Yamato Toys USA Luis Royo DC Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally really like the normal pose more so than this PVC one. I know from previous posts your not a fan of the Batman statue but in person it really shines. I am thrilled I got that statue for $200 when I did, seeing how all the sites are sold out of it and the prices on ebay now.

Still think he looks like a bullfighter going "ole!" :)

As for the statue being out of stock, remember these have no Edition Sizes, I'm sure Yamato is mixing up a new batch as we speak... It was the same for the original Harley where she's sitting on the ball, It was sold out for several months and Ebay prices spiked then all of a sudden she's back in stock again...

As for the statue being out of stock, remember these have no Edition Sizes, I'm sure Yamato is mixing up a new batch as we speak... It was the same for the original Harley where she's sitting on the ball, It was sold out for several months and Ebay prices spiked then all of a sudden she's back in stock again...

Yamato displayed a repaint of this statue at SDCC, so yeah, they haven’t finished producing these.

Yamato displayed a repaint of this statue at SDCC, so yeah, they haven’t finished producing these.

One thing I am curious about, and wonder if anyone can answer is once they do a repaint (like they are doing currently with the Batman and Batgirl) do the original batch go out of production? I mean I wonder if that is why the price hikes and sold out originals happen?

For example on BBTS, EE and Sideshow the original Batman is not even viewable anymore to purchase, but the repaint is. I wonder if that is the odd way Yamato "cuts off" a run?

Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but it does seem to be the case.

I know that's how you feel LOL, and I agree with most of your opinions on here but I love it so to each their own. It's one of the few Batman statues I ever actually wanted.

The Harley statue everyone is in love with that you reference I personally hate, and I loved Bruce Timm's Harley as a character. I have yet to find a Harley statue I NEED to own and the way they are saturating the market with her Lord knows there are options.

To totally change the subject for a minute, I love your reviews on the Frank Cho Wonder Woman and the Yamato Batman statues. You are part of the reason I bought the Batman and want to get the Cho piece.

To totally change the subject for a minute, I love your reviews on the Frank Cho Wonder Woman and the Yamato Batman statues. You are part of the reason I bought the Batman and want to get the Cho piece.

Awesome! Always nice to get feedback. I hope I'm not costing you too much $$$. :rotfl

Awesome! Always nice to get feedback. I hope I'm not costing you too much $$$. :rotfl

To be honest, no your not LOL. I wanted these pieces before and I go out and find videos (like yours) to reinforce how they look, opinions, issues and so on.

Honestly these statues are all very reasonably priced. The Star Wars McQuarrie SS Collection on the other hand cost me a small fortune.

One thing I am curious about, and wonder if anyone can answer is once they do a repaint (like they are doing currently with the Batman and Batgirl) do the original batch go out of production? I mean I wonder if that is why the price hikes and sold out originals happen?

For example on BBTS, EE and Sideshow the original Batman is not even viewable anymore to purchase, but the repaint is. I wonder if that is the odd way Yamato "cuts off" a run?

Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but it does seem to be the case.

They did re-release the black outfit Catwoman statue again after it was sold out for awhile and that was long after the purple variant came out... and as I mentioned above they re-released Harley on the bean bag along with her gazillion variants... I think odds are good that they will re-release Batman (black outfit) down the road.... but it's only a guess....

Last edited:
They did re-release the black outfit Catwoman statue again after it was sold out for awhile and that was long after the purple variant came out... and as I mentioned above they re-released Harley on the bean bag along with her gazillion variants... I think odds are good that they will re-release Batman (black outfit) down the road.... but it's only a guess....

Okay, thanks for the info. That kind of sucks that Yamato do that but again I bought these because I liked them so it is what it is.

They do have edition sizes. They are printed on the metal plaque that comes with the statue, not on the actual statue itself.

