Yamato Toys USA Luis Royo DC Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF happened to her face? lol

12193764_10153774452496457_267620793523893688_n.jpg

12191069_10153774502461457_3633982407799783099_n.jpg

Yeah, Harley turned out well for this set and so did Catwoman, I believe, so I'm not sure -- especially for the cost -- how they could've messed up Wonder Woman so bad! That's just terrible to the point of I'm not sure how QC shipped out any of these if they're like that across the board! I'm guessing they'll be getting an influx of returns for this one, and it may cause people to second guess buying future statues until they see in-hand pictures!

As for the sword and shield, I'm guessing they get attached separately, so she probably hadn't done that yet. I'd be shipping it back before even bothering with that, myself! That face is just bad. Incredibly distracting. The beauty of the face on the prototype was a huge selling point for this piece.

This reminds of the Sideshow Rogue debacle. I mean it's not like it's just bad paint, it's a completely different face. It's shape isn't even the same. Even her neck and collarbone have been resculpted. Something had to have happened in production because it's not even close.

I think it's more of a problem with the eyes. Looks stoned to the boneee mannnnnnnn.

The Eyes, the Nose, the lips, the Face shape, the neck and collarbone area, etc.
The final statue looks like a Bootleg version of what we were promised.

This reminds of the Sideshow Rogue debacle. I mean it's not like it's just bad paint, it's a completely different face. It's shape isn't even the same. Even her neck and collarbone have been resculpted. Something had to have happened in production because it's not even close.

:exactly: Yeah, if they'd shown that face as the prototype, VERY few would've ordered her. I'm sure some still may have, but this whole line seems to have a selling point of "soft beauties," if that makes sense with how I'm trying to describe it. That's 100% completely lost with this new face that shipped out. Just looks so hard, and terrible.

And while the side by side shows the major flaws, there's no saving it even from display distance! This far shot looks brutal! She looks like she's undead, or as many have mentioned, drugged out. No beauty whatsoever!

It'll be interesting to see if the Ivy PO/interest is as high as this one was, or if it's more along the lines of, "The prototype looks great, but I'll wait to see the final product," which is never where a company ideally wants to find themselves.

:exactly: Yeah, if they'd shown that face as the prototype, VERY few would've ordered her. I'm sure some still may have, but this whole line seems to have a selling point of "soft beauties," if that makes sense with how I'm trying to describe it. That's 100% completely lost with this new face that shipped out. Just looks so hard, and terrible.

And while the side by side shows the major flaws, there's no saving it even from display distance! This far shot looks brutal! She looks like she's undead, or as many have mentioned, drugged out. No beauty whatsoever!

It'll be interesting to see if the Ivy PO/interest is as high as this one was, or if it's more along the lines of, "The prototype looks great, but I'll wait to see the final product," which is never where a company ideally wants to find themselves.

Disappointed & cancelled.

In terms of facial quality, the prototype was similar to Yamato's earlier Black Tinkerbell production piece (outstanding) but this is completely different.

Sticking with my SS WW.

Anyone know if the prototype was PVC? Based on the eyes, it looks like the loss of softness in the face and skin was a result of translating the sculpt to resin.

Anyone know if the prototype was PVC? Based on the eyes, it looks like the loss of softness in the face and skin was a result of translating the sculpt to resin.
The whole line is done in polystone. Harley had no issues so I doubt thats the reason. Besides, its obviously resculpted, if it were just a casting issue the facial features would be a little off, not completely changed.

The whole line is done in polystone. Harley had no issues so I doubt thats the reason. Besides, its obviously resculpted, if it were just a casting issue the facial features would be a little off, not completely changed.

I know the DC line has been resin thus far. I remember Yamato in the past doing PVC and resin versions of Luis Royo statues like Ritual, which looked somewhat different between paint apps for obvious reasons. Just speculating, as I feel the pictures of this new Wonder Woman are abnormal compared to Yamato's usual high standard.

I know the DC line has been resin thus far. I remember Yamato in the past doing PVC and resin versions of Luis Royo statues like Ritual, which looked somewhat different between paint apps for obvious reasons. Just speculating, as I feel the pictures of this new Wonder Woman are abnormal compared to Yamato normal high standard.
A little difference I could see but not this. And I agree this is honestly the first time I've seen this with Yamato

Back