XM Studios - Transformers Optimus Prime (G1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XM Studios News

"See you guys at Thailand Comic Con...."

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

17861486_1848266978723wky8.jpg

17862535_184826702206lxj08.jpg

17884283_184826705206t0ja7.jpg

XM Studios News

"ANNOUNCEMENT
There will be a price revision to Optimus Prime Statue due to various factors;
-
1) The physical piece is massive and more complex than anticipated with many switch out parts
2) We are adding in an alternate vehicle mode, the truck! This companion piece displays with great relevance and a reminder of why they are called Transformers.
3) Final production comes with light up features!
The added features and improvements to the product has resulted an increase in price. The final price will now be SGD2,199.
-
The final product is slated to ship with;
1) 2 X Right Arms; 1 holding gun pointing towards sky; 1 holding gun pointing towards front.
2) 2 X left hands; 1 hand in relaxed open palm pose; 1 hand grasping Axe
3) 1 X Rocket Pack
4) 1 X Truck Mode
-
We will be unveiling a fully printed prototype at Thailand Comic Con and hope you will like the hard work we've put into this piece.
-
NOTE: To be fair to Customers who have POed in advance. They can opt for a refund if they are not agreeable to the revised price."

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

17903755_184989815523hnuol.jpg

17883978_184989815856ibu80.jpg

17523425_184989816189b9u99.jpg

17951799_184989819856azua7.jpg

17798981_184989819523bpux7.jpg

17903637_184992004189duu50.jpg

So apparently the matrix hand, additional head, hologram and a couple of the other switchouts may be included with other Autobots

aa8d52b7a1e19a7f725af3c1ff2b1ce5_zpsqa0eyayk.jpg

Yea, I hear ya. Don't know what to say about this. In my opinion, XM really doesn't need to do it this way. They already make compelling statues.

Yea, I hear ya. Don't know what to say about this. In my opinion, XM really doesn't need to do it this way. They already make compelling statues.

I know this... I hope,they don't do it this way. Include the pieces with the main statue or sell them separately, but don't make it so people have to buy at least two other statues to get a completed Prime as originally advertised. I know toy companies like the Marvel Legends brand do that kind of stuff, but that is for a $25 dollar figure, not a $1100-$1500 statue.

I know this... I hope,they don't do it this way. Include the pieces with the main statue or sell them separately, but don't make it so people have to buy at least two other statues to get a completed Prime as originally advertised. I know toy companies like the Marvel Legends brand do that kind of stuff, but that is for a $25 dollar figure, not a $1100-$1500 statue.

Correction $2000 statues

What I said at the other forum 'I honestly dont care if Optimus is going to have some of his switchouts packaged with other TFs. I dont know if its a money plan to ensure more Transformers get bought; but XM is a business that needs to sell their product. I am buying Optimus no matter what. I am not a OCD completionist that will need to have every piece of him and buy every Transformer. Starscream looks sick and Megatron will no doubt look good so will consider those.

I understand that to some people they dont like this plan, but XM gives these switchouts with Optimus

1) 2 X Right Arms; 1 holding gun pointing towards sky; 1 holding gun pointing towards front.
3) 1 X Rocket Pack
4) 1 X Truck Mode
5) light up matrix in chest

SSC and P1 usually give one or maybe two Exclusive pieces.

XM is giving 7 Exclusive pieces and a possible two more in latter pieces.

So for the new price which I wouldve preferred the old price. They are offering light up features, all these switchouts, a massive highly detailed and amazing painted Optimus.

If I do not get the two extra pieces, I will still consider him complete. If people think missing 2 pieces out of 9 switchouts, is somehow making them buying a regular statue not an exclusive one..then that is their problem.

I do agree I wouldnt like them to do this with the Marvel or DC license! It looks like XM is still coming up with a plan and are always open to suggestions. but to me personally it doesnt really bother me.

