XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanos is one of my favorite characters and I cant get enough of this piece, but there is one thing I noticed that I don't like about the statue.

Does it bother anyone else that the helmet is separate from the rest of his suit?

I would have much rather prefered it to have connected with his suit so his neck isnt visible from the back.

Still a great statue though

Thanos is one of my favorite characters and I cant get enough of this piece, but there is one thing I noticed that I don't like about the statue.

Does it bother anyone else that the helmet is separate from the rest of his suit?

I would have much rather prefered it to have connected with his suit so his neck isnt visible from the back.

Still a great statue though

Yeah it wasointed out some time ago that the costume didn't stretch down far enough.

a89e55b279d042c2330318356f84089d_zpsgcjzpknq.jpg

6612d3fce6cc60be3406e56eab42eccb_zpsqblu3kcw.jpg

Oh yeah I think I remember someone else mentioning that.

I love this picture of thanos, if someone made it into a custom head for the XM piece I would buy it in an instant

Goodness I didn't even notice that!

I'd be all for a custom head, but for some reason I don't see this statue getting the same custom treatment/love as phoenix/mags/wolv/cap...hope I'm wrong though

I'm actually going to start looking for some 1/4 accessories to put on the base. I've seen some fb pics where a few collectors have put caps shield, mjolnir, and im's head on Thanos steps. Might take awhile to tracks them down.

seems like this thanos took a bit of reference from the one in the guardians movies. its clear that the helmet leaves the neck exposed.

Got Thanos in and unboxed it after a bout with the cold. Everyone that says he's not heavy you're nuts #1. #2 is his size. It's almost comically big. He dwarfs pretty much anything not named Hulk and 1/3 scale. The bevy of switch out options, the detail in the cosmic cube, the way that gold paint pops. Love everything about this statue. I've been waiting 15 years for a 1/4 scale Thanos statue and finally XM delivers so they get an extra point for that 11/10!

4VWjqI.jpg

gksdzl.jpg

EO24gv.jpg

SPXWFR.jpg

ye45IU.jpg

sbGfgN.jpg

YDRgu1.jpg

I6z7r4.jpg

E2q8qf.jpg

QSwVuv.jpg

nKdHTH.jpg

u7Jtz4.jpg

uh7CP0.jpg

91YJ4K.jpg

0FzhsA.jpg

q42qMY.jpg

ze0WW4.jpg

ygAITb.jpg

HnLMdk.jpg

yMNVtk.jpg

cAeWFC.jpg

XnTDmh.jpg

gECIuJ.jpg

OtnHgV.jpg

Al6Vou.jpg

ZfTQ8G.jpg

Amazing pics bro !! They deserve a quote on this new page. Thanks for sharing.

Oh yeah I think I remember someone else mentioning that.

I love this picture of thanos, if someone made it into a custom head for the XM piece I would buy it in an instant

I'd be all for a custom head, but for some reason I don't see this statue getting the same custom treatment/love as phoenix/mags/wolv/cap...hope I'm wrong though

I'm actually going to start looking for some 1/4 accessories to put on the base. I've seen some fb pics where a few collectors have put caps shield, mjolnir, and im's head on Thanos steps. Might take awhile to tracks them down.

I have heard talk that a custom head for the one is coming, but I don't have any more information on it. It is something I could probably get done, but I don't know if I would do it like I have been doing my other pieces where I am both artist and commissioner.

ActionJackson if you read my quote very carefully, and if you thought it through you would have figured out what I was talking about, but I will help you out.

100% of all the Antman's had heads that were miss painted in terms of the hair color and the mask. These all made it to collectors, but XM is shipping out new fixed heads.
100% of all the Iron Man Mark 43 we're recalled back to the factories because an arm brake issue surfaced during shipping, and the recalled them to repair the arms and put in a proper pin.
100% of the Thor spinning hammers hands done in translucent resign we're destroyed because it was discovered that frequent temperature variations would cause them to crack so XM went to a solid mix to avoid the issue.
100% of the Phoenix statues were not going to include the head originally show during PO, but after fans flipped their lid XM decided to include them.
About 50% of all the BW long haired portraits had to be recalled and redone because the facial portraits were warped during casting. This fault wasn't caught by the initial QC check done by XM, but when fans started to complain they went back and saw it.

