[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man this head with blank eyes and crazy hair... I just can't fell anything but pure love for it.

The proto one looks better on Bryan's photos, hopefully it will look even better in person.

As for the calm one... whatever.

Oh man this head with blank eyes and crazy hair... I just can't fell anything but pure love for it.

The proto one looks better on Bryan's photos, hopefully it will look even better in person.

As for the calm one... whatever.
Calm one is awesome too! Haha young jean grey!
Hope one day in a far away future when we ride starwars stuff we get a XM dark Phoenix! Just imagine that sculpt !

I definitely like all three HS ...more now after seeing close ups of all of them. But the hair up with white eyes is my favorite. That'll be my main display choice as well.

First head is still my favorite with the white eyes a very close second. Third head has actually grown on me. The hair looks better in these more recent photos. Need this now!!!!

First head is still my favorite with the white eyes a very close second. Third head has actually grown on me. The hair looks better in these more recent photos. Need this now!!!!
Finally more people who like the third head :)

Looking good! Surprising how the initially most maligned sculpt is not the favorite. Faces and hair are so delicate, the smallest changes make the biggest differences.

It's all looking really good! Though I agree Golden Boy that even with Bryan's photos, the first head has changed more than simply a supposed piece of the hair chipping off. And if it was a chip, it was fortuitous because it looks better "broken" than "whole".

Looking good! Surprising how the initially most maligned sculpt is not the favorite. Faces and hair are so delicate, the smallest changes make the biggest differences.

It's all looking really good! Though I agree Golden Boy that even with Bryan's photos, the first head has changed more than simply a supposed piece of the hair chipping off. And if it was a chip, it was fortuitous because it looks better "broken" than "whole".

It's true...slight change of a hairline, wider eyes...lots can change things to an unrecognizable degree in some cases. If you look at blank sculpts from some artists, and then see the final paint job, it sometimes actually ruins a 100% spot on sculpt of a character...it's pretty crazy!

Yeah, I call bullocks on the reasoning in the first picture still...there was no chip, it's too perfect, and the eyes and even the skin tone are different. All those things change things. It still looks pretty good, and I'm sure it'll look fine in person, but it's silly to come out and say, "We meant to make the prototype worse, like the final production piece, but accidentally broke it for the better while taking pictures." :lol

As for the third head, anyone who has been reading All New X-Men should love that take on young Jean! It's definitely a completely different option -- that was kind of done by accident as well. :lol

Yea, I don't know what happened exactly but I don't care. XM is making the effort to makes things right and I'm completely ecstatic with the results! I want to put this with my SSC Xmen but she and wolverine might need their own space...just doesn't c-o-m-p-:monkey1

I appreciate the explanation they took time to make, but I agree with some of what Golden_Boy said. Either way I look forward to having this in hand to judge for myself which head to use.

I appreciate the explanation they took time to make, but I agree with some of what Golden_Boy said. Either way I look forward to having this in hand to judge for myself which head to use.

I'm sure it'll be stunning in hand! Even with any of the issues I pointed out, if I could order it now, I'd do it without hesitation. Unlike Daredevil, all three of these heads will likely be viable options and completely change the feel/appearance of the statue, which is fantastic for collectors.

It's true...slight change of a hairline, wider eyes...lots can change things to an unrecognizable degree in some cases. If you look at blank sculpts from some artists, and then see the final paint job, it sometimes actually ruins a 100% spot on sculpt of a character...it's pretty crazy!

Yeah, I call bullocks on the reasoning in the first picture still...there was no chip, it's too perfect, and the eyes and even the skin tone are different. All those things change things. It still looks pretty good, and I'm sure it'll look fine in person, but it's silly to come out and say, "We meant to make the prototype worse, like the final production piece, but accidentally broke it for the better while taking pictures." :lol

As for the third head, anyone who has been reading All New X-Men should love that take on young Jean! It's definitely a completely different option -- that was kind of done by accident as well. :lol
Yea all new x-men is pretty fun

1st head is still my favorite. Second head is very good. I still can't stand the third head. It's too small and looks anime. Maybe it will be a surprise in hand but for now the plans is to keep it in the box.

I heard no one wants to listen to your advice. :lol
:lecture:exactly:
jeanhead.jpg

davidortizflip.gif

I think Tino's slam is more appropriate after seeing the updated pics. :lol

2bofpv.jpg

But I can't help but feel a bit like the Padres though. You make it to the WS, then you get steamrolled just when you think you have a chance at the prize. :monkey2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Tino's slam is more appropriate after seeing the updated pics. :lol

2bofpv.jpg

But I can help but feel a bit like the Padres though. You make it to the WS, then you get steamrolled just when you think you have a chance at the prize. :monkey2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:goodpost: I remember that slam like it was yesterday. :rock

Back