XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought mine on impulse and its nice but I am a bigger fan of SS style so I'm going to wait until SS releases one. I am just trying to make back what I paid. Funny when I bough it, I thought I got such a good deal but all statue prices are falling so much right now.

But what if it's Marvel Now Thanos :lol

This statue is fantastic but I paid about $850 shipped for mine. I had the SSC EX Thanos dio which I sold for over a G. That easily covered this XM Thanos. I have a hard time spending more than that on a statue. I wanted the XM Phoenix but I missed out on the PO. Can't bring myself to pay over a G for her now. I'm going to have to wait for SSC to release a Phoenix or get a Dark Phoenix and just get her repainted to her green costume.

The XM Thanos is totally worth the price of admission if you got one at retail. It's difficult for me to justify buying any XM piece in the aftermarket. That's a bit too pricey for me personally.

This statue is fantastic but I paid about $850 shipped for mine. I had the SSC EX Thanos dio which I sold for over a G. That easily covered this XM Thanos. I have a hard time spending more than that on a statue. I wanted the XM Phoenix but I missed out on the PO. Can't bring myself to pay over a G for her now. I'm going to have to wait for SSC to release a Phoenix or get a Dark Phoenix and just get her repainted to her green costume.

The XM Thanos is totally worth the price of admission if you got one at retail. It's difficult for me to justify buying any XM piece in the aftermarket. That's a bit too pricey for me personally.

That's definitely a good deal for Thanos filip. I have a PO but it's quite a bit more than that and I now I'm thinking about letting it go. I'm just wondering if he's worth it.

That's definitely a good deal for Thanos filip. I have a PO but it's quite a bit more than that and I now I'm thinking about letting it go. I'm just wondering if he's worth it.

Honestly, I would say it depends on how much you like the character. Look, I love XM pieces but there's no way I can justify paying $850+ on a bunch of 1/4 scale statutes I like. At XM prices I have to be real damn picky. So, I PO'd only the statues of characters I had to have and I also had to be blown away by the sculpt. Based on those 2 simple rules I PO'd only Mags and Thanos. Phoenix was the only other piece I was interested in but I didn't pull the trigger in time. I can truly say Mags and Thanos are impressive statues. My jaw dropped when I unboxed both of them. IMO, the are magnificent pieces and I'm thrilled to have them in my collection.

I'd say if you are not a big Thanos fan, let the piece go. If you're not a truly impressed by the sculpt, let it go. However, if you really like Thanos as a character and think this is a great sculpt of him, keep the piece. This is one piece that I personally had to have in my collection.

Honestly, I would say it depends on how much you like the character. Look, I love XM pieces but there's no way I can justify paying $850+ on a bunch of 1/4 scale statutes I like. At XM prices I have to be real damn picky. So, I PO'd only the statues of characters I had to have and I also had to be blown away by the sculpt. Based on those 2 simple rules I PO'd only Mags and Thanos. Phoenix was the only other piece I was interested in but I didn't pull the trigger in time. I can truly say Mags and Thanos are impressive statues. My jaw dropped when I unboxed both of them. IMO, the are magnificent pieces and I'm thrilled to have them in my collection.

I'd say if you are not a big Thanos fan, let the piece go. If you're not a truly impressed by the sculpt, let it go. However, if you really like Thanos as a character and think this is a great sculpt of him, keep the piece. This is one piece that I personally had to have in my collection.

Thanks for the advice filip! Yeah I agree with you, it just basically comes down to whether I really love the character or not. So I guess in this case with me even thinking about letting it go means I just am not a huge enough fan to justify the price I have to pay. I do think XM did an amazing job on him and doubt anyone else could do better for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the advice filip! Yeah I agree with you, it just basically comes down to whether I really love the character or not. So I guess in this case with me even thinking about letting it go means I just am not a huge enough fan to justify the price I have to pay. I do think XM did an amazing job on him and doubt anyone else could do better for the foreseeable future.

Hello Yeek,

If you do not mind me asking, how much is your Thanos? It sounds like it was a lot more than the $850 + shipping : /.

I was wondering if they would drop that low in the coming weeks/month. That’s about the price I would pay if I pulled the trigger on one. I love Thanos, and I would love to add a version of him to my collection. I have been heavily invested into Prime 1 that it is making it tough to pull triggers on Sideshow pieces, as well as the one XM piece I do actually want lately. As the prices have been dropping I am trying to be patient before jumping the gun on something (which is tough to do sometimes as you all know lol). Now that Prime 1 has a marvel license, as well as entering ¼ scale. I am hoping they make one before I buy an XM one hahaha.

Sideshow did release a Phoenix :D, I jumped on that piece lol

I paid $1100 shipped and I'm selling for my cost. I would say you get a lot of statue for your money. It's a high quality "xm" statue. What I mean by that is they have a very particular style to their statues like pcs or Bowen. If you are a fan of their style then it's a great piece. Crap tons of switchouts and very large.
I am selling mine because I prefer sideshow style. I've tried statues from all companies and it's just a preference thing.

If you like thanos, like xm, then it's a definite buy. I don't see it dropping below $1k. Even I eBay auctions he consistently sells for over 1300-1500. 1200 and under is a great price and it's low Es. There's just a flood of preorders finally getting released at the moment so supply and demand is all thrown off. With the movies coming out soon the price will level out.

Man your collection sure has grown the last time I saw your pics way back when! I stumbled on your recent tour vid and I love how your collection is turning out. So many pieces that I consider grails. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Yeek,

If you do not mind me asking, how much is your Thanos? It sounds like it was a lot more than the $850 + shipping : /.

I was wondering if they would drop that low in the coming weeks/month. That’s about the price I would pay if I pulled the trigger on one. I love Thanos, and I would love to add a version of him to my collection. I have been heavily invested into Prime 1 that it is making it tough to pull triggers on Sideshow pieces, as well as the one XM piece I do actually want lately. As the prices have been dropping I am trying to be patient before jumping the gun on something (which is tough to do sometimes as you all know lol). Now that Prime 1 has a marvel license, as well as entering ¼ scale. I am hoping they make one before I buy an XM one hahaha.

Yeah mine would have cost me about $1200 shipped. Much more than $850 which is an excellent deal. I would have kept the PO if it had been at that price. Tornado selling his for $1100 is a great deal too considering you know he's dependable and honest.

Man your collection sure has grown the last time I saw your pics way back when! I stumbled on your recent tour vid and I love how your collection is turning out. So many pieces that I consider grails. Congrats!

Thanks man! It's been a great few years collecting. Crazy to think when I first started on these forums I had barely anything. Facebook has really ramped up the hobby for me. Forums like this really build a sense of community to make the hobby really enjoyable. I can't wait for the upcoming years. This hobby is changing a lot and it's wierd to think I'm like a veteran now lol.

I thought those Rapoza TMNT prints looked familiar, I sold them to you a while back. Great setup!

Oh, and Thanos looks nice too ;)

Dude those prints are one of the best purchases I ever made! They pull my collection room together. I truly cherish them and guests always are in awe. Thanks for hooking me up!!

Can someone post a close-up pic of both portrait with helmet? Heard several complaints that the black lines in between the eyebrow area are crooked and inconsistent thickness. Seems hurriedly done.

Can someone post a close-up pic of both portrait with helmet? Heard several complaints that the black lines in between the eyebrow area are crooked and inconsistent thickness. Seems hurriedly done.

How can it seem hurriedly done if you haven't seen it?

Back