Yavin Luke image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers! You just saved me another hour of frustrated plier holidng, and probably some of the skin on my fingers as well!

galactiboy said:
I'd definitely suggest warming them with water or a hair dryer when making exchanges!

Maybe I'm still in denial, but these shots from Michael Crawford's review show the likeness in quite a positive light. Whaddy'all reckon??

reviewyavinluke6fb6.jpg
reviewyavinlukelargebs9.jpg

Does anyone need one of these by any chance? I'm willing to unload mine for cost, plus shipping.

I really don't intend on collecting multiple versions of characters, and Jedi Luke is pretty much the only Luke I want (unless they come with an iconic ANH Farmboy Luke that is knocked out of the park).

I got caught up in C4 Exclusive Fever™ and don't really need/want this particular figure, so if it can go to the home of a SS Freak who will appreciate it then it's win-win.

LMK.

I'm still not convinced about this headsculpt. It's almost like the sculptor's goal was to NOT repeat the eyes of the first one. It's the eyes that are off, to me.

Oh, and he looks like he's wearing galoshes in that second pic. Boots are huge on him.

IrishJedi said:
Myatt knows how to shoot toy pics. Wow!
I still think for some reason on this one the hand painted issue is a big factor, I have a feeling that the variations between each figure are greater them normal.

Perhaps, but I've also noticed that the better the photography, the better it looks. Must be a tricky one to capture.

The figure obviously still has its flaws, as critics haven't changed their tune after seeing it in hand. But it's sure looking more like young Luke with these better-quality images.

Last edited:
Update on my DA repaint:
DSCN2645.jpg

Man, I can't believe how good it looks already! You can really see what the production paint did to the fine details, the lips, the mole, everything. If you don't see Luke the second you see it your crazy! Oh man, I can't wait to see it finished.

Josh, you are the man! :rock :rock :rock

Darthrazz said:
I have to agree...I would love to see a unpainted sculpt. Sideshow never posted any pics did they?
hehe. I was just teasing nash. I'm sure he meant that he sees more Hicks in the sculpt on the left than he sees Luke in the sculpt on the right.

Anyways, I haven't seen an unpainted Luke sculpt from SSC yet. I do, however, have mine being painted by Les. I can't wait to see what he does with it.

Cocoboloboy said:
hehe. I was just teasing nash. I'm sure he meant that he sees more Hicks in the sculpt on the left than he sees Luke in the sculpt on the right.

Anyways, I haven't seen an unpainted Luke sculpt from SSC yet. I do, however, have mine being painted by Les. I can't wait to see what he does with it.

Please post pics of that, I'm sure after Les is done with it it'll be killer!

Back