[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She has landed! Now just waiting on Mule's custom head.

IMG_5336.jpg

IMG_5337.jpg

Wow is it save too put an XM piece on that glass display how thick is the glass? Btw awesome collection!

Thanks. And yeah, those shelves are rock solid. They are 3/8 inch tempered glass. I think the stainless steel poles would bend before those shelves would break.

Not custom. They are actually cobbled together from a bunch of different products from the same company since they have a line of different size poles that screw into one another. I doubled them up with heavy duty washers between each pole for strength and to get the necessary shelf height. Even doing that, Phoenix was too tall!

I don't know if they still make the versions I bought, but here's a link to the same style, but I don't know how thick the shelves are on these.

Amazon.com - Convenience Concepts 157002 Go-Accsense 3-Shelf Bookcase, Clear Glass - Three Shelf Bookcases And Shelves

Not custom. They are actually cobbled together from a bunch of different products from the same company since they have a line of different size poles that screw into one another. I doubled them up with heavy duty washers between each pole for strength and to get the necessary shelf height. Even doing that, Phoenix was too tall!

I don't know if they still make the versions I bought, but here's a link to the same style, but I don't know how thick the shelves are on these.

Amazon.com - Convenience Concepts 157002 Go-Accsense 3-Shelf Bookcase, Clear Glass - Three Shelf Bookcases And Shelves
Thanks for the info! Wil look into it still looking for something like this haha

Wow, your desk had more display space than my besta shelfs

Yea I was amazed at how much desk space I have! I might bring in a few more statues!

He's even got room for a few more :yess:

Exactly! Not sure I have any more room for the boxes though:lol

Wow your office is awesome! I would be worried someone might touch them. And break something. Maybe the night cleaning crew or whenever a guy changes the lights etc. now that's a way to make the work place more like home! Great display :)

Hah, no dogs drooling or clumsy girlfriends here CBG:lol

sarakawa,
Awesome collection! Now that you have Phoenix in person what's your opinion about the portraits?

I love the heads man! A custom might tempt me but I am totally fine with the normal head and the white eyed head. The calm head looks great up close but I'm not a fan at normal viewing distance.

Yeah, I'm not so sure my HR dept. would appreciate Emma sitting on my desk at work :D

These are the perks of being a video game character artist! When I'm sculpting a female character, I will have a monitor filled with images of nude women for anatomy ref:lol

That's great to work in an industry that has such freedom of expression, sarakawa. Your "work" collection looks great.

After a year of anticipation, disappointment, paranoia, and worry over this piece, she's finally made it home! :D

DSC_4739_zpslifx2sck.jpg

DSC_4750_zpsdpycsoh1.jpg

Where do you work that you can display all those valuable statue's without someone walking off with them??
Where I work that scotch tape wouldn't even make it through the night.

I would be terrified to leave anything at my office as well. Rather than theft being a concern, I would be worried that something could get damaged overnight by the cleaning staff or god knows what.

I would be terrified to leave anything at my office as well. Rather than theft being a concern, I would be worried that something could get damaged overnight by the cleaning staff or god knows what.

Lol... Forget that ... All it takes is me clumsy coworker to push his or her seat back to hard to rock that whole cubical....lol

Back