Yamato Toys USA Luis Royo DC Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like they're working on a new Harley....

Yamato%20Harley%202.jpg

Agreed. There has been a lot of choice for Harley lately and I haven't gone after any (been tempted). My older figures have been fine so far. This is one I'd like to watch and possibly give some shelf space to.

I have doubt about the face sculpt. It doesn't look like batman to me.

I know what you mean. I like some parts about it. I like that it's somewhat unique in style but it's almost like his jaw isn't square enough or he needs some more melatonin. The price seems right. I was surprised when I saw how tall it is!

Agreed. There has been a lot of choice for Harley lately and I haven't gone after any (been tempted). My older figures have been fine so far. This is one I'd like to watch and possibly give some shelf space to.

+1. Much more confident than the first effort IMO.

I have lurked on this site here and there for years, but wasn't really buying at that time so didn't join. I just picked up a couple Yamato statues (Batman and EE exclusive Wonder Woman), but used this site for opinions and photos among others. I am personally really happy with these two statues in person. This weekend I bought the Harley Quinn 13" statue by Bruce Timm and I also pre-ordered Sideshow Spiderman Mark Brooks plus Marvel Premier Punisher from Koto.

But I have to say, some of your collections on here are REALLY awesome. I have the funds but not the space as I am a two tier collector (also collect sports GU gear and autos, 12" action figures & some 6" figures) but I just love looking at other collections. That's my intro / novel :)

I have lurked on this site here and there for years, but wasn't really buying at that time so didn't join. I just picked up a couple Yamato statues (Batman and EE exclusive Wonder Woman), but used this site for opinions and photos among others. I am personally really happy with these two statues in person. This weekend I bought the Harley Quinn 13" statue by Bruce Timm and I also pre-ordered Sideshow Spiderman Mark Brooks plus Marvel Premier Punisher from Koto.

But I have to say, some of your collections on here are REALLY awesome. I have the funds but not the space as I am a two tier collector (also collect sports GU gear and autos, 12" action figures & some 6" figures) but I just love looking at other collections. That's my intro / novel :)

Space is my biggest issue also.... I thought I had it all figured out as I was going to build a 800 sq.ft. man cave onto the side of my house but my GF argued that it should be a small apartment (IE: two rooms and a small kitchen & laundry room) for resale purposes so I compromised and had some custom shelves built into the walls.. I use it as a man cave but when we have friends/family over they stay in it.. But I still dream what it would of looked like full of shelves :)

Welcome!

Space is my biggest issue also.... I thought I had it all figured out as I was going to build a 800 sq.ft. man cave onto the side of my house but my GF argued that it should be a small apartment (IE: two rooms and a small kitchen & laundry room) for resale purposes so I compromised and had some custom shelves built into the walls.. I use it as a man cave but when we have friends/family over they stay in it.. But I still dream what it would of looked like full of shelves :)

When I was single I lived in a townhome and had a really huge spare room with a walk in closet, so I had plenty of space for my entire collection. Since then I moved into a house and got Married. My wife gave me a spare room and the hallway, but the rest of the house is hers LOL. So I have sports gear in the hallway, sports gear in the room (displayed in lots of glass curios) and my comics/statues/figures in the closet. So literally you close the closet doors and you never know I am a "closet geek". But I did lots of work in there. Got a nice stained bookshelf, couple plastic bins for my 6" figs and organized it nicely. However I am already at the edge of space. I got room for 2 more statues and a couple more 12" figures. I sale often to add space and get some recycled money for the hobby.

So yes I feel your pain and understand compromise all too well.

So I wanted to throw a question out here for some opinions. I only collect Yamato in 1/6 scale (decided to take my collection in a different direction from my earlier post a couple months ago and mostly go for 1/5 scale statues now). Currently I own the EE Wonder Woman and Batman, both of which I love and personally am very happy with. I have seen a Yamato Batgirl in a personal collection and don't quite get the hate it receives (not just on here, in general) as they adjusted a lot of things I didn't like about it before from the prototypes.