These are ALL QC issues, but what I said before stands. The most impressive part of all of this iss how XM responds to the issues. They look at everything, figure out a solution, and get it done; and always at their own expense. It is a damn impressive aw to do business.

I've seen people doing that with the bases and it looks so much better, even displaying the Lady Death from the dio with him.

I think your right about this not getting many custom heads, but im still hoping someone will decide to make one like this :pray:

Trying to extend you the same courtesy...without sounding rude....where in my post that you quoted did I say XM has very few QC issues? I was conversing with a collector that had a couple of issues regarding his XM purchases. I was making the point that as collectors if we experience a few QC issues...there is the tendency to assume that companies like Sideshow or XM do not care about Quality Control. There was no global declaration that XM as a whole has had very few QC issues. I was simply pointing out that as consumers when we endure a disappointing purchasing experience it's easy to assume that the company in question does not care about QC issues. Additionally...IMHO I think as collectors we have this unrealistic expectation that a company should not have any QC issues...at all. IMHO that is not a realistic point of view...

But at the end of the day, very few people know the specific failure rate of any manufacturer's production line. Unless you are a member of that manufacturer's management team...specific information regarding a company's production line's failure rate is unknown to the general public. If you have been trusted with inside information...I'm perplexed why you would disclose it on a public forum.

And yes...I realize that XM has disclosed on other forums that they have had some issues on certain production runs. I just never read any forum posts or commentary on XM's Facebook page stating the failure rate of one of their lines reached 50%. If that information was indeed shared publicly...then I apologize for questioning your disclosure of XM's 50% failure rate.

If you read what I posted above you would see every line where's these issues came out, and ALL were publicly disclosed by XM or found out by collectors just prior to or just after shipping. The Antman paint job was caught when the first good pics of him came out. The BW issues were highlighted when sneak peak photos came out from the factory and the fans lost it. The Iron Man breakage issue came out when the first batch began to ship. The information on Thors hammer came out because they needed to tell fans that the plans had changed when the resign cracking issues with temperature variations came to light; let's face it you can't substatute a solid resign spinning hammer for a translucent resign spinning hammer and simply hope people won't notice. I simpy know the issues because of XMs honestly and their forthright way of dealing with issues in a transparent and respectful way of dealing with their fans. all of this was posted either n the forums and on FB.

As for what I know about the inner workings and upcoming products from XM the honest answer is very litte. I use to shoot the **** with a friend at XM and ask them what was coming up, but I don't do that anymore because I simply don't want to know. There is a growing group of XM haters that have mainly surfaced on FB, and while some may think I am a part of it that couldn't be further from the truth. These guys surf the FB groups and screen cap any hint at possible upcoming products and forward the info on to other companies. They also surf those same groups for any hints at inconsistencies with XMs statements, and then use them to fuel the hate. So I simpy talk t my friend about artistic stuff and get surprised about all the upcoming stuff like everyone else because I sure as hell don't want to be the guy who slips up. Nthose slip ups have been vary costly at times.

Last edited:
I think someone is working on a Starlin or Lim style custom head. I'm hoping those get made because that's what I'd like plus a light up IG.

I've seen people doing that with the bases and it looks so much better, even displaying the Lady Death from the dio with him.

I think your right about this not getting many custom heads, but im still hoping someone will decide to make one like this :pray:

Ah ya I saw that one as well. It was a great looking set up indeed. I guess we'll just have to wait it out and see if anyone comes through with something.

If you read what I posted above you would see every line where's these issues came out, and ALL were publicly disclosed by XM or found out by collectors just prior to or just after shipping. The Antman paint job was caught when the first good pics of him came out. The BW issues were highlighted when sneak peak photos came out from the factory and the fans lost it. The Iron Man breakage issue came out when the first batch began to ship. The information on Thors hammer came out because they needed to tell fans that the plans had changed when the resign cracking issues with temperature variations came to light; let's face it you can't substatute a solid resign spinning hammer for a translucent resign spinning hammer and simply hope people won't notice. I simpy know the issues because of XMs honestly and their forthright way of dealing with issues in a transparent and respectful way of dealing with their fans. all of this was posted either n the forums and on FB.

