Statue XM Studios - Poison Ivy 1/4 Statue - Rising Sun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are making it so hard to resist.
If I didn't want more then half the stuff from 12 days I'd have ordered already.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well guys, I did it :panic:
- She's offically pre-ordered :yess: :hi5:

I had a whopping £13 of reward points with collectiblesdirect.co.uk so she came in at £1,083.22 (Shipped)
- ETA Is Oct 2018, but I suspect that will change shortly.

I won't lie, I'm really excited to get not only my first XM but what I'm sure will be my favourite statue (currently Gentle Giant BW)

Thanks for the pics, they honestly helped make my decision.

She'll have an entire Besta shelf to herself. :love

I'm going to look into getting a Japanese themed background print, or having one designed to tie in with the design of the piece and some faux ivy and Green / Pink LED lights (probably on either side of the cabinet).

Congrats on ordering your first XM piece. I am very confident in saying, you will not be disappointed. They truly are a collectibles on another level.

In regards to your desired background - keep in mind, she will come with an art print that is emulating the statue. It's a nice touch that they include.

I'm guessing that pictures of your final set up will be posted. glad you secured her.

Absolutely! ;)

Congrats on ordering your first XM piece. I am very confident in saying, you will not be disappointed. They truly are a collectibles on another level.

In regards to your desired background - keep in mind, she will come with an art print that is emulating the statue. It's a nice touch that they include.

:hi5:

Oh wow, in all the excitement I completely forgot about the accompanying art print. Hopefully it fits in a Besta. If not I'll no doubt display it to the side of the cabinet!

Congrats! I don't have any doubt that you'll be happy you did. XM's prices are higher than Sideshow's, but I think you get way more bang for your buck with XM.

I have no doubt this will blow my mind on arrival. I honestly can't wait hah :impatient:

Gonna join on the hype ... This is also gonna be my first xm statue !
Also helped that this is a worldwide license , so less third-party taxes.

tenor.gif

Congrats! :duff

Paid in full for my Poison Ivy and Catwoman yesterday!!! So pumped.

Now, I either need to get me a Samurai Batman or I need XM to reveal Harley Quinn!

Remember they teased a Shogun style Batman on a horse at the last con. Would be a huge, expensive, but worldwide available piece.

I missed Batman, too.
Maybe someday for a good price. Right know the girls will make a nice Display.
Cat, Batgirl and Poison ordered. Waiting for Harley. And Deathstroke will be the only male character. Nice Rogue gallery.

Remember they teased a Shogun style Batman on a horse at the last con. Would be a huge, expensive, but worldwide available piece.

Yeah, that won't be for me. Will be way too buy and too expensive. Plus, I love how the original Batman can be a Samurai or it can be a Beyond, or it can be a normal Batman.

But, I might just wait and see what they do with Harley.

Yeah, that won't be for me. Will be way too buy and too expensive. Plus, I love how the original Batman can be a Samurai or it can be a Beyond, or it can be a normal Batman.

I agree, it's an amazing piece. Thankfully, I've never been a huge Batman fan so I don't have the desire to have it in my collection. But no doubt the switch-outs are some of the best out there.

Wait what? are you an astronomer of some kind?

No, just a hobbyist or backyard astronomer as some people like to call it. I'm a professional photographer, but I have been a space junkie pretty much as long as I can remember and astrophotography and solar photography are 2 of my favorite types of photography. There has been so many advances in technology over the last 10 or so years that I finally wound up selling all of my gear like 4 years back and have completely upgraded all of my equipment. For solar viewing/photography, I now own a double stacked Lunt LS152THA with a B1200 blocking viewer (for viewing with your eyes), a B3400 blocking filter (for taking pictures), and a CAK module (lets you view the emission line of Calcium as opposed to the Hydrogen-alpha line). I upgraded my regular telescope to a Meade LX600-ACF 16" f/8 Cassegrain. The last piece of the puzzle was the camera from SBIG, which I was planning on buying like 12-16 months ago, but didn't due to the ridiculous number of pre orders I had with companies like Sideshow. When I finally got down to just 4 pre orders a couple months back, I knew it was finally time to buy it and of course as soon as I do, Sideshow released like 8 new statues that I want, lol. You just can't win with today's statue market. Just way too many amazing pieces being made by so many different companies now and unfortunately, both photography and astronomy are just ridiculously expensive especially if you want top quality.

Here is the kind of quality you get with the Lunt LS152THA. Its pretty mind blowing and it never gets old looking at the sun like this.

sun_20120717_LUNT152_HaX2-01.jpg

And here is what the Lunt LS152THA looks like with the CAK module on:

lunt-ls152tcakmd-calcium-k-module-for-ls152tha-solar-telescope.jpg

No, just a hobbyist or backyard astronomer as some people like to call it. I'm a professional photographer, but I have been a space junkie pretty much as long as I can remember and astrophotography and solar photography are 2 of my favorite types of photography. There has been so many advances in technology over the last 10 or so years that I finally wound up selling all of my gear like 4 years back and have completely upgraded all of my equipment. For solar viewing/photography, I now own a double stacked Lunt LS152THA with a B1200 blocking viewer (for viewing with your eyes), a B3400 blocking filter (for taking pictures), and a CAK module (lets you view the emission line of Calcium as opposed to the Hydrogen-alpha line). I upgraded my regular telescope to a Meade LX600-ACF 16" f/8 Cassegrain. The last piece of the puzzle was the camera from SBIG, which I was planning on buying like 12-16 months ago, but didn't due to the ridiculous number of pre orders I had with companies like Sideshow. When I finally got down to just 4 pre orders a couple months back, I knew it was finally time to buy it and of course as soon as I do, Sideshow released like 8 new statues that I want, lol. You just can't win with today's statue market. Just way too many amazing pieces being made by so many different companies now and unfortunately, both photography and astronomy are just ridiculously expensive especially if you want top quality.

Here is the kind of quality you get with the Lunt LS152THA. Its pretty mind blowing and it never gets old looking at the sun like this.

View attachment 393032

And here is what the Lunt LS152THA looks like with the CAK module on:

View attachment 393033

Very cool pix!

Back