XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoopie mine just arrived. Will open it late tonight or tomorrw after work. The box is not bang up or crushed! It's the first time for a XM box the box looks so small? Compared to mags and phoenix. This tells me he may be smaller than I thought. Shipping was 300.00 usd. Pricey. Hope this will be my last big aftermarket XM purchase. It's like 10k now for my mags, wolvie, phoenix, bw and Thanos. I have a few more others but those are not crazy expensive like these now. Thanos better be worth it. From all the pics I've seen I think he will do just fine. Now to go learn more about thanos. I will check out the YouTube channels about what his powers are and who or what he does in the universe. Nothing better than to use the laptop with a narrator telling me everything about the charcter. Love technology.

Ok finally got him out so many parts! I was excited opening the box and had faith in XM QC. I really wasn't too worried at least this time unlike ss which is 50/50 on QC. Love the straps again and no cutting styrofoam tape which caused headaches with bits flying off all over and having to pull out the styro etc. with XM packing I can leave it all in the box and just peel the Velcro straps and take out the statue parts. So simple. Love the extra instructions with the pics on how to put stuff back in and the extra art print.
As for the statue no issues on QC! All parts came well. How cool is that? Freaking happy for this so I can have less headaches and enjoy the statue. This thing is really not small. He's very nice size big enough to make me happy. The base is so much bigger in person. Details is nice. All the so many extra parts makes up for anything relating to the base. He came with so many parts I had to lay them all on the table which is incredible. He's got some good weight and the presence is awesome. I love all the switch outs and will use them all on and off. The unmasked head is so awesome in person. The gold paint is very nice. Everything can always be improved even more but staying with what we get im very happy with this. I must say for me he's in the same class as mags and phoenix. This thing is awesome! As of now I like him better than mags and Phoenix. But maybe because he's new. Maybe because of his size,, sculpt is spot on likeness, great gold paint, the cool transparent blue cube with the smoke inside effects, and so many freaking cool switch outs. Maybe it's all of these giving us the ultimate THanos. Wow I can't stop looking at him. For anyone thinking about it I say another runners up for statue of the year 2015. His presence is so cool. I must have this guy next to galactus. XM excellent job! Please continue to suprise us and I cannot wait to see how you can top this. You guys at XM is So exciting and fun. It's hard to get a rush anymore in this hobby after seeing so much stuff. But this one did it for me like most XM stuff so far. Love this big guy! Simply awesome!

Congrats cbg. Good to hear positive things about him.

Did you get your thanks yet? Hes awesome. I didn't see any paint issues with this that I see others are saying. It's a pretty simple painted statues from what I see. But so many parts to inspect. So far all looks good enough. I like him more than my mags and phonenix at least for now. His presence is so cool.

Did you get your thanks yet? Hes awesome. I didn't see any paint issues with this that I see others are saying. It's a pretty simple painted statues from what I see. But so many parts to inspect. So far all looks good enough. I like him more than my mags and phonenix at least for now. His presence is so cool.

No, it should be here in a couple of weeks hopefully : /

Mags and Phoenix are hard to beat but once I get him I'll line them up and decide. I'm a sucker for a good base so they already win in that department. As far as the actual character sculpt goes though I think I'll like Thanos more.

Received mine this afternoon, no issues, beautiful piece.

Love the weight, none of that blow mold plastic paper-mâché stuff SSC loves to put out.

Seem like everyone who recieved this is giving thumbs up. Congrats

No, it should be here in a couple of weeks hopefully : /

Mags and Phoenix are hard to beat but once I get him I'll line them up and decide. I'm a sucker for a good base so they already win in that department. As far as the actual character sculpt goes though I think I'll like Thanos more.

You will be in for a pleasant suprise is all I can say. :wink1: yes you will..... Time to top mags and phoneix.. :lol

Just seen this in person to a friend who got his one, it's outstanding. I've seen pretty much all XM pieces in person so far, and Thanos is surely the most impressive along with Magneto imho. Random impressions:

-portraits are amazing. Expressions, skin and lips texturing, eyes, they're spot on
-he's very very solid. His body alone weights more or less the same as Galactus' body. Base, arms, heads, gauntlets and shoulder pads are solid too
-paint app is spot on. I didn't notice rough lines except a minimal paint bleed in one of the corners of his costume. Note: the front of his costume has a black outline in the inside, it's made on purpose. I tried a bit, from about 2 inches far you can barely see the black outline, from 4 inches it's completely invisible. It blends with the shadow cast by the costume and the creases in the suit and adds some shading to the borders of the costume
-base is good enough. I've read a lot of critics about it but it's a good sculpt. Nothing over the top but it has some very nice detailing. If this is not a good base, I wonder how people classify bases like the X and A bases or the generic rocky terrains
-he is big, bulky and has a ton of presence
-cosmic cubes are awesome as are the gems in the gauntlet. They reflect light naturally so the lack of light up is absolutely unnoticeable

Now, it also had a pair of flaws that need to be mentioned:

-two of the three gauntlets had an unglued gem (both the green one), it's a super easy fix with a drop of glue but still, I've heard it happens a lot
-there was a gap of about 2 millimeters when we attached the left arm to the body. But note that the shoulder pauldron is a separate piece and once it gets attached, the gap is unnoticeable. The gap might be intentional to accomodate properly the shoulder pads - I'll check when I receive mine next week if he has the same issue or not

Btw, even considering these two flaws, imho this is one of the best statues of the year. I've seen many big beasts in person this year, Hulk XM, Lobo PF, Galactus Maquette... and Thanos is the absolute best.

That's encouraging to hear. Makes me more excited to receive mine!

Was the gap due to a weak magnet? Or is that just how it is?

It's like if the portion where the arm's magnet is inserted was a tad too short - which is why makes me think it's intentional. The shoulder pad is a separate piece with its own magnet and small padding added to prevent rubbing, I didn't have time to look closely at it but it might be the reason why the left arm needs to stay a little far away from it.
As for magnets, they're super strong, as usual, especially the one of the shoulder pads. Always remove it carefully and using two hands.

Ok thanks. The separation seems to be a common thing from what I'm seeing with other reviews. I guess if mine comes that way then I won't be worried.

Ok thanks. The separation seems to be a common thing from what I'm seeing with other reviews. I guess if mine comes that way then I won't be worried.

Yeah, I wouldn't stress out over it. There is some very small play in my arm as well. However, the magnets are very strong so there's no worry of it slipping out. Also remember that the shoulder pads need to be put on after you put both arms in. That locks everything in place. No movement or play in the arms then. So long as the paint apps hold up, you'll be fine. This is an incredible statue. I agree with El Mule. After Mags, this is THE XM piece to own.

Back