XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys a bit late to the party, the statue comes with two cubes, there is one which looks like a notch in it.
How does that one fit into Thanos's hand? I placed the cube into his hand it nearly fell out.

Hi Guys a bit late to the party, the statue comes with two cubes, there is one which looks like a notch in it.
How does that one fit into Thanos's hand? I placed the cube into his hand it nearly fell out.

25785681750_b9dff2fc76_c.jpg

If you look at my picture, the index finger is sitting inside the Cubes notch. Please note it gently slides in. There is not much friction at all.
Congrats on getting Thanos :hi5:

Got Thanos yesterday and couldn't be more disappointed. About the only thing going for him is the size which is outstanding but that's it. Sculpt is grest too actually but the paint is so basic and plain I couldn't believe it. It's like a blown up Bowen piece. The display options are okay, but I'm not really sure where they get off charging what they do. If SS or most any other company came out with such a bland paint job you guys wouldn't let them hear the end of it lol. Terrible photos for scale, even though his size doesn't come across in pics really:

I won't be keeping him, this piece made me lose the desire to pick up DD. At this point I think I'm just gonna stick to Prime 1 exclusively. They may be overpriced as well but they deliver to infinity and beyond with the quality of their product.

Their price is pretty close to what you would pay for a PF Apocalypse or a PF Darkseid (using their larger PF's as an example). Plus with XM you get multiple swap outs.

I do agree though with the paint job. Some love it some don't. I was one of the ones who did not.

The retail price is similar to what other pieces are, you're comparing the secondary market price.

I also don't understand the paint application complaint? That's exactly what he looks like in the comics so what were you expecting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If SS or most any other company came out with such a bland paint job you guys wouldn't let them hear the end of it lol.

Thanos went on preorder looking like that. the prototype looked like the final product so people got exactly what they bought, which is why there is no basis for complaint and why your statement is pointless imo. You got exactly what was solicited for preorder and what you saw in the hundreds of pics on the internet after release, not sure why you were expecting anything different.

i must be reading different comics, because Thanos is not just 3 colors in the books.

it's cool you guys like it like that, but for the price they charge i expect better all around especially with how stellar Prime 1 is doing. multiple display options are cool but the 2 hands holding a cube looks dumb to me.

i hope DD absolutely tanks in the aftermarket so I can pick it up cheap and have it repainted.

I think that the black shadowing being drawn on paper is entirely different from what I want on a three dimensional sculpture. On a statue, the sculpt naturally casts shadows where necessary and that's it, miniatures are painted with forced shadows and exhaggerated shading and that kind of paint app looks ugly on bigger scale pieces, it's not natural.

Don't get me wrong, it's perfectly fine you don't like it and would prefer another kind of paint, it's your taste. I was just a bit puzzled 'cause that's how it was since the very first pictures and paint app wasn't changed, I do think that pictures (with all due reserves) give a GOOD idea of how the final quality looks like so I never expect something to be entirely different in hand, which is why I never preorder something that I deem not convincing in prototype form already, just too risky.

I agree. Black is not a color. Unless you have perfect and super-bright light coverage, shadows will appear naturally on the statue.

I think if the took a different blue and emphasized on the muscle tone it would've helped.

Back