I have the opportunity to purchase one for about $80 less than retail. I want to get it as I like it (especially for that price) but obviously don't need it. It's the only other Yamato DC character I even like right now out there, even though Zatanna looks decent from what I have seen.

Any thoughts? I know you should collect what you like but I also (because we all change what we collect all the time) want to be mindful of value down the road as well.

If you want it then get it but there's no guarantee it'll even hold its value due to it not being very popular. I personally prefer the purple version of this statue (even though the modern purple suit I think is horrible in the comics)

If you want it then get it but there's no guarantee it'll even hold its value due to it not being very popular. I personally prefer the purple version of this statue (even though the modern purple suit I think is horrible in the comics)

Thank you for the input! I guess for me the only silver lining is that it is priced to where I would more than likely get most of my money back if I moved it later. Not my intention mind you, but I just know me too well LOL. What's odd is EE, Sideshow have both sold out of these. For it not being very popular I found that strange to say the least. Could be low stock to start I guess?

Lastly, I'm with you in that I like the purple costume as Batgirl's prefered costume. I loathe the Burnside selfie BS as well. However, in this case I actually really prefer the darker costume over Yamato's purple version.

If you want it and can afford it then go for it! I'd still like to see pics of it and especially the size relative to other 1/6 scale statues if you can!

The problem with Yamato is they flood the market with their statues which then causes the prices to drop by 40%-50% several months after release.... They retail for like $250 when they first come out but if you wait 7-8 months you can usually pick them up for $170 new.... Sometimes as low as $99 new... That's the problem with buying statues that have no Edition Size, they don't hold their value.

I think if you can pickup Batgirl for $80 off, that's not bad... It's a decent statue, my only gripe with it was her pose was so stiff looking...

If you want it and can afford it then go for it! I'd still like to see pics of it and especially the size relative to other 1/6 scale statues if you can!

This is a short video but it shows the comparison between the Batman I own and Batgirl. I think they look great together and I think she looks good.

She was actually the cheapest thing on my list, however the room to display it is becoming tight though. I bought a McQuarrie SS exclusive Vader this week (one of my two grails) and a GG Elite Corps Clone bust from ROTS so needless to say Batgirl went on the backburner for now.

The problem with Yamato is they flood the market with their statues which then causes the prices to drop by 40%-50% several months after release.... They retail for like $250 when they first come out but if you wait 7-8 months you can usually pick them up for $170 new.... Sometimes as low as $99 new... That's the problem with buying statues that have no Edition Size, they don't hold their value.

I think if you can pickup Batgirl for $80 off, that's not bad... It's a decent statue, my only gripe with it was her pose was so stiff looking...

I agree with them in general not retaining value due to lack of edition sizes (though the Batman is sold out on all major sites and goes for over $330 on ebay). I like the two I own (the EE Wonder Woman was only $125 from them shipped so you're right in that instance) and I will inevitably buy Batgirl, but you make a valid point on future value. I am pretty picky about what statues I own due to lack of space so it's why I over think every purchase and miss out many times when they are initially released.

I agree with them in general not retaining value due to lack of edition sizes (though the Batman is sold out on all major sites and goes for over $330 on ebay). I like the two I own (the EE Wonder Woman was only $125 from them shipped so you're right in that instance) and I will inevitably buy Batgirl, but you make a valid point on future value. I am pretty picky about what statues I own due to lack of space so it's why I over think every purchase and miss out many times when they are initially released.

I'm surprised that their Batman is going for that much, I was never a fan of his pose or sculpt of his body, Although I do like their PVC one better where's he's crouched on the Bat Signal.

Bats_1.jpg

I'm surprised that their Batman is going for that much, I was never a fan of his pose or sculpt of his body, Although I do like their PVC one better where's he's crouched on the Bat Signal.

Bats_1.jpg

I personally really like the normal pose more so than this PVC one. I know from previous posts your not a fan of the Batman statue but in person it really shines. I am thrilled I got that statue for $200 when I did, seeing how all the sites are sold out of it and the prices on ebay now.

Back