XM Studios Winter Soldier 1/4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pictures from PixelPerfect at STGCC 2017

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

21433205_856358617862empv9.jpg

21368736_856358144528fmrqa.jpg

21430114_856358414528lkrjt.jpg

I'm getting a Cable-esque vibe from this piece with the guns and arm. Nothing wrong with that of course.

I think this is going to be a tough sell for XM though. It looks great, but I'm not sure if there's going to be an overwhelming demand right out of the gate. The movie hype should help out a lot for them.

Not digging the face

Some of the close-ups throw me off on the face sculpt, but honestly, the more I see it, the more I like it....like many XM pieces. :lol

Fastball, I forget, but you got this on PO?

I'm not wow'ed be this at all. Will need to see if it grows on me.

I'm not wow'ed be this at all. Will need to see if it grows on me.

It's not growing on me and this is my favorite Marvel character. IMO should have had a long hair switchout like the proto and a arm with knife option. This could have been THE comic statue for me. But comic character has 2 looks in general. This to me just looks like someone didn't care enough or was keeping the price down.

This is not a bad statue. It actually looks nice and the paints are great as always. It just doesn't have that "XM pop" that a lot of us are used to.

It's not growing on me and this is my favorite Marvel character. IMO should have had a long hair switchout like the proto and a arm with knife option. This could have been THE comic statue for me. But comic character has 2 looks in general. This to me just looks like someone didn't care enough or was keeping the price down.

Someone might come along and make a custom sculpt though too. Not trying to justify buying it, but nonetheless, it might happen in today's day and age. The knife option would have been a nice touch.

Wait the arm with the knife didn't get done ?

Also I think it should have had a CoH as well.

Wait the arm with the knife didn't get done ?

Also I think it should have had a CoH as well.

As far as I know and every pic I've seen of the statue and YT vid, not a hint of any switchout. Not that a statue NEEDS that but IMO for this character not a good move.

As far as I know and every pic I've seen of the statue and YT vid, not a hint of any switchout. Not that a statue NEEDS that but IMO for this character not a good move.

I think it needs the switch outs. The two gun hands look unnatural. He should just be holding the rifle with both hands.

I think it needs the switch outs. The two gun hands look unnatural. He should just be holding the rifle with both hands.

Well, maybe I'm wrong. XM's own site sez:

The Winter Soldier Premium Collectibles statue features:

Two (2) interchangeable Left Arms for alternate display
Two (2) interchangeable Right Arms for alternate display

Crafted from cold-cast porcelain
Limited edition : MTO

Art print by Studio Hive
https://www.xm-studios.com/products/winter-soldier.aspx

I hadn't kept track after deciding to pass...but I still think this needed a head switch out e.g:

Winter_Soldier_(Bucky_Barnes).jpg

winter_soldier_comic2.jpg

(Luv this wish someone would make him...)

winter_soldier_comic3.jpg

I would have just wanted the option depending which cover art I was feeling that month. Still feels to me like cutbacks were made, a bit. Cheaper not to deal with and ship a switch out head and more elaborate base. But heck, if you are already paying that much money anyway, IMO they (XM) should have gone for it. My fav MCU character it's kinda frustrating when you see the elaborate Black Panther.

Oh well, guess it's always better when you DON'T spend money.:monkey3

Back