Yamato Toys USA Luis Royo DC Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y001.jpg

Y005.jpg

Y004.jpg

Nice Yamato collection. Ivy is the only one I have, and I preordered her variant. I wish you would get something extra if you order off their website, being I paid close to $30 more as opposed to a retailer with free shipping.

Ivy is a good one, she looks so much better in person then pictures show.... The only one I kind of wish they would of redone her pose is Wonder Woman, I would of preferred if she was standing straight up instead of being bent over. I know when she first came out I kind of liked the pose but now that I've been looking at her in person for awhile I've kind of changed my mind... Plus if she was standing up she would of gone great with the Greek statues, could of called them Amazon's :) Hera looks like her mom and Athena defiantly looks like an Amazon warrior..

I'm glad they're redoing Batgirl, the more I look at her pose the more I really dislike it....

Yes beautiful collection! I have a lot of these as well, but not Catwoman or Harley... Harley is definitely on my wish list!

Here's my 'original' Royo Wonder Woman, which I really didn't like due to it straying too far from the proto, but the statue is beautiful for what it is, and I have warmed up to it now.

ww royo 3.jpg

ww royo 2.jpg

ww royo 1.jpg

ww royo 4.jpg

Awesome pictures.... Yeah I actually have two of those, I bought one but wasn't sure the person was going to ship it so I ordered another one from someone else and then both came in just about the same time I saw the Exclusive version go up... so now I have 3 Wonder Woman lol.... Guess I'll wait for the stores to sell out of her and then put my two extra ones up for sale on Ebay.

Did everyone see the new yamato batgirl that is now on sideshow's site - was in today's email. Looks pretty cool

Did everyone see the new yamato batgirl that is now on sideshow's site - was in today's email. Looks pretty cool

It's really cute and looks to be one of Yamato's best 1:6 head sculpts. But, because Sideshow's price isn't particularly competitive and I already own the similarly posed Ritual, I'll wait for a variant with a (hopefully) more inspired or vibrantly painted costume.

I'm actually not to crazy about that pose, but Yamato posted on facebook that they are going to make changes to her.... I'm guessing they got some negative feedback during SDCC thus the changes... Either way I'm going to wait and see what the Exclusive Version looks like before pulling the trigger...

I'm actually not to crazy about that pose, but Yamato posted on facebook that they are going to make changes to her.... I'm guessing they got some negative feedback during SDCC thus the changes... Either way I'm going to wait and see what the Exclusive Version looks like before pulling the trigger...

Agreed. I like the pose from the waist-up. I think it'd be improved with Barbara kneeling on the gargoyle, similar to the X-23 Bishoujo, and the batarang raised so she's actually throwing it. That would incorporate the base and accessory more into the pose so the piece feels more conceptually organic.

Agreed. I like the pose from the waist-up. I think it'd be improved with Barbara kneeling on the gargoyle, similar to the X-23 Bishoujo, and the batarang raised so she's actually throwing it. That would incorporate the base and accessory more into the pose so the piece feels more conceptually organic.

Yep the base could use work too, I wouldn't mind a classic grey and blue costume but not sure they will drastically change the pose

Yep the base could use work too, I wouldn't mind a classic grey and blue costume but not sure they will drastically change the pose

I also have my doubts. I actually dig the angle Yamato positioned the base, as it looks completely flat from certain angles, much like a drawing (although ironically not like Royo's drawing for this piece :lol)

I follow BBTS on Facebook and I came across pictures of that Batman statue in my News Feed today. Holy cow that thing looks awesome! Does Sideshow sell these statues?

Back