[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do you work that you can display all those valuable statue's without someone walking off with them??
Where I work that scotch tape wouldn't even make it through the night.

He is a designer by the looks of it, he has the wacom 24hd like me xD

Now that's a cubicle! :clap

XM & SS displayed in perfect harmony, awesome collection.

Thanks guys!

Where do you work that you can display all those valuable statue's without someone walking off with them??
Where I work that scotch tape wouldn't even make it through the night.
I would be terrified to leave anything at my office as well. Rather than theft being a concern, I would be worried that something could get damaged overnight by the cleaning staff or god knows what.
Lol... Forget that ... All it takes is me clumsy coworker to push his or her seat back to hard to rock that whole cubical....lol

I've always had statues at work and NOTHING has ever gotten stolen or damaged...knock on wood:lol In fact, I've almost never heard of anything being stolen at all. If anyone stole anything, the computers would be the first to go along with the cintiqs. And you'd be surprised how rock solid these cubicles are...the desks can easily hold all my statues without blinking. I would say my statues are probably safer here at work on this desk rather than on a thinner besta at home:lol

He is a designer by the looks of it, he has the wacom 24hd like me xD

I work as a character artist for a video game company.

@Silverine: What sorta work do you do?

Thanks guys!

I've always had statues at work and NOTHING has ever gotten stolen or damaged...knock on wood:lol In fact, I've almost never heard of anything being stolen at all. If anyone stole anything, the computers would be the first to go along with the cintiqs. And you'd be surprised how rock solid these cubicles are...the desks can easily hold all my statues without blinking. I would say my statues are probably safer here at work on this desk rather than on a thinner besta at home:lol

I work as a character artist for a video game company.

@Silverine: What sorta work do you do?

Lol ... Dude I work with Children ... I wouldn't even be able to display Marvel Legends figures..... It is a great collection m8.

Congrats bicoid. Can't wait to see your pics

Awesome man! Congrats!

Meh.. Since it's still in the box just ship it to me. I'll PM you my address. :)

Nice score bud!

Thanks guys!

Great pics Rising and congrats on the painting!

As for me, I love her for the most part! Carrying the box down 2 flights of stairs, unpacking, and setting her all up was a chore as the various pieces were fragile and really heavy. :lol: But I enjoyed every second of it. The QC is top notch with perfect paint apps on Jean, the Phoenix raptor, and on the base. The sculpt of Jean is beautiful! She's is nice, toned, and lean and it gives off a certain elegance about her. The Phoenix is an impressive piece in its own right. It's hard to make out some of the details with the transparent resin, but when it is lit up, it absolutely pops! I will say that you have to plan on where to set the statue up because taking apart the wings is a b#!$%.

With all that said, I do have some nitpicks. The heads are solid with no googly eyes, but they aren't spectacular imo. I think all of them are good sculpts but the paint work might be a bit simple and might not bring out the full potential of the sculpt. The plus side to this is that it may be easier to replicate in the factory. I also would have liked a bit more emotion for the PO head. SS's in house sculptors were able to do a fantastic job in translating Artgerm's art to 3D as well as bring out expressions in their portraits that fit the Gotham City Sirens to a tee. Adam's digital sculpt looked fantastic, but something may have been lost when the production heads were all painted up. Was it because of all the tweaks and fan input? I'm not sure. But I am thankful that people chimed in on the changes to the hair for XM to include the PO head for the final product. For that I am extremely grateful.

The hairline for the SS3 head is a bit low, but that was probably to balance out the statue. If it was any higher, I could see potential leaning issues with the weight of the hair. As for the Eric Sosa sculpted head, for all the hate some collectors have for it, I actually like it. It's an aesthetic choice geared towards a bishoujo style, but I like that it completely changes up the look and feel of the statue. If XM went with a more realistic tone to one of their heads similar to Will's proto Red Sonja portrait, it would have been game, set, and match. It probably would have hit that sweet spot for collectors that Magneto did. But what we have here is still the best Jean Grey/Phoenix statue ever produced imo. I commend XM in getting her out to collectors in spite of almost being shelved indefinitely due to licensing issues, delays, numerous redesigns due to structural issues and fan input. It's been a long journey. But finally having her in hand, I can say that it feels great to have one of my favourite characters from my favourite storyline displayed in all her glory my collection! No doubt SS or another company has a monumental task in trying to top XM's Phoenix. :clap

DSC_5116_zpslkigkina.jpg

DSC_5104_zpspxbc7ika.jpg

DSC_5125_zpswnujlx1b.jpg

DSC_5047_zpsej4jmp9l.jpg

DSC_5079_zpsjr183dvl.jpg

DSC_5075_zpsiizp7htx.jpg

DSC_4796_zpsrec4fguw.jpg

DSC_5184_zpse8tlioaf.jpg

Unpacked mine today and I must say this, Jean Grey is impressive and has great presence. Earlier on I refereed to the face sculpt as mediocre. An opinion formulated by glancing at pictures and not actually focusing on the details. Pictured here is a clear (no shadows to obstruct paint details) shot of JG face. Initially, I was to consumed w/ the lack of details in the hair sculpt to notice anything else. Now that it's in-hand, details like; there is a slight contrast in shading around her brow, root and bridge of nose giving a almost surreal look. The eyes are perfect, one nitpick though, would have been nice to have eye brows sculpted. Overall this statue is AWESOME!!.

Attachments

• 22024145116_730d54fe97_b.jpg
    22024145116_730d54fe97_b.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Wait what? It just shipped and you won't get it for 2 months?? What is someone walking it to you from the factory lol?

Wait what? It just shipped and you won't get it for 2 months?? What is someone walking it to you from the factory lol?

LOL long story bro... my guy could only ship her via FEDEX or UPS. Receiving something via courier in Brazil would require me to pay 100% import fees so I would end up paying like 3x what I actually paid.

2nd option was shipping her to the US and then ship her again via USPS to Brazil. This might decrease the 100% import fees to 60%, which is still ridiculous. But there is slightly a chance of not having to pay any import fees at all.

Turns out I'm visiting Germany for xmas and new year's so I had her shipped to my friend in Berlin and I'll bring her back with me as baggage. Now I'm praying for my Thanos to be shipped until December so I can bring them both in one shot and save money on shipping and fees.

Collecting XM in Brazil is insanely hard and expensive. But I am sure it is worth it.

I had no idea it cost that much. That's an insane amount of money to pay! Good luck with the Thanos being there in December.

Wow! That's pretty hardcore to get a statue. Kudos for making it happen, tho.

that is nuts. I will no longer complain about living in Canada.

Shipping to Germany must have hit you with some high taxes as well?

LOL long story bro... my guy could only ship her via FEDEX or UPS. Receiving something via courier in Brazil would require me to pay 100% import fees so I would end up paying like 3x what I actually paid.

2nd option was shipping her to the US and then ship her again via USPS to Brazil. This might decrease the 100% import fees to 60%, which is still ridiculous. But there is slightly a chance of not having to pay any import fees at all.

Turns out I'm visiting Germany for xmas and new year's so I had her shipped to my friend in Berlin and I'll bring her back with me as baggage. Now I'm praying for my Thanos to be shipped until December so I can bring them both in one shot and save money on shipping and fees.

Collecting XM in Brazil is insanely hard and expensive. But I am sure it is worth it.

Now that's dedication. Call me impressed

Back