[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think the face on the new sculpt is new. I think now both heads will have the angry face but the newer version will just have the new hair. So the newer head should look pretty similar to the PO head.

Could be true. I think other people were thinking this, too. Not sure if we got any confirmation yet.

People get so confused over these heads though. Despite all the hair changes, there's only ever been 2 heads printed for this: angry head and the later calm head. The angry head's just been through various paint changes aside from hair to degree that it looks different at different stages of tweaking.

...the power of paint. The original PO head and hair is great, but it will mean nothing if they don't paint it like they originally did (no beady eyes like later versions and they need to add back the eyelashes around the eyes).

All fine and all but please let her be here soon :(

Not a chance.... The changes will cause MONTHS of delays. Just making the molds will take time, and then they need to cast all the heads again, and even the packaging may need to be changed. I think you would belch to have the first batch ship by October.

Could be true. I think other people were thinking this, too. Not sure if we got any confirmation yet.

People get so confused over these heads though. Despite all the hair changes, there's only ever been 2 heads printed for this: angry head and the later calm head. The angry head's just been through various paint changes aside from hair to degree that it looks different at different stages of tweaking.

...the power of paint. The original PO head and hair is great, but it will mean nothing if they don't paint it like they originally did (no beady eyes like later versions and they need to add back the eyelashes around the eyes).

The NEW head should be the original PO head, but with a less drastically altered hairdo. I then think the calm head should come, but who knows at this point.

All this talk about head's got me feeling like i need to go to a brothel

Not a chance.... The changes will cause MONTHS of delays. Just making the molds will take time, and then they need to cast all the heads again, and even the packaging may need to be changed. I think you would belch to have the first batch ship by October.

The NEW head should be the original PO head, but with a less drastically altered hairdo. I then think the calm head should come, but who knows at this point.

On the xm page it shows July 29th for the first batch. Does anyone know if thats current. Trying to decide if I want to pay her off early

Considering this is the last X-Men character we'll be seeing released as a statue for a very long time, I don't get people's impatience with getting this done and released.

Get it perfect, cuz once it's all said and done that's it as far as any companies concerned

don't worry guys, they will make it perfect, at least they listen to us, not like ss......

:lecture Yup, Phoenix has always been my #1 grail and I want it to be as perfect as possible. It really is too bad that the original head & hair couldn't work out.

Why are al talking about original head sculpt and hair not working, dont we get the pre order head soon thats why we have to wait now right!

Why are al talking about original head sculpt and hair not working, dont we get the pre order head soon thats why we have to wait now right!

Original hair had to be reconfigured as it conflicted with the Phoenix once it was changed to the awesome translucent material if I'm not mistaken.

Original hair had to be reconfigured as it conflicted with the Phoenix once it was changed to the awesome translucent material if I'm not mistaken.

That is correct. Once they switched to the translucent material, they had to make the phoenix more upright to prevent leaning. This caused the phoenix to now collide with the original PO hair.

And now they are somehow going to make the original hair work with the new bird. Minor adjustments I guess, but we'll see.

One thing people don't mention about the new sculpts is how they went for a the "individual hair strand" look compared to the original pre-order head which doesn't have that affect. I personally do not like the way they changed that and I think it had a lot to do with the hate all the heads were getting.

You can see it in the sigs of the guys above^

And now they are somehow going to make the original hair work with the new bird. Minor adjustments I guess, but we'll see.

One thing people don't mention about the new sculpts is how they went for a the "individual hair strand" look compared to the original pre-order head which doesn't have that affect. I personally do not like the way they changed that and I think it had a lot to do with the hate all the heads were getting.

You can see it in the sigs of the guys above^

Not only can you see it in my sig pic, but you can enjoy me complaining about the same issue you are in previous posts, lol:

Post #2704 What I don't get is that the original proto hair had less streaks carved into each wave, yet the angry/up and calm/down sculpts increased this detail when it was fine before...

Not really complaining, just making an observation.

Yeah, this statue was perfect, best in years IMO....then they changed it. :(

Do not like the new heads, hair, or bird...man that prototype looked amazing.

Back