XM Studios Thor, Magneto and Wolverine Concept!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a thor hammer light feature would be awesome. Even if it just flashed at the hammer and under the base to give the lightning feel!

Am I the only one who thinks the unmasked portrait of Magneto needs a little work? I liked the updated/modified one someone posted..

Am I the only one who thinks the unmasked portrait of Magneto needs a little work? I liked the updated/modified one someone posted..

Compared to sideshow, I think all of the face sculpts need some work. But just like sideshow, I think Xbox's will get better over time.

Dude, I'm going to need an intervention and marriage counselor!

Yep. No wife for me so I rely on my amazing self control which is non existent

Very good point buddy... Best to take first swing, and let SS play catch up. Once the collector have Brown Wolv or Thanos 1/4, they will wait for SS to make a super wow version for them to lure buyers in, or else they just sit and watch from the fence.

Well I guess my marketing hint wasn't so subtle after all. Hey got to find a way to win. Everyone else is going to have their own wants. I'm selfish and I want Thanos!!!

Well I guess my marketing hint wasn't so subtle after all. Hey got to find a way to win. Everyone else is going to have their own wants. I'm selfish and I want Thanos!!!

:clap:rotfl

Same here. Just ended things with my lady, so now I'll hopefully have the money for more of these! Hahaa

It was probably for the better man. There's some things in life I don't really need anyone else's opinion on. Statues I buy is one if them . Just my take

I agree completely. It is not why we broke up, but I get what you mean. I barely ever use my money to indulge, so when I do... I don't want to hear a single complaint. If I did, look out for this.

hulk-transform-o.gif

I agree completely. It is not why we broke up, but I get what you mean. I barely ever use my money to indulge, so when I do... I don't want to hear a single complaint. If I did, look out for this.

hulk-transform-o.gif

Haha

I deleted my post after I reread yours. Was like whoops that's not even the issue . Great advice...

This is not a cheap hobby by any means and its addictive. Pick one or two up a year that you really want and build it from there. Cap is definitely the choice I would have went with. I'm bias as Cap is my dude.

Haha

I deleted my post after I reread yours. Was like whoops that's not even the issue . Great advice...

This is not a cheap hobby by any means and its addictive. Pick one or two up a year that you really want and build it from there. Cap is definitely the choice I would have went with. I'm bias as Cap is my dude.

My favorite heroes are Skaar, Hulk and Cap. Please don't ask me to rank them. It will break my heart. Haha

After this year I will have all of them and slow down on collecting. I really hope Marvel Now gives Skaar his own comic. He could be an epic mainstay in the universe and be one of the strongest there is.

Haha

You got that right. Conan is my dude and I'm in trouble with the ARH Frazetta license because resistance will be futile and now XM comes along with these epic Marvel pieces that are irresistible too! :slap

Seriously though my big issue is space. My collection is for the most part in my office/computer room at home. I currently have 68 pieces with 11 on pre order with one of those a 1:4 dio. I expect to make 6 more P.O's of which two will be 1:4 dios, ARH Conan Warrior and Destroyer and the rest 1:4 scale: XM Cap, Mags, and Brown Wolvie included. If XM comes out with Gambit and Daredevil not to mention Thanos you can add those three. :slap:slap:slap :medic

@savage
Skarr was the first PF I fell in love with. I remember when I first saw pics of him I was enamored. Planet Hulk and world hulk are two if my favorite hulk reads. I ordered GH and he's by far my most anticipated PO this year.

@wolf brother
Yeah you have a really large and expensive list building there. All good pics too.
Yeah space is the end all. I have a 75 sq ft room in my basement and it's almost filled. I also use my office for some of them and that's packed. I've got to figure it out and quick

@tavegg

Yeah. Planet hulk and WWH are some of my favorite reads as well. But I promised myself one of each character. No more than 1 per hero. And I'm sticking to it.

That being said, I wanted all natural hulk haha. But trust me when I say I am ridiculously jealous of those getting G Hulk.

What do you think about a solo comic run for Skaar. I think he could be the coolest newest thing. Especially if they made it about him being off planet, maybe the leader on a rebuilt/rebranded Sakaar. Facing down the enemies of his empire and protecting his people.

XM did a Captain, reminds me of a cross between the SSC original Cap's and the Ironman comiquette...very nice.

capn.jpg

cap2.jpg

cap3.jpg

I haven't seen anything done by XM with light up features yet. Also they do not seem to use mix media and I go back and forth wheather I prefer pure polystone or a mixed element for my statues. I feel like over a long period of time mixed media might not hold up as well. Either way XM creating more to be excited about and I like this...

XM did a Captain, reminds me of a cross between the SSC original Cap's and the Ironman comiquette...very nice.

View attachment 109882

View attachment 109883

View attachment 109884

I haven't seen anything done by XM with light up features yet. Also they do not seem to use mix media and I go back and forth wheather I prefer pure polystone or a mixed element for my statues. I feel like over a long period of time mixed media might not hold up as well. Either way XM creating more to be excited about and I like this...

The XM IM Mark VII will have light up features as per some of their reps.

I agree with mix media not holding up to father time. Leather and cloth will eventually succumb to deterioration but it is cool.

Cloth gets dirty way easier too... Full sculpt is safer choice

just a heads up

the Magneto, Wolverine statues will probably be on display in SGTCC 2014 (singapore version of comic con) , it is in Sept though!!

Thanos would be my pic for the next sculpt. I'd like to see something that hasn't already been done by SS. Why bother competing when you can produce the only one. Well in 1/4 scale at least. Look at how many peeps are foaming at the mouth for a Magneto. I get that the sculpt and idea is amazing all in its own and he's probably the most popular Marvel villain there is, but XMs is also the only one there is. I've been hoping for someone to finally make a Thanos. Make it so XM

Infinity gauntlet and the cosmic cube could be a switch out for his left hand and the right hand a normal clenched fist
Then you could do both hands like the bottom pic for a completely different look

View attachment 109838
View attachment 109839

THanos is in the works, XM studios try to do a Deadpool statue but there are additional licensing requesting so they have focus their attention on Thanos

As far as l know

(Currently under production and expected to be shipped soon)

Captain America- Shipping in Batches in May 14
Hulk
Iron Man Mark 42
Black Widow

Work in Progress

Magneto
Iron Man Mk 7
Classic Thor
Yellow Wolverine
Jean Grey (green Pheonix version)
Hawkeye
Marvel Girl