As for what I know about the inner workings and upcoming products from XM the honest answer is very litte. I use to shoot the **** with a friend at XM and ask them what was coming up, but I don't do that anymore because I simply don't want to know. There is a growing group of XM haters that have mainly surfaced on FB, and while some may think I am a part of it that couldn't be further from the truth. These guys surf the FB groups and screen cap any hint at possible upcoming products and forward the info on to other companies. They also surf those same groups for any hints at inconsistencies with XMs statements, and then use them to fuel the hate. So I simpy talk t my friend about artistic stuff and get surprised about all the upcoming stuff like everyone else because I sure as hell don't want to be the guy who slips up. Nthose slip ups have been vary costly at times.

As I mentioned earlier...I am aware that XM has disclosed some of their production issues. What I was questioning was your specific assertion that XM has had a "50% failure rate" on some of their production lines. What I wanted to know is whether you possessed credible, factual information to corroborate that assertion of a 50% failure rate...it appears you do not.

Lastly...I can't help but notice you never really addressed my question of where in my original post that you quoted did I state that XM had very few QC issues? That seemed to be the major reason you responded to my post in the first place...as you stated "To say this company has had very few QC issues is flat out wrong." I agree...which is why I never made such a statement. No offense...I think you mis-read my post and then responded as if I was claiming XM had very few QC issues. In fact, I clearly state in the aforementioned post it is not realistic to expect that a mass manufacturer is not going to have some QC issues.

As I mentioned earlier...I am aware that XM has disclosed some of their production issues. What I was questioning was your specific assertion that XM has had a "50% failure rate" on some of their production lines. What I wanted to know is whether you possessed credible, factual information to corroborate that assertion of a 50% failure rate...it appears you do not.

Lastly...I can't help but notice you never really addressed my question of where in my original post that you quoted did I state that XM had very few QC issues? That seemed to be the major reason you responded to my post in the first place...as you stated "To say this company has had very few QC issues is flat out wrong." I agree...which is why I never made such a statement. No offense...I think you mis-read my post and then responded as if I was claiming XM had very few QC issues. In fact, I clearly state in the aforementioned post it is not realistic to expect that a mass manufacturer is not going to have some QC issues.

The credible factual numbers came from XM themselves. They stated exactly how many BW heads failed, and that they had recalled all of their IM Mark 42s, and that they had to replace every single Antman head, and that the destroyed 900 spinning Thor hammers, etc etc . The numbers came from them taylor, more specifically Bryan, and thy were public ally stated. So they are the numbers from the horses mouth (sorry Bryan...lol) so to speak.

As for your comment that I miss read your original statement, you know what, you are totally right... I did. I apologize. I am not nearly at 100% so I apologize.

The credible factual numbers came from XM themselves. They stated exactly how many BW heads failed, and that they had recalled all of their IM Mark 42s, and that they had to replace every single Antman head, and that the destroyed 900 spinning Thor hammers, etc etc . The numbers came from them taylor, more specifically Bryan, and thy were public ally stated. So they are the numbers from the horses mouth (sorry Bryan...lol) so to speak.

As for your comment that I miss read your original statement, you know what, you are totally right... I did. I apologize. I am not nearly at 100% so I apologize.

If Bryan posted the numbers regarding their failure rates publicly...then I wholeheartedly apologize for questioning the accuracy of your information. I guess I am so use to individuals making up numbers to support their arguments I have grown too pessimistic. I need to work on that...lol.

Sounds like this whole thing was a simple misunderstanding between fellow forum members...have a good one Spidey. :)

If Bryan posted the numbers regarding their failure rates publicly...then I wholeheartedly apologize for questioning the accuracy of your information. I guess I am so use to individuals making up numbers to support their arguments I have grown too pessimistic. I need to work on that...lol.

Sounds like this whole thing was a simple misunderstanding between fellow forum members...have a good one Spidey. :)

He stated the numbers on them m8 ... though now that I think about it the BW issues which were only on the long haired portrait may not have been precisely 50% of the production run, but it was close. For some reason a number in the low to mid 200s keeps running around in my head which would be 50% of the run. Bryan has always be VERY up front with all of their issues it is one of the reasons that he get so much respect. (Edit: so I did some searching and the number was 203 out of 500 long hard portraits we're originally found to be faulty... So closer to 40% and I stand corrected)

You are right about the misunderstanding, I do apologize and have a good one.

Last edited:
Blah Blah Blah, QC only matters when they screw up and then won't fix their screw-ups.... Far as I'm concerned XM hasn't had any QC issue because they have FIXED them all....

Back