Everyone knows I can be critical of XM, Im not some crazy fanboy, but I honestly dont care if Optimus is going to have some of his switchouts packaged with other TFs. I dont know if its a money plan to ensure more Transformers get bought; but XM is a business that needs to sell their product. I am buying Optimus no matter what. I am not a OCD completionist that will need to have every piece of him and buy every Transformer. Starscream looks sick and Megatron will no doubt look good so will consider those.

I understand that to some people they dont like this plan, but XM gives these switchouts with Optimus

3) 1 X Rocket Pack
4) 1 X Truck Mode
5) light up matrix in chest

SSC and P1 usually give one or maybe two Exclusive pieces.

XM is giving 7 Exclusive pieces and a possible two more in latter pieces.

So for the new price which I wouldve preferred the old price. :) They are offering light up features, all these switchouts, a massive highly detailed and amazing painted Optimus.

If I do not get the two extra pieces, I will still consider him complete. If people think missing 2 pieces out of 9 switchouts, is somehow making them buying a regular statue not an exclusive one..then that is their problem.

I do agree I wouldnt like them to do this with the Marvel or DC license! It looks like XM is still coming up with a plan and are always open to suggestions. but to me personally it doesnt really bother me.

Because if SSC started to include the EX parts in the box for a completely different statue I am sure you wouldn't have ANYTHING negative to say.

tumblr_mfu5s3v5nb1rknrf9o1_500.gif

I understand ur a SSC Fanboy and you love to pretend to care about XM products. Thats why u jump on XM threads on Forums and Facebook to try to appear as a friend but actually come to exploit a situation. It is a very endearing trait of yours

Read my post before simply stating I would bash SSC if they tried something similar. Sideshow's practice is to offer 1 Exclusive piece. IF they decided they would offer 2 exclusive pieces but the other one would come packaged with another statue..that is now considered a bonus...not a loss of an exclusive as they are still giving u an exclusive.

XM's practice is giving 7 exclusive pieces...two are bonuses in other statues. They could just say there are only 7 pieces no bonuses. BUT they are saying if u get a couple more statues u get bonus pieces for Optimus. XM spoils collectors with an excessive amount of switchouts...this will nearly hit double digits in switchouts.

I understand ur a SSC Fanboy and you love to pretend to care about XM products. Thats why u jump on XM threads on Forums and Facebook to try to appear as a friend but actually come to exploit a situation. It is a very endearing trait of yours :)

Read my post before simply stating I would bash SSC if they tried something similar. Sideshow's practice is to offer 1 Exclusive piece. IF they decided they would offer 2 exclusive pieces but the other one would come packaged with another statue..that is now considered a bonus...not a loss of an exclusive as they are still giving u an exclusive.

XM's practice is giving 7 exclusive pieces...two are bonuses in other statues. They could just say there are only 7 pieces no bonuses. BUT they are saying if u get a couple more statues u get bonus pieces for Optimus. XM spoils collectors with an excessive amount of switchouts...this will nearly hit double digits in switchouts and all I hear is :waah:

Lol.... and you are a XM apologists at least I know and am honest about being a fanboy... and any friends I have at XM already have heard my opinions. So they know where I am coming from. As for your arguments they are totally half baked.

Firstly, extras for one statue shouldn't be buried with other statues no matter how you cut it. If I want a complete Prime, I don't mind you, but I have to buy two other statues to make that happen??? That is just a fail no matter how you cut it . Also, what if you don't want extra parts for Prime with the other Autobots. If I buy say Bumblebee I need to PAY for shipping on Optimus parts for no good reason??? What am I going to flip the parts? It isn't a good solution and that is the truth.

tenor.gif

Lol.... and you are a XM apologists at least I know and am honest about being a fanboy... and any friends I have at XM already have heard my opinions. So they know where I am coming from. As for your arguments they are totally half baked.

