XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any chance for pics of THanos and galactus or Apoc side by side? It seems thanos is much closer to the camera. Would love to see both at the same distance. :wave

So, Thanos arrived a few days ago. I unboxed this piece and he looks amazing. What a great looking statue. I set him up Friday evening and sent a few pics to my friends. Next thing I know they are texting me back asking to stop by so they can see the piece. Well, they stopped by and were blow away by the Mad Titan. Rightfully so. The sculpt, paint apps, size and switch out parts make this THE Thanos statue to own. My buddies are all big fans of Thanos and openly told me how jealous they are that I have this masterpiece. He definitely left a big impression on them.

I did end up having one minor issue with the piece. I have a small paint rub/discoloration on the upper side of his helmet of the grinning portrait. I already contacted my retailer to see if I have any options. Whatever happens, I'm so glad I have this piece representing Thanos in my 1/4 collection. This is a KILLER statue in every way. Congrats to all of you that secured one of these. You will not be disappointed with this piece. I sold my SSC Thanos dio to fund this piece and I have ZERO regrets. XM hit this one out of the park.

I'm curious if this piece will maintain aftermark price. I'm kind of in the market for this piece, but I feel that the asking price is too high.

Christian, don't do it. If you're used to XM quality then this is the one piece that can disappoint. Yes, the issues are minor but they are issues that haven't shown up on any of their previous 10 pieces (I own them all). The right arm holding the cube by itself is loose, the paint lines look like SS and there are numerous areas of overspray.

My assessment will probably cause some backlash here but I'm just being honest. The base is super boring and while it feels like an XM piece, it doesn't scream XM like the previous 10. I really hope that this was due to the delay and not the beginning of a trend.

Christian, don't do it. If you're used to XM quality then this is the one piece that can disappoint. Yes, the issues are minor but they are issues that haven't shown up on any of their previous 10 pieces (I own them all). The right arm holding the cube by itself is loose, the paint lines look like SS and there are numerous areas of overspray.

My assessment will probably cause some backlash here but I'm just being honest. The base is super boring and while it feels like an XM piece, it doesn't scream XM like the previous 10. I really hope that this was due to the delay and not the beginning of a trend.

Mine didn't have any of those issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well i haven't got thanos yet but, the last two pieces that i got came with some issues, ant man no felt pads plus two small paint chips on the body, ms marvel is the worst, wonder woman quality if you know what i mean, left arm didn't fix, a smudge of red paint on her face, her thighs aren't smooth looks like she has cellulite.
base peg hole is twice wider than the peg which make the statue lean to the left. i do love xm products but, it seems that their quality is not one of their top priorities anymore.

well i haven't got thanos yet but, the last two pieces that i got came with some issues, ant man no felt pads plus two small paint chips on the body, ms marvel is the worst, wonder woman quality if you know what i mean, left arm didn't fix, a smudge of red paint on her face, her thighs aren't smooth looks like she has cellulite.
base peg hole is twice wider than the peg which make the statue lean to the left. i do love xm products but, it seems that their quality is not one of their top priorities anymore.

You hate to hear of any collectors having issues with their purchases...but come on...when a product is mass produced there are going to be issues. I can't name one mass manufacturer...regardless of industry...that does not have any quality control issues. That company does not exist...period. We all want 100% of our purchases to be problem free, but that is not reality. Worse...as collectors we tend overgeneralize when we do encounter problems. You had two instances where you had issues compared to the thousands of products XM has sold...and you now have come to the conclusion that quality is not one XM's top priorities anymore. That is one broad generalization based on very small sample size of product.

I am not trying to attack you...simply trying to bring some perspective to the situation. I sincerely hope your Thanos arrives with no issues.

I agree with you, there is no way a company can insure a 100% quality on each of their products,perhaps i was a little big to harsh but,it disappoint since since I'm not able to get replacement.

You hate to hear of any collectors having issues with their purchases...but come on...when a product is mass produced there are going to be issues. I can't name one mass manufacturer...regardless of industry...that does not have any quality control issues. That company does not exist...period. We all want 100% of our purchases to be problem free, but that is not reality. Worse...as collectors we tend overgeneralize when we do encounter problems. You had two instances where you had issues compared to the thousands of products XM has sold...and you now have come to the conclusion that quality is not one XM's top priorities anymore. That is one broad generalization based on very small sample size of product.

I am not trying to attack you...simply trying to bring some perspective to the situation. I sincerely hope your Thanos arrives with no issues.

With out sounding rude you have to know this is going to happen more and more now. The company is producing more statues, and getting more over run with orders. They just aren't yet equipped to handle what is coming their way, and I am talking man/woman power wise. To say this company has had very few QC issues is flat out wrong. There have been entire runs affected by issues, and other runs around 50%. What is different about them, and so damn impressive is the fact that they bite the bullet, spend the money, and make things right so very few of those issues ever make it to the fans. However, more and more will slip through until they start getting more hands to do the work, but that leads me to....

I agree with you, there is no way a company can insure a 100% quality on each of their products,perhaps i was a little big to harsh but,it disappoint since since I'm not able to get replacement.

