XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my Thanos and Wolverine, both with coin! Opening them was an exhilarating experience! Despite having already seen hundreds of pics of Thanos, I still found myself ooh-ing and aah-ing as I unwrapped each part. It's truly a masterpiece!

So, I received my Thanos just before Thanksgiving last year and I did have a light discoloration on the helmet of my grinning portrait. I contacted my guy a few months ago and I'm super happy with the way he resolved it. I shipped the portrait back to Singapore and he had it repaired/repainted there and then shipped it back to me here in the States. He covered all shipping costs and I'm pumped to say I now have a mint looking Thanos in my collection. Many thanks to my contact for the way he handled his business. I can't say enough good things about him.

I'm new to statues and don't know much about them. How are XM Studios stuff compared the other companies? What do people look for when picking a statue?

This is my fist XM Studios Statue. The Mad Titan. Over all really awesome piece. Few flaws that can be easily fixed by a painter. Deadpool has his favorite tag team partner. #99-999

Attachments

• DSC_4437.jpg
    DSC_4437.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 145
  • DSC_4439.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 149
  • DSC_4448.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 146
I don't see any flaws on him... what parts are flawed?

The black pin striping is sloppy in a few areas . The Grinning sculpt has some wonky lines on it. One of the hands holding the cosmic cube is chipped. On his joints kinda looks like he has some sort of rust thing going on.

The black pin striping is sloppy in a few areas . The Grinning sculpt has some wonky lines on it. One of the hands holding the cosmic cube is chipped. On his joints kinda looks like he has some sort of rust thing going on.

What is XM's respond to the issue? Interested to know how is their customer service.

I have to say their qc is getting worse, I have a big problem with my phoenix and been talk to them and simply toy for almost 2 months , they finally get me answer and I have to wait till march to get replacement, and that is just maybe ......

It seems like a lot of people have been selling the XM Thanos, as well as the price dropping kind of rapidly.

I am considering getting one soon, but was there something wrong that has started causing so many to pop up for sale with prices decreasing?! I'm happy it's becoming more affordable, but just wondering if it's due to bad paint apps, or something wrong with the statue?!

It seems like a lot of people have been selling the XM Thanos, as well as the price dropping kind of rapidly.

I am considering getting one soon, but was there something wrong that has started causing so many to pop up for sale with prices decreasing?! I'm happy it's becoming more affordable, but just wondering if it's due to bad paint apps, or something wrong with the statue?!

No kidding. I really wish I would have waited to get him. Could have saved me a few hundred dollars or so. Seems like a lot of people don't care for the bland paint job XM did on him. Can't blame them but he's still a very awesome piece to own. I just sent mine out a few days ago to get repainted :)

Thanos isn't the only XM piece to drop in the aftermarket. Phoenix is dipping pretty hard as well along with some others. I won't speculate as to why prices are dropping but I can say Thanos is a BEAST of a statue. Mine came in looking great. The only minor problem I had with mine is a slight paint smudge on my grinning portrait. I contacted my guy and he took care of it. I now have a mint Thanos and I couldn't be any happier.

It's simple demand and offer. Thanos is still being shipped out so people who bought it to flip are progressively unloading it, same goes for Phoenix, I know for sure there are still batches to be sent out. Offer grows, prices drop.
By the way, depending on where you're located, it seems that pretty much everything is getting harder and harder to sell, with just a few notable exceptions. I just passed on a Wolverine PF that I could grab at $450 shipped, it went on Ebay at $500 starting price and no takers. A friend of mine just sold his Red Sonja PF for 240$ shipped and Batman Keaton for 330$ shipped - consider that being imported, here stuff is a tad more expensive, those two retailed at around 400-420$ in preorder.

I have to say their qc is getting worse, I have a big problem with my phoenix and been talk to them and simply toy for almost 2 months , they finally get me answer and I have to wait till march to get replacement, and that is just maybe ......

You have to wait because of the CNY. :)

I bought mine on impulse and its nice but I am a bigger fan of SS style so I'm going to wait until SS releases one. I am just trying to make back what I paid. Funny when I bough it, I thought I got such a good deal but all statue prices are falling so much right now.

Back