Attachments

• 93DC9CC7-CAFB-484C-9B66-0AC92A1151D1.jpg
    93DC9CC7-CAFB-484C-9B66-0AC92A1151D1.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 48859EA7-9BA4-43AA-96BE-11BCE3E5D191.jpg
    48859EA7-9BA4-43AA-96BE-11BCE3E5D191.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I don't remember seeing any metal plaques with any of the Yamato statues I have bought.

EDIT: N/M, I just looked at the COA and saw the metal looking tags...

All I can guess is when one of their statues is sold out and then more come in several months later, Yamato just hasn't reached their full edition size yet...

IMO I don't think Yamato has a big enough collector base to justify the 2000-2500 statues they make, that's probably why you see such deep discounts on their statues a year or so after they come out...

Last edited:
I don't remember seeing any metal plaques with any of the Yamato statues I have bought.

EDIT: N/M, I just looked at the COA and saw the metal looking tags...

All I can guess is when one of their statues is sold out and then more come in several months later, Yamato just hasn't reached their full edition size yet...

IMO I don't think Yamato has a big enough collector base to justify the 2000-2500 statues they make, that's probably why you see such deep discounts on their statues a year or so after they come out...

The edition sizes very widely based on the character. The Poision ivy regular was only 500 I believe and her special edition 250 and they sold out very very quickly. I missed out on the PI special edition sadly.

It could have been 1,000 - 500 can’t remember off the top of my head.

Some of the Fantasy Figure Gallery statues go very very quickly, Luz Maelfic is pretty rare and you’re looking at double the price, the same with Lady Ninja, Hera, Black Ice, Dark Tinkerbellm for the resin ones.

The edition sizes very widely based on the character. The Poision ivy regular was only 500 I believe and her special edition 250 and they sold out very very quickly. I missed out on the PI special edition sadly.

It could have been 1,000 - 500 can’t remember off the top of my head.

Some of the Fantasy Figure Gallery statues go very very quickly, Luz Maelfic is pretty rare and you’re looking at double the price, the same with Lady Ninja, Hera, Black Ice, Dark Tinkerbellm for the resin ones.

The first Poison Ivy had an edition size of 2500, I just looked at the tag I have... I saw Hera, Athena, Assassin, Archer and Lady Ninja awhile back going for $99... that was over a year ago, they probably sold out finally and prices have risen but at certain points Yamato's statues can be had on the cheap.... Maybe not every one but a lot of them...

The first Poison Ivy had an edition size of 2500, I just looked at the tag I have... I saw Hera, Athena, Assassin, Archer and Lady Ninja awhile back going for $99... that was over a year ago, they probably sold out finally and prices have risen but at certain points Yamato's statues can be had on the cheap.... Maybe not every one but a lot of them...

I’ve never seen lady Ninja go for anywhere near that price, it’s a 1/4th size while the Greek ones are 1/6th. Plus there were only 100 made.

Attachments

• 2377D505-F593-4241-BB4E-B246AF284711.jpg
    2377D505-F593-4241-BB4E-B246AF284711.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 75
I'm thinking of the 1:6 scale one where she's sitting in the chair.... I probably confused the names...

I'm thinking of the 1:6 scale one where she's sitting in the chair.... I probably confused the names...

All good, I can’t remember the name of that one but I know what you’re talking about, I didn’t really like it myself.

Thank you very much for letting us know the edition size exists and they are on the plates!

However it's just beyond weird they are on the plates and not the statue! I almost pitched mine LOL. Just checked the Batman one out, it's 2500 edition size and that one seems to have sold out (because he's BATMAN !!)

In fact, the first EE Wonder Woman I ordered (which had a broken sword and shield arm with a weak magnet) had literally 5-10 plates in there! They sent me a replacement statue and it just had the one plate.

I also am (someday) going to get that Batgirl LOL. But I got sidetracked by some great sales on Gentle Giant 1/6 Star Wars statues I wanted from the past :vader and my Frank Cho Wonder Woman.

I just put a dab on glue on the metal plate and put on the backside of the statue... Otherwise knowing me I'd lose them...

Back