[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, what I'm saying is... they bought the Marvel license, and paid it off already. Probably a long time ago since they initially said they only need 400 sold pieces of each character to have the minimal required profit per each project. They've been selling out all their pieces with an average ES of around 800-900 pieces each. This means they don't have millions still tied to the Marvel license, the license has already been paid off by now and they made their necessary amount of profit out of it, and invested it in other licenses (SW, Top Cow, that manga/anime thing they announced a few days ago).
Also, it's not written in stone that they must renew the Marvel license. What if they wanted to drop it? It wouldn't cost them any money. They could easily go on as a company with the Star Wars and Top Cow stuff. And maybe add something else, something popular and available for worldwide distribution. While companies kill each other over superheroes, there's PLENTY of untapped spots in this market.
That's what I mean when I say that the only ones really risking to "lose", here, are the Marvel fans.

I agree Mule, but you missed the first part of may statement.

If XM has successfully negotiated their new Marvel license.

I will say that I don't think XM is going to not try to renew their Marvel license. All you have to do is look at the teased Venom, Punisher, and GR to see that they plan on doing a lot more Marvel work.

I will say that I don't think XM is going to not try to renew their Marvel license. All you have to do is look at the teased Venom, Punisher, and GR to see that they plan on doing a lot more Marvel work.

I wonder how that part works. Technically, if they have those characters approved before the license expires, they can go on making them after the license has expired, right? Like with the X Men embargo, the characters approved before Disney dropped the hammer on the franchise were still being made.

I wonder how that part works. Technically, if they have those characters approved before the license expires, they can go on making them after the license has expired, right? Like with the X Men embargo, the characters approved before Disney dropped the hammer on the franchise were still being made.

They can as long as the PO is up

They can as long as the PO is up

Yeah to my knowledge NONE of those character are approved officially. So if they DO NOT get the renewal that means all the Spiderman characters, Medusa, Punisher, and GR would all be lost; as would the money that went into developing them. Needless to say I think they are going for a renewal.

Yeah to my knowledge NONE of those character are approved officially. So if they DO NOT get the renewal that means all the Spiderman characters, Medusa, Punisher, and GR would all be lost; as would the money that went into developing them. Needless to say I think they are going for a renewal.

Yea I think they will too. Moot discussion IMO. Back to Phoenix people...

How I am gonna buy a air plane ticket for her pfffff

Who needs a plane ticket when we've got the Blackbird (X-Jet sounds dumb). Just save a spot for me as well. :lol :monkey2

JcAJY8H.gif

Hi guys, I got the e-mail from ST about my XM order. Does anybody know a trusted person that Can help me getting the statue, someone living in one of the allowed countries?

My wife really wants this statue and I would like to get it for her.

Thanks.

From Bryan. :wave

"Hey folks, I went to the Studios to take some photos of Jean and also to help clarify concerns about
the head and hair sculpt. I can confirm and verify in person that both hair and face are the same as
the PO version. Have a look at the photos and also some clarifications on the final piece. "

Link Phoenix pictures
:clap

I don't think there's much reason to lie, or go to this extreme if they weren't seriously using the same sculpts; I believe the hair being glued changes the spacing a bit, but I really doubt a piece of the hair chipped off during the promo photoshoot...it's far too...clean...for it to be a chip. It looks too perfect, like a parting of the hair. I guess that means I kinda think they're fibbing. :lol

jean.jpg

Also, the eyes in the prototype shot are much smaller, and a bit farther from the hair. It's still not terrible, I'm just saying this also alters how the production piece looks to people compared to the prototype.

Eyes.jpg

In the end, the crazy hair with no pupils "action shot" actually turned out to be the best! It didn't look that way before these changes were made and it had eyes, so that's a pleasant surprise!

noeyes.jpg

So Bryan just posted in the ST thread over at SF that XM will be helping with some of the PayPal fees so that people are NOT out of pocket do to cancelations.

That's my display right there. I love it.

Best yes, however I like the the calm face now its really Great you just needed too see all angles just look at the hair style, and its artgerms artprint head WIN!

Back