for something that ships straight from the factory looking defective.

That is also the crux and principle of the matter to me. For $350 it should light up and light up properly. Period. And if you can't figure out a way to engineer it, then do away with the light-up feature entirely and drop the price $50 or so.

I'm likely cancelling. I don't have mine lit all the time, either. But it'll bug me knowing I paid $350 + shipping for something that ships straight from the factory looking defective.

It definitely looks like the whole blade lights up in the Calendar.

Back