XM Studios Spider-Man/MJ diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The base is not doing much to lift the statue, quite a shame really considering how well mary jane turned out XM have truly come a long way in face sculpts. Hopefully XM can pull a 360 and breathe such much needed detailing life into this piece.

If they wanted comic book realism they could have placed humanoid shadows within the windows or actual asphalt as some posters have suggested. There really needs to be alot more going on that is synonymous with alot of their pieces and where their strength as a studio lies.

Pictures from Arya Pradana at ICC 2016

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

14457282_1015425723604dkis.jpg

14492542_101542572360y9jb1.jpg

yeah I really appreciate the attempt and the unique concept but I really have no interest in this whatsoever, and I just burst my XM cherry today with the Sandman that just arrived. Will stick to villain and probably just sinister six from XM and continue on with ssc and other lines to fill in other characters.

Some pics at ICC. Both spiderman and Mary Jane is very well done. In regards to the background base, I think its not so much of a forced perspective, but it looks best at very limited angles. Though for me I'm sold just byt Mary Jane, she is very well painted.

IMG_6567.jpg
IMG_6568.jpg
IMG_6569.jpg
IMG_6570.jpgIMG_6571.jpgIMG_6572.jpgIMG_6573.jpgIMG_6574.jpg

I'm just not feeling it and I can't tell if it is because of the base/buildings or Mary Jane herself. Just not sure if I want a 1/4 statue of her in my collection, especially when there are other countless 1/4 statues I would like (Flash, Wonder Woman, Iron Fist, Nightwing, etc.) and I have limited space.

Some pics at ICC. Both spiderman and Mary Jane is very well done. In regards to the background base, I think its not so much of a forced perspective, but it looks best at very limited angles. Though for me I'm sold just byt Mary Jane, she is very well painted.

View attachment 298300
View attachment 298301

Cool looking piece but the thing I want to know is who is this Cat in the background with the White Hair? Now That's a Cool Look for a Convention.

She looks like she's putting up with Spider-Man swinging her around Manhattan because she doesn't want to hurt his feelings but would much rather just take a cab.

Back