Xm Studios Selling Restrictions.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading through the closed SF thread, it appears that there hasn't been an official announcement from XM themselves.

It's not that I don't believe those collectors who say they received an email from XM talking about restrictions but I'd rather read something official.

Yeah one or two guys said they got their Wolverine cancelled from a retailer but then didn't name the retailer. So it does seem like just speculation at this point.

What a mess. I like their statues, but I'm not going to jump through hoops or pay thousands to get them.

Yeah one or two guys said they got their Wolverine cancelled from a retailer but then didn't name the retailer. So it does seem like just speculation at this point.

What a mess. I like their statues, but I'm not going to jump through hoops or pay thousands to get them.

The reluctance of those collectors to name their retailer is suspect in my book. They may have their legitimate reasons for not naming their retailers but it still looks suspect to me.

Also, depending on who the "retailer" is, I could easily see someone being told they are not allowed to ship to them at retail, then that piece ends up on ebay the next day for markup. :p I am actually shocked that people that ordered Magneto in the final batch really got them for retail. I was sure that at least some of the middlemen would decide to find an excuse to lose them and sell at 3000 USD.

I think more of the angst on the forums is whether all of the already in place pre-orders at ST and others are going to be canceled if the buyer had a US address.

Just means more local Singaporean can buy and sell the statue to foreign market. Collectors will find a way

Apparently they may even be limiting the number of statues that those in Singapore MAY beable to buy down to 2 a statue. They are closing the loopholes to avoid Singaporean resellers selling out of the 4 regions.

there will always be loopholes. limit it to one per person or address? fine, just get people to buy one on your behalf and pay them for their troubles.

You can always count on Spidey to fan the flames of rumors :) Spidey could be right but with that said, I do have various XM Statues on order with 4 different vendors and I've yet to hear anything from any of them. So who knows....

there will always be loopholes. limit it to one per person or address? fine, just get people to buy one on your behalf and pay them for their troubles.

Yeah just get people to line up and get an order in. Did you not see the 100's of people that were doing that for all the HT exclusives Spidey? People will get XM no matter what.

You can always count on Spidey to fan the flames of rumors :) Spidey could be right but with that said, I do have various XM Statues on order with 4 different vendors and I've yet to hear anything from any of them. So who knows....

Well Dan, I am just reporting what has been posted elsewhere that is it. I am not sure about the canceling of POs, but yeah I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of XM POs appear on EBay in the next day or two.

As for the rumor about selling restrictions, I am sorry to say that I think it has become pretty clear that it isn't a rumor. How far it will go, and how massive it will be I don't have any REAL idea. The fact that XM is silent speaks very loudly, and the fact that this is starting less than a WEEK after Erick Sosa left as creative director simply says to me that there is a LOT going on. I am sure that XM will come out of it okay, but I think that the statuesque that a lot of people have enjoyed will be gone.

Somebody in Asia needs to order me a Daredevil.....pretty please? :pray:

I have come to realize that when XM is silent that does mean it's true. Star Wars selling restrictions was asked countless times when the license was announced and they never answered until just recently. It's because if they don't have good news, then why bother sharing bad news. Same goes for if it's good news then you'd want everyone to know immediately. So yes, this is probably all true.

Secret Compass seems to have pulled their XM Studios listing from their website.

Without any official announcement and right now it's all just speculation, This thread is closed until we get something more concrete.

I know, I know; Boo Hiss.
th_48cc4176.gif

Your hate and tears only make me STRONGER! MUAHAHAHA!
evillaugh.gif

SimplyToys No Longer shipping XM WorldWide

So the other shoe finally dropped.

From jet fuel over at SF

... That stated this about my Thanos pre-order.
Dear customer,

you are receiving this email because your order(s) with Simply Toys for Marvel XM studios item(s) is(are) affected. It has come to our attention we are only allowed to sell XM Marvel items to customers with addresses from the following countries:

- Austria
- France
- Germany
- Indonesia
- Italy
- Liechtenstein
- Malaysia
- Portugal
- The Philippines
- Singapore
- Spain
- Switzerland
- Thailand
- China (pending approval)
- Hong Kong (pending approval)

For customers whose shipping address do not below to any of the above mentioned countries, these are the options:
1. We can cancel your order and refund you the deposit
2. You can find a Singapore address and have the person self collect the item from us. We can still bill you for the item but 7% GST will be charged for all local purchases.
3. Have us ship the XM items to an address from the approved list of countries.

Ain't that just a kick in the sack.

It is the same emails Surly reported getting in the XM classic IM thread. I thought these restrictions wouldnt affect older orders, but I was wrong.

Re: SimplyToys No Longer shipping XM WorldWide

Makes it much harder to get XM statues in the U.S. for those not in with a private distributor. I wonder if XM's list of other sellers are going through this as well?

Yea this sucks.. Venom along with some of the other SM pieces were my most anticipated. Not only can I not get them from a retailer, but the other contacts, such as Mark, don't seem to be available either.. I was at least able to get Magneto from him, but maybe he stopped after that. Anyone know?

Kinda glad i wont be tempted to get them now.

Is there any proof Sideshow is behind this? If there is its clear their strategy is to complain instead of working to improve their QC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back