Contact Bryan (shorudan) from XM he may be able to help you, and one awesome guy.

Pictures?

Pictures?

I don't think anyone is going to jump on you for giving an honest assessment of a statue you received. Having Thanos in hand I can only say I think he turned out great for me. I did notice the issue of his arm being slightly loose but once the the collar piece is slid into place it locks it up pretty securely. It's a non issue for me. While my paint lines were perfect (no bleeding, over spray, or uneven lines) I did have a paint rub on the top left side of the helmet on my grinning portrait. I emailed my retailer and he's looking into the best way to handle the issue. However, he assured me it will get resolved and I trust him to get it done.

I think Shawn gave you some good advice. If the person you bought Thanos from can't help you, contact Bryan over at XM. They do care about their customers and have shown they will go the extra mile for them when they can. Good luck.

I've heard a couple people talking about these issues but so far only saw a few pics by a single person. Barring further delays, I'll have this in hand by end of the month/early December, so I'll see with my own eyes. Having seen most of XM pieces so far, I guess I'll be able to make a good comparison with previous releases.
Gonna say, none of the other statues I saw are as immaculate as what XM has released so far - this is talking about paint app precision. I just got Shaak Ti, she goes for a pretty penny in the aftermarket, and she has a few minor paint flaws here and there (like very small stains on her chest). The portion around her waist, the belt, is messy and paint is super dull. Same goes for the bracelet around her right wrist.
Galactus, same thing, there are some paint bleeds in the geometry of his skirt, if you get close enough most of the grey/silver portions are rough.
Scarlet Witch? The damn Avengers sticker on her base is peeling, borders are a tad messed up.
Ultron Comiquette? Paint bleeds and overspray (without even mentioning the super dull plastic paint app they pulled).

So it all comes down to the "magnitude" of eventual flaws I'll get on this Thanos. I'll make sure to take many closeup pics btw.

Got Thanos in and unboxed it after a bout with the cold. Everyone that says he's not heavy you're nuts #1. #2 is his size. It's almost comically big. He dwarfs pretty much anything not named Hulk and 1/3 scale. The bevy of switch out options, the detail in the cosmic cube, the way that gold paint pops. Love everything about this statue. I've been waiting 15 years for a 1/4 scale Thanos statue and finally XM delivers so they get an extra point for that 11/10!

4VWjqI.jpg

gksdzl.jpg

EO24gv.jpg

SPXWFR.jpg

ye45IU.jpg

sbGfgN.jpg

YDRgu1.jpg

I6z7r4.jpg

E2q8qf.jpg

QSwVuv.jpg

nKdHTH.jpg

u7Jtz4.jpg

uh7CP0.jpg

91YJ4K.jpg

0FzhsA.jpg

q42qMY.jpg

ze0WW4.jpg

ygAITb.jpg

HnLMdk.jpg

yMNVtk.jpg

cAeWFC.jpg

XnTDmh.jpg

gECIuJ.jpg

OtnHgV.jpg

Al6Vou.jpg

ZfTQ8G.jpg

Nice, thanks for sharing. Now I want him even more.

Yeah, he's a fabulous piece. Certainly the best Thanos statue I've ever seen. He's just so imposing and the numerous switch out parts allow you to set him up multiple ways. You just can't go wrong with this piece if you are a Thanos fan.

Congrats AJ83! I think the grinning portrait fits Thanos to a T.

UVAJosh1 has his review up. He does highlight some of the issues that were previously mentioned.

With out sounding rude you have to know this is going to happen more and more now. The company is producing more statues, and getting more over run with orders. They just aren't yet equipped to handle what is coming their way, and I am talking man/woman power wise. To say this company has had very few QC issues is flat out wrong. There have been entire runs affected by issues, and other runs around 50%. What is different about them, and so damn impressive is the fact that they bite the bullet, spend the money, and make things right so very few of those issues ever make it to the fans. However, more and more will slip through until they start getting more hands to do the work, but that leads me to....

Trying to extend you the same courtesy...without sounding rude....where in my post that you quoted did I say XM has very few QC issues? I was conversing with a collector that had a couple of issues regarding his XM purchases. I was making the point that as collectors if we experience a few QC issues...there is the tendency to assume that companies like Sideshow or XM do not care about Quality Control. There was no global declaration that XM as a whole has had very few QC issues. I was simply pointing out that as consumers when we endure a disappointing purchasing experience it's easy to assume that the company in question does not care about QC issues. Additionally...IMHO I think as collectors we have this unrealistic expectation that a company should not have any QC issues...at all. IMHO that is not a realistic point of view...

But at the end of the day, very few people know the specific failure rate of any manufacturer's production line. Unless you are a member of that manufacturer's management team...specific information regarding a company's production line's failure rate is unknown to the general public. If you have been trusted with inside information...I'm perplexed why you would disclose it on a public forum.

And yes...I realize that XM has disclosed on other forums that they have had some issues on certain production runs. I just never read any forum posts or commentary on XM's Facebook page stating the failure rate of one of their lines reached 50%. If that information was indeed shared publicly...then I apologize for questioning your disclosure of XM's 50% failure rate.

Back