XM Studios - Transformers Optimus Prime (G1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man...this thing is gonna be BIIIIIIIIIIIG!!!

And some of y'all are bugging if you think this looks remotely close to Bayformers.

I think it's because most of us are more familiar with the simply designed 80s cartoons, but if you follow the comics from the last 10-20 years you'll find that these XM and Prime 1 statues are pretty close imo.

XM Studios News

"Thanks to Dreambox 3Dteam for the XM Optimus Prime Print. We are still going to work on the detailing cuz we are crazy. Great work Hery!"

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

16174381_1807477339471auht.jpg

16143269_180747718613jjuui.jpg

16266323_180747720947pqur0.jpg

16298884_180747710280n8u9f.jpg

16114700_180747709947tvu7h.jpg

16195910_180747709613y9uxh.jpg

16265289_180747730947qyu76.jpg

16298932_180747729613lrukb.jpg

16265913_1807477289478au5s.jpg

16298573_1807477212802tu8t.jpg

I can't even imagine what this thing will cost, plus shipping.

Clarification on XM Transformers G1 line Availability. Our license covers the following countries, Hong Kong & Macau, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Korea and Australia. Please note we are not permitted to sell or ship to other countries not mentioned above.
/
I really feel Sideshow and Prime 1 collaboration deal seems to have locked out XM from selling direct to the U.S. and Canada.

Ghost Rider is a 70lb piece that has a large almost 3ft box and it cost me 450.00 to ship him from Singapore.
DHL Shipping for this Prime from Singapore will most likely be in the 600-700.00range.

The Statue alone cost 1799SGD = 1270USD + 600USD for DHL express shipping = 1870USD

Clarification on XM Transformers G1 line Availability. Our license covers the following countries, Hong Kong & Macau, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Korea and Australia. Please note we are not permitted to sell or ship to other countries not mentioned above.
/
I really feel Sideshow and Prime 1 collaboration deal seems to have locked out XM from selling direct to the U.S. and Canada.

Ghost Rider is a 70lb piece that has a large almost 3ft box and it cost me 450.00 to ship him from Singapore.
DHL Shipping for this Prime from Singapore will most likely be in the 600-700.00range.

The Statue alone cost 1799SGD = 1270USD + 600USD for DHL express shipping = 1870USD

If they mentioned Australia it has to do with the way things are license over there. We can get the transformer range but we can't get the Marvel range. The shipping is very expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup... I don't see people outside the license zone would jump in and buy this. The shipping is gonna be insane.

Yup... I don't see people outside the license zone would jump in and buy this. The shipping is gonna be insane.

I have been paying between 300-500USD for DHL express shipping for each XM piece I buy. I don't like spending that much of my money, but there is no other way to do it. The majority of the middle man sellers in Singapore don't want to ship Slow Boat because there truly is no tracking, and it could take up to 3 months to reach your countries port.

This is why when people sell XM pieces the price is nowhere near retail. It has the shipping price amalgamated inside.

Ghost Rider was the latest piece I received and it cost me about 450USD. It was the largest box I have received from them.

One thing I love about XM is they don't care about the box size as a determining factor in the design. It truly seems XM creates what the art director wants and once the design is done they create the box.

With all that said I'm scared to see how large and heavy this Optimus Prime box will be 😳

/

This has definitely way too much detail. And I think it's just for the hell of it really. It's what a G1 Prime Bayformer would have looked IMO.

Glad for those into this sort of thing, but sometimes less is more.

This has definitely way too much detail. And I think it's just for the hell of it really. It's what a G1 Prime Bayformer would have looked IMO.

Glad for those into this sort of thing, but sometimes less is more.

Relative to what exactly. The cartoons or the comics? As compared to how he has looked in modern G1 comics it's maybe only a bit more detailed. Google Optimus Prime pics and you'll see some that are very detailed.

But if your only comparing it to the original G1 cartoons then I can understand your point.

Though I guess it's possible that the modern G1 comics have themselves been influenced by Bayformers.

I know we're a ways off still, but has XM said anything about an accompanying print with Prime? I'm really hoping they do one.

The shipping frankly keeps me far away from this or any other XM piece. There are some decisions about this I don't like but overall a nice piece with tons of options.

Back