XM Studios Thor, Magneto and Wolverine Concept!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Computer mockup or not, that looks awesome. Can't wait for the sculpt

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Computer mockup or not, that looks awesome. Can't wait for the sculpt

:exactly: seeing how well there Captain America turned out & there other proto's like BW etc I feel very confident about XM :)

But I understand were Ink & Colin are coming from

:exactly: seeing how well there Captain America turned out & there other proto's like BW etc I feel very confident about XM :)

But I understand were Ink & Colin are coming from

Im admittedly not a fan of their Cap. I don't know man. But I'm hoping this looks as amazing as it could, in hand

There's no denying that!

Too rich for me though.
Yeah man. I'd have to really been blown away to pay that sorta loot too
I actually prefer the new SS CA PF to the XM version hence why I didn't order it but yeah sorry that's what I meant it was very well executed. Well said Colin :)

Yeah I totally agree with you about SS's Cap

Computer mock ups don't do anything for me. Let's see a real version

From my experience with digital sculpts , they come out so much like the computer image you can't actually tell the difference between the shot and an unpainted statue.

The real kicker is the paint job.

From my experience with digital sculpts , they come out so much like the computer image you can't actually tell the difference between the shot and an unpainted statue.

The real kicker is the paint job.

We've seen how many nice SS prototype statues that turned out pretty errrr due to poor paint application. :panic:

Older releases there were a lot a botches and in terms of overall product the newer stuff is leagues beyond what they released in the past. They've been pretty amazing with recent releases and their sculpts have only been getting better and better. Who doesn't love a company that is already #1 and strives to aim higher?

Older releases there were a lot a botches and in terms of overall product the newer stuff is leagues beyond what they released in the past. They've been pretty amazing with recent releases and their sculpts have only been getting better and better. Who doesn't love a company that is already #1 and strives to aim higher?

It's easy to be #1 when you've never had any competition.

It's easy to be #1 when you've never had any competition.

Lol really? They did have competition, they still do. They just happen to be better. This is just new competition but right now its not really, but maybe they too will turn into a Statue Super House

Lol really? They did have competition, they still do. They just happen to be better. This is just new competition but right now its not really, but maybe they too will turn into a Statue Super House

What competition? SS locked up pretty much all the 1:4 scale licenses, please show me other companies that makes DC, Marvel or Star Wars 1:4 scale statues in the United States... It's only been recently that GG has been able to make 1:4 scale Marvel Movie statues but they're still not allowed make comic versions..

Last edited:

To quote a backwards wolverine

"They are the best at what they do, but what they do isn't very good" :lol

Their art department are so questionable, it's beyond doubt they don't have the right people in place. The poses of the characters and some of the decisions in particular are just mind boggling. These smaller companies and custom makers have a finger on the pulse of the fans that sideshow can only dream of.

Don't get me wrong, they occasionally do make some great statue's but too often I'm personally left wondering what could have been. People would rather pay more money if the piece is more true to the character, XM studios and the rest of the smaller companies are proof of that.

How do you get a Christopher Reeve statue wrong? Seriously , you'd have to TRY and muck it up :lol

Their art department are so questionable, it's beyond doubt they don't have the right people in place. The poses of the characters and some of the decisions in particular are just mind boggling. These smaller companies and custom makers have a finger on the pulse of the fans that sideshow can only dream of.

Don't get me wrong, they occasionally do make some great statue's but too often I'm personally left wondering what could have been. People would rather pay more money if the piece is more true to the character, XM studios and the rest of the smaller companies are proof of that.

They will never get a statue for everyone to like. It's impossible. And to be honest, if I was sideshow. I'd pick the safest pose. Especially with how many they plan to make. One leg up, upper body flex all day. The key isn't to excite the most people in this business, it's to piss off the least. Haha

As an example with the upcoming XM poses, it's going to be hard to display them with anything else due to the bases. (Wolverine specifically). Please don't take this as me saying it's bad, and I guess I should wait to see more XM statues in the xmen line. But mixing that wolverine with something like the jean grey pf would look awkward to me.

Idk. I personally love the new sideshow stuff. Think the XM looks cool too, but is far out of my price range.

How do you get a Christopher Reeve statue wrong? Seriously , you'd have to TRY and muck it up
:lol
:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

They will never get a statue for everyone to like. It's impossible. And to be honest, if I was sideshow. I'd pick the safest pose. Especially with how many they plan to make. One leg up, upper body flex all day. The key isn't to excite the most people in this business, it's to piss off the least. Haha

As an example with the upcoming XM poses, it's going to be hard to display them with anything else due to the bases. (Wolverine specifically). Please don't take this as me saying it's bad, and I guess I should wait to see more XM statues in the xmen line. But mixing that wolverine with something like the jean grey pf would look awkward to me.

Idk. I personally love the new sideshow stuff. Think the XM looks cool too, but is far out of my price range.

Well it's hard to display SS Jean Grey with SS Cyclops or SS Storm.... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back