XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SSC will still release these characters for 2 reasons. First, not everyone will be able to afford these XM pieces. Retail price and shipping costs will be prohibitive to many collectors. Second, the overall very low ES practically guarantees that not everyone who is a fan of the characters will get one. How many peeps to this day are trying to score Mags even now? Phoenix looks to be headed in the same direction.

If SSC releases a Thanos, Phoenix, or a Mags PF, there will be plenty of peeps willing to pick them up. Of course, that doesn't mean that SSC's version of those characters will look better. Based on their track record of hit or miss Marvel releases and poor QC, I wouldn't count on it

Rogue, Psylocke, Emma Frost, etc... Not very impressive, especially if put side by side Phoenix

Rogue, Psylocke, Emma Frost, etc... Not very impressive, especially if put side by side Phoenix

Most definitely. I don't think there is any doubt that SSC's Marvel license is getting the short end of the stick. SSC just doesn't put the effort into that license. That's why I'm glad there is another alternative. To be honest, I'd probably wouldn't buy much Marvel merch from SSC if XM pieces were priced similarly to SSC's (or close to it). Actually, it's shipping costs that are the ONLY thing that keeps me from diving into the XM waters exclusively. Unfortunately, with a wife and 2 kids, I have to be careful with how many $$$ I spend on statues. I would have PO'd Phoenix earlier with the options we have here on the forum. However, putting down the deposits on XM merch and paying for the POs I already have with SSC....money starts to get a little tight. Unfortunately, you can't drag your feet with XM. There's not much breathing room. If you don't commit early, there's a very good chance you can miss out on a piece you really want. I'm in that boat now with Phoenix. Obviously, if I miss out, a SSC Phoenix PF becomes a possible purchase for me.

SSC will always be an option for many domestic collectors just because of pricing and shipping costs alone. And, let's face facts...when SSC nails a piece, it's a grand slam. It's a real treat for peeps when SSC does a Marvel PF justice. We get a great looking statue at a reasonable price. That's a win-win. Unfortunately, the art direction and QC on SSC's Marvel pieces are often suspect at best.

It's not just their Marvel Lineup though..... I mean sure I'll give credit where it's due, SS hit a grand slam with their Star Wars Mythos statues and I have a feeling they will do the same with the COTD statues too.... but then you get a statue like Red Sonja where the paint app ruins the statue... It's hit and miss across the board with SS regardless of license, it just Marvel statues seem take the biggest hit..

It's not just their Marvel Lineup though..... I mean sure I'll give credit where it's due, SS hit a grand slam with their Star Wars Mythos statues and I have a feeling they will do the same with the COTD statues too.... but then you get a statue like Red Sonja where the paint app ruins the statue... It's hit and miss across the board with SS regardless of license, it just Marvel statues seem take the biggest hit..

Yeah, but Marvel seems to be SSC's biggest problem though. I only collect Marvel and DC pieces. However, I am a HUGE Marvel fan so SSC's misses in their Marvel line really hit me hard. On top of that, I'm not the biggest fan of mixed media. It can look great at times but I've also seen it kill some awesome sculpts. I'm very grateful to have a 1/4 fully sculpted alternative even if it is a bit pricey.

Looking at the close up pics. Seems there are still rough edges on the armour and gauntlet line details. Hope they polish them off.

I've been asking for a brooding/blank expression the whole time! We need to clamor for it! XM will listen and give us the portrait :)

Really hope they do, otherwise Tavegg will have it commissioned and I'll have to give him even more of my money. He has enough of it!!!

I wouldn't want the mouth open though.

I've been asking for a brooding/blank expression the whole time! We need to clamor for it! XM will listen and give us the portrait :)

Really hope they do, otherwise Tavegg will have it commissioned and I'll have to give him even more of my money. He has enough of it!!!

Yeah, mouth closed would be preferred, best picture of that pose I could find tho

Hey I resent that comment. I like your money buddy :yess:

Just have Bmutha ask for it. :) :lol

I think you've been clamoring for quite awhile now! :lol :wink1:

Just have Bmutha ask for it. :) :lol

I may not have time this week...I'll have one of my contacts give them a call to discuss...

President-Obama-Speaks-With-FEMA.jpg

I may not have time this week...I'll have one of my contacts give them a call to discuss...

President-Obama-Speaks-With-FEMA.jpg

Hahaha! That Magneto helmetgate episode was too funny. Peeps wanted to crucify you over something you didn't even do. Everytime someone asks for something on an XM statue I think of it and double over laughing. :lol

Back