[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get busted...I don't care. Don't cry when the license gets yanked altogether

You do care and i didn't say XM would be breaking their terms. Just saying if you think people around the world won't get these your nuts.

Lol, go on deleting posts, won't make you look any less dumb than what you are.
Yeah, XM gets their license revoked, and then what... ? Oh yes, they go on doing their thing with other licenses, they go on making statues and selling them out and making money.
Only difference is that Marvel fans are screwed on their current preorders and then deprived of alternatives in 1:4 scale. I suppose that all the 'murican eagles, democracy and free market crap only applies selectively.

Yeah, XM gets their license revoked, and then what... ? Oh yes, they go on doing their thing with other licenses, they go on making statues and selling them out and making money.
Only difference is that Marvel fans are screwed on their current preorders and then deprived of alternatives in 1:4 scale. I suppose that all the 'murican eagles, democracy and free market crap only applies selectively.

Yeah it's a joke that fellow collectors would love to see another company fail just because the statue doesn't have a SSC label on it. :slap

Also quite naive I think, so people outside of their area are not allowed to own these statues:D People will always find ways, what does it matter to you anyway. If people know people in Singapore, what is the problem with that:)

If XM has successfully negotiated their new Marvel license and then they lose it they will not simply keep going on with other licenses they wouldn't beable to survive that hit. Don't forget they currently have three big licenses; SW, Marvel, and TopCow. If they lose their Marvel license they could easily lose their SW license as well seeing as both contracts were negotiated with Disney. We are talking about a lose in the Millions of dollars, and that is just the cost of the license, that doesn't include the money already sunk in development.

XM is basically a 5 guy operation and the have put it all on the line because they are so passionate about making statues. However, just because they are ridin the super hype train right now, and deservedly so, that they can take millions of dollars in lost revenue and just shrug it off.

I recommend you stop poking the SSC bears if you love XM. They did way better for themselves when their fanbase was smaller and quieter.

You seem to love this saying so i got you a gift. Send me your address Spidey.

1326751358.jpg

I just need someone to PS SSC in the middle. :lol

I heard no one wants to listen to your advice. I do! but others are being mean. :horror :lol

First of all, we don't know how much these licenses cost. Especially given the fact that the terms of the licenses are utter trash and it's a crippled license, extremely limited. There are companies out there making 1:6 scale dolls at 150$ while Hot Toys charghes 350$ for the same licenses, so I guess that different licensing agreements come at a very different price.
Then, they're at the end of their licensing time with Marvel, am I right? I suppose the licensing costs have been already paid off by now. And I don't think Disney can legally take away the Star Wars license just because XM violated the licensing agreements on the Marvel license (a lawyer would love that, tho).
Most companies survive perfectly with smaller licenses. There are licenses that would be available worldwide and grant a good/awesome revenue to XM without getting into this bulls--t licensing game. As I said, the loss here is just for Marvel fans.

Oh, and to boot, this whole discussion is about nothing, since Disney gave XM a reminder and they are putting things back in line.
I'm not poking SSC, I'm just poking mr Fancypants, someone's gotta tell him that Jack left the town.

Freight Fowarding is out too

You might want to look at the number of Magnetos sold on Ebay at 3000$ from Singapore and bought vy US buyers. Not even Disney can prevent a private customer to resell his statue when and where he wants.
Bottom line, XM will still sell out (or pre-sell out, lol), only thing that changes is that less US residents will get XM pieces and those who do will have to pay even higher prices.
XM wins, Sideshow wins, Disney wins, US collectors lose.
Oh, snap.

First of all, we don't know how much these licenses cost. Especially given the fact that the terms of the licenses are utter trash and it's a crippled license, extremely limited. There are companies out there making 1:6 scale dolls at 150$ while Hot Toys charghes 350$ for the same licenses, so I guess that different licensing agreements come at a very different price.
Then, they're at the end of their licensing time with Marvel, am I right? I suppose the licensing costs have been already paid off by now. And I don't think Disney can legally take away the Star Wars license just because XM violated the licensing agreements on the Marvel license (a lawyer would love that, tho).
Most companies survive perfectly with smaller licenses. There are licenses that would be available worldwide and grant a good/awesome revenue to XM without getting into this bulls--t licensing game. As I said, the loss here is just for Marvel fans.

Oh, and to boot, this whole discussion is about nothing, since Disney gave XM a reminder and they are putting things back in line.
I'm not poking SSC, I'm just poking mr Fancypants, someone's gotta tell him that Jack left the town.

Of their first license yes, but they are obviously moving forward with a new one. Otherwise there wouldn't be all this fuss right now. XM would just keep going the way they were going.

Of their first license yes, but they are obviously moving forward with a new one. Otherwise there wouldn't be all this fuss right now. XM would just keep going the way they were going.

Yeah, what I'm saying is... they bought the Marvel license, and paid it off already. Probably a long time ago since they initially said they only need 400 sold pieces of each character to have the minimal required profit per each project. They've been selling out all their pieces with an average ES of around 800-900 pieces each. This means they don't have millions still tied to the Marvel license, the license has already been paid off by now and they made their necessary amount of profit out of it, and invested it in other licenses (SW, Top Cow, that manga/anime thing they announced a few days ago).
Also, it's not written in stone that they must renew the Marvel license. What if they wanted to drop it? It wouldn't cost them any money. They could easily go on as a company with the Star Wars and Top Cow stuff. And maybe add something else, something popular and available for worldwide distribution. While companies kill each other over superheroes, there's PLENTY of untapped spots in this market.
That's what I mean when I say that the only ones really risking to "lose", here, are the Marvel fans.

Back