XM Studios Punisher

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too me the bike is taking too much attention away from the figure. If it's a character like Ghost Rider then it makes sense. The Punisher has ridden a bike in comics but it's not a common accessory. I'd rather have more of an action pose for the character than a motorcycle magazine cover shoot.

Too me the bike is taking too much attention away from the figure. If it's a character like Ghost Rider then it makes sense. The Punisher has ridden a bike in comics but it's not a common accessory. I'd rather have more of an action pose for the character than a motorcycle magazine cover shoot.

Why do I want wolverine on bike? Haha anyway I get what you are saying but if it was planned to be with bike I say finish it with bike :)

Yeah, it's completely subjective. I was just hoping for a definitive Punisher statue from XM and, for me, him sitting on a bike isn't it. It'll be interesting to see the finished sculpt and how it looks painted.

Wow. You hit the nail on the head. This does look like a photo shoot, and not something I'd see the punisher doing. The punisher is a "from the shadows" type of guy... Not a "pull up on a motorcycle in your face" kind of guy. (In my opinion). I think it would have been cool to have him one leg up on a roof top with a sniper rifle in hand, waiting for his target.

Wow. You hit the nail on the head. This does look like a photo shoot, and not something I'd see the punisher doing. The punisher is a "from the shadows" type of guy... Not a "pull up on a motorcycle in your face" kind of guy. (In my opinion). I think it would have been cool to have him one leg up on a roof top with a sniper rifle in hand, waiting for his target.

A rooftop scene is exactly what I was thinking of for this piece. They could have switch out hands with weapons like a sniper rifle and a rocket launcher :lol

A rooftop scene is exactly what I was thinking of for this piece. They could have switch out hands with weapons like a sniper rifle and a rocket launcher :lol

Something like this. Switch out arms for different weapons. Maybe even make the base plain and invest more in switchouts. Give it an at ease option like the weapon in this photo, and an shoulder ready option.

rooftop_security_by_militaryphotos-d5wkp56.jpg

The following piece don't look like at a photo shooting. :wink1:

"Mr. Punisher pls head down for more character, bad view nice, chest out, belly back and perfect, nice picture." :wave

300176-punisher-003.jpg

I didn't get that PF. It's not bad but it's a typical SS PF and should have come with more weapons. XM is putting itself out there as a company that pushes the envelope when it comes to producing statues with amazing detail, unique poses, and more options for display. Punisher on a bike isn't doing that for me. Doesn't mean it won't turn out great, but it's a little disappointing considering where they've set the bar.

That punisher pf is a piece clearly intended to be a meuseum pose. Same as the comiquette. It's hard for me to see a statue with a generic black/logo base as an action pose.

I didn't get that PF. It's not bad but it's a typical SS PF and should have come with more weapons. XM is putting itself out there as a company that pushes the envelope when it comes to producing statues with amazing detail, unique poses, and more options for display. Punisher on a bike isn't doing that for me. Doesn't mean it won't turn out great, but it's a little disappointing considering where they've set the bar.

You are right, to be fair i like a punisher bad ass in an action pose. On the other way i can see the art and idea behind the bike. Sometimes it´s exactly this point you have something in your mind and knows XM goes other way´s, but then there will be another way.

My post was no offense to anyone, but the PF Punisher looks perfect for an photo shooting. :)

That punisher pf is a piece clearly intended to be a meuseum pose. Same as the comiquette. It's hard for me to see a statue with a generic black/logo base as an action pose.

Maybe using more as a black/logo base as base is a new way for a relax pose, i don´t know. It´s just another way to do it. :wink1:

Punisher on a bike was not what I envisioned as well. But at this point, I'll just wait and see. Hoping XM will blow us away anyway ...

I don't mind the bike, but the gun is just strange. I'm assuming they'll have switch out parts, so it may turn out well.

This won't be cheap. Especially with that huge gun, I meant bike

I still haven't decided if I'm going to get this. I love Punisher but that bike doesn't make sense. No matter what weapon they put in his hand he looks like he's posing for a magazine cover.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to get this. I love Punisher but that bike doesn't make sense. No matter what weapon they put in his hand he looks like he's posing for a magazine cover.
I think the bike works to some degree. My problem is that the Headsculpt they have on him right now makes him look to old. Now I know he is suppose to have fought in Vietnam, but IMHO Jim Lee nailed an amazing Punisher, and this one, like the SSC PF, just have him aged to far.

The only (minor) problem I have with this piece is the bipod being extended. IMO they should be up and a rifle sling added.

I will say that putting the Punisher on a motorcycle is an odd choice. It reminds me of the Gotham City Garage statues series.

Other than that I like this statue. :)

The only (minor) problem I have with this piece is the bipod being extended. IMO they should be up and a rifle sling added.

I will say that putting the Punisher on a motorcycle is an odd choice. It reminds me of the Gotham City Garage statues series.

Other than that I like this statue. :)

:gah: that's all I see now.

Back