[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my official invoice for her finally...I think I need defibrillation after seeing the $335 shipping cost, but still a relief to be getting her for the original cost + shipping!

Shipping is a killer for this. My shipping was close to $400 to Canada. But I can see why when it was delivered.

Heck, Weta Smaug cost me over $300 to ship from the US to Canada at a fairly similar size and weight. So I consider it fair for a non-commercial shipping rate.

Man, I was spending time in the cave tonight and what a beauty. I don't care what anyone says, this piece is awesome and without a doubt the coolest piece in my collection. Out of 40 1/4 pieces, she is my favorite. Nothing even comes close imo.

I see on ebay many people is selling her with the proto pics. Why don't they just get a pic of the actual statue? I mean it's ok to take a pic off the net but at least get the correct released production pics. This may confuse some thinking they will get the painted bird along with the beautiful proto head.

Man, I was spending time in the cave tonight and what a beauty. I don't care what anyone says, this piece is awesome and without a doubt the coolest piece in my collection. Out of 40 1/4 pieces, she is my favorite. Nothing even comes close imo.

One satisfied customer :clap

Those are some bold words. And I know you have some stellar pieces.

I'm excited to get mine whenever that may be, but I still just don't think she's going to surpass every other statue I own.

I'm excited to get mine whenever that may be, but I still just don't think she's going to surpass every other statue I own.

Once she gets a new switch out head she will be up there as statue of the year. :) this or WW can't decide which one yet.

Truthfully, for me, its all about the Phoenix force behind her. It really has presence, The flow between the Phoenix force and Jean is excellent. Put the two together and no other statue seems to have that kind of presence, especially if you can get her somewhere high up on display. SS Marvel pieces are all sitting on flat bases. I can compare her to DC pieces, but for me they are very boring in the museum poses. She really tells a story and I feel the elegance and power of the character.

I'v never felt I had to declare a favorite piece until I put her on display. If I was trying to be objective and not concerned about value or character I would rank my favorite pieces based on overall impression and quality as such

1. XM Phoenix
2. XM Magneto
3. SS King Hulk
4. SS Superman
5. SS General Grievous
6. SS Green Lantern
7. XM Captain America
8. SS She Hulk
9. SS Yoda and Clone Trooper

There you have it. I'v never made a list before but Phoenix inspired me to actually care. I guess I would call those pieces my honorable mention. I'm really looking forward to Kier. I have a feeling she will make her way onto my favorites.

Truthfully, for me, its all about the Phoenix force behind her. It really has presence, The flow between the Phoenix force and Jean is excellent. Put the two together and no other statue seems to have that kind of presence, especially if you can get her somewhere high up on display. SS Marvel pieces are all sitting on flat bases. I can compare her to DC pieces, but for me they are very boring in the museum poses. She really tells a story and I feel the elegance and power of the character.

I'v never felt I had to declare a favorite piece until I put her on display. If I was trying to be objective and not concerned about value or character I would rank my favorite pieces based on overall impression and quality as such

1. XM Phoenix
2. XM Magneto
3. SS King Hulk
4. SS Superman
5. SS General Grievous
6. SS Green Lantern
7. XM Captain America
8. SS She Hulk

There you have it. I'v never made a list before but Phoenix inspired me to actually care. I guess I would call those pieces my honorable mention. I'm really looking forward to Kier. I have a feeling she will make her way onto my favorites.
I wonder what will happen too your list when a Dark Phoenix will rise xD

1. XM Phoenix
2. XM Magneto
3. SS King Hulk
4. SS Superman
5. SS General Grievous
6. SS Green Lantern
7. XM Captain America
8. SS She Hulk

I hear you Nem! For me, she is right up there with my SS Superman and Joker and this is despite the fairly average looking portraits. It's all about the art direction. It's the dynamic pose and the story it tells. She is the most eye catching piece in my collection and I am extremely happy to finally have her!

Here is my review of Jean:

I had a lot of fun unboxing her and setting her all up. It must have been how Ralph felt when he finally got that Red Ryder BB gun in A Christmas Story. :lol
Though by the end of the video, you can probably tell that I was running on fumes. Damn you Spook! :lol

She arrived on Friday and I could not be happier. This statue is simply awesome! I also found out that another order I thought would not be competed is probably going to come through. What this means is that I will be getting rid of one. Will post her in the for sale section soon with pics before I hit Ebay. Congratulations to all that have her and thanks for the great pics that helped me wait!

Hey so it's been a couple weeks since I got Phoenix and I just received a customs, duties, and tax bill from fedex. I was under the impression that I had already covered all of this when the item shipped? I never got a bill like this for Wolverine. Does this sound right to you guys?

In the US, there shouldn't be any customs charges for a statue unless the shipper messed up the paperwork. State taxes, on the other hand, are subject to collection. From what I hear, it's hit or miss with FedEx, but it looks like you hit the tax lotto on this one.

Hey so it's been a couple weeks since I got Phoenix and I just received a customs, duties, and tax bill from fedex. I was under the impression that I had already covered all of this when the item shipped? I never got a bill like this for Wolverine. Does this sound right to you guys?

100% normal. Customs fees and VATs are to be borne by the receiver (not sender) since they're based on your country % of taxation. It's possible that either Wolverine passed under the radar or that Phoenix was shipped with a higher declared value than Wolverine and hence stopped by the customs employees to apply fees and taxes.

Back