Firstly, extras for one statue shouldn't be buried with other statues no matter how you cut it. If I want a complete Prime, I don't mind you, but I have to buy two other statues to make that happen??? That is just a fail no matter how you cut it . Also, what if you don't want extra parts for Prime with the other Autobots. If I buy say Bumblebee I need to PAY for shipping on Optimus parts for no good reason??? What am I going to flip the parts? It isn't a good solution and that is the truth.

tenor.gif

The last thing you are Spidey is honest about your intentions. You stated at one time XM reviewers were receiving free statues, that is why there were receiving such glowing reviews...or that the Statue Awards on Statue Forums were fixed by the Admins in favour of XM since they all like XM products. You are definitely a SSC fanboy who targets XM in whichever manner you can and then dresses up as "Who poor me?"

I think everyone can see that I am pretty objective with my criticisms of XM. That can be clearly seen from the Venom thread on Statue Forums a week ago. So I do not apologize for XM when issues occur, I actually engage them.

Seems like people do have issue with XM doing this, and I encourage them to post up on their facebook and on the forums. There may be other viable solutions. IMO it doesnt bother me. I never planned to get the whole TF line, but only the ones that are my favourites Im not going to be swayed to buy another statue for one switchout. For you to even add in the cost of one switchout as being significant change to shipping is ridiculous.

We all know your agenda Spidey. You are always trying to get the pitchforks out for XM, it is your modus operandi.

This piece is going to be amazing. The amount of Switch outs is perfect. The hidden extra's is actually a bonus great marketing done right in my opinion. Because it gives great incentive to collect the line. But if your not keen your still getting an amazing piece with crazy amounts of Switch outs anyway. I simply can't wait for this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last thing you are Spidey is honest about your intentions. You stated at one time XM reviewers were receiving free statues, that is why there were receiving such glowing reviews...or that the Statue Awards on this Forum were fixed by the Admins in favour of XM since they all like XM products. You are definitely a SSC fanboy who targets XM in whichever manner you can and then dresses up as "Who poor me?" attitude :drama:

I think everyone can see that I am pretty objective with my criticisms of XM. That can be clearly seen from the Venom thread a week ago. So I do not apologize for XM when issues occur, I actually engage them.

Seems like people do have issue with XM doing this, and I encourage them to post up on their facebook and on the forums. There may be other viable solutions. IMO it doesnt bother me. I never planned to get the whole TF line, but only the ones that are my favourites Im not going to be swayed to buy another statue for one switchout. For you to even add in the cost of one switchout as being significant change to shipping is ridiculous.

Yes we have history Cha, I call Spidey out on his agenda. He is always trying to get the pitchforks out for XM, it is his modus operandi.

Always the same ---- with you isn't it Cali...lol. Same old crap different day. That's cool Dude... I get it you got nothing else to go on and are pretty much in the dark half the time so just keep beating that horse. Honestly, I don't have any pitchforks out right now I am saying right here and now. I honestly think that XM is trying to find what they feel is a reasonable solution to this whole thing. Shorudan, Bryan, is one of the single most HONORABLE people I have met in the hobby. Bar none. He has one of the biggest hearts in the industry and it shows. That is why I have made other suggestions in this very thread to remedy the problem. If you don't believe me that I am trying to help out a friend in Bryan, by making these suggestions, I can honestly say I don't giving two ----s about your opinion.

Again I say allow people to buy the extras separately or hell don't release them at all as the piece is ALREADY the BEST Optimus Prime out there period end of statement. But don't put the switchouts out with other statues that would cost people $2000-$3000 to buy. The optics of that are horrible any way you cut it.

Last edited:
Nobodies likes their old crap brought up eh Spidey...but it hasn't really stopped you from spreading new crap. Bottom line you are disingenuous with your I have XMs best interests at heart. That's why the old crap got brought up so everyone else can see how you function towards XM. You have never bought an XM statue but you are all over the forums and facebook making a big stand about Optimus when u were never planning on buying one. Whatever dude this is ur shtick I get it.

Btw Congrats Maple Leafs won!!

Last edited:
Back