Media YAKUZA Zero

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's great. Took a min to sink it's teeth in me but once I put my preconceived notions of it aside it all came together. Unfortunately tho I have had a heavy tempo at work these last couple weeks and haven't been able to play as much as I would like.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Always happy to hear this awesome series get additional fans. Once you finish the game, you can try the other ones to further immerse in the Yakuza world!

Thought that was already released on console.

Waiting for the PC version.

Almost finished 0 story... but man I'm surprised this was a PS4 game. Aside from the face models a lot of the game looks PS3 era with low poly and weak post process effects.

Almost finished 0 story... but man I'm surprised this was a PS4 game. Aside from the face models a lot of the game looks PS3 era with low poly and weak post process effects.

Hmm well I think it got a PS3 release in Japan only a few years ago, and the PS4 version isn't a drastic upgrade by any means but it still holds up well in areas. Story is amazing though and 0 is considered one of if not the best in the series.

My Kiwami 2 copy should be here on early next week. I want to play Yakuza 6 eventually but will probably wait until the remasters of 3, 4, and 5 release over here, but that may be a while.

Thought that was already released on console.

Waiting for the PC version.

No, Kiwami 2 drops this Tuesday. Y0 was released for both PS3 and PS4, that's why the graphics are just minor upgrades from the PS3 version. I still found it to be good looking and never had a problem with it. And Y0 is amazing. Best one in the series. We'll see if Kiwami 2 will top it, since the original Yakuza 2 was a favorite of mine for a long time until Y0 came along.

Hmm well I think it got a PS3 release in Japan only a few years ago, and the PS4 version isn't a drastic upgrade by any means but it still holds up well in areas. Story is amazing though and 0 is considered one of if not the best in the series.

My Kiwami 2 copy should be here on early next week. I want to play Yakuza 6 eventually but will probably wait until the remasters of 3, 4, and 5 release over here, but that may be a while.

I think you should play Y6 before Kiwami 2 honestly. Even though Y6's beginning is the basically the ending of Y5, it's not some big spoiler like event where you will really be effected by it. Kiwami 2 is running on the dragon engine from Y6 and is vastly improved upon. So if you play Kiwami 2 first, then play Y6, you will probably be disappointed by Y6 since that was like the intro dragon engine while Kiwami 2 is running on dragon engine 2.0.

I think it's a great game. Just was surprised by the visuals, knowing it was on PS3 also makes sense.

It seems Y6 and Kiwami 2 are the ones on the new engine, I really want to play those.

I only played Yakuza 1 and 2 from the PS2 back then. 2 is amazing, boss battle is really epic, kinda like MGS, Solid Snake vs Liquid Snake. Eventually will try Yakuza 0 because it's on PC. I hope all got ported to PC

Just bought Yakuza Zero this weekend. Going to be my first time playing a game from this series.

I just bought yakuza 0 & yakuza kiwami, i have not played a yakuza game since the ps2 days so i'm excited to give the series another shot.

I just started zero and am liking it a whole lot, the story is interesting enough to keep you playing and the gameplay ang fighting is just awesome.

So right now playing Kiwami 2, I can say aside from the graphics and updated engine, Yakuza 0 is still the king in story and combat.

It's better than Kiwami 1 by a long shot but just doesn't have the hook of 0 which is looking like it might be the peak of the series right now.

Yakuza 0 is the pinnacle of the series. I’m almost beating Kiwami 2, and it’s my second favorite after Y0. Wish I could do karaoke and bowling with Kaoru like on the PS2 version.

Back