[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, at PO time, Wolverine did have the tooth issue and the arm hair was drawn on by a pencil. People were complaining that they DIDN'T change anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you will find that on the proto, no arm hair was shown. Fans asked for it to be put on. Once on many fans did not like it and some were considering cancelling their orders - based on various forum posts

Last edited:
Yup. People asked for hair insistently and XM said they would have added them - but with stencil, since it was to late to sculpt them on the arms.
The tooth issue was already there and supposed to be fixed.

But fett has a point, I think that people get too nitpicky when it comes to XM, probably due to a mix of (a) XM actually listening to them and (b) them paying a good amount of cash for their statues, so they feel entitled they can just nitpick every single thing.
The Resinworx Wolverine doesn't have arms hair and yet it's the Grail of Wolverines out there. People didn't even bother to bring up the issues because RW would have just replied that no changes would have been made.
I see some double standards going on, with people perfectly fine with their 2000$ Doom LSF painted like dull plastic, but then losing their s--t about the seams on Phoenix costume or Wolverine's arms hair. It makes me wonder how many of these people are actually interested in the statue/character and how many just nitpick for the sake of it.

Yup. People asked for hair insistently and XM said they would have added them - but with stencil, since it was to late to sculpt them on the arms.
The tooth issue was already there and supposed to be fixed.

But fett has a point, I think that people get too nitpicky when it comes to XM, probably due to a mix of (a) XM actually listening to them and (b) them paying a good amount of cash for their statues, so they feel entitled they can just nitpick every single thing.
The Resinworx Wolverine doesn't have arms hair and yet it's the Grail of Wolverines out there. People didn't even bother to bring up the issues because RW would have just replied that no changes would have been made.
I see some double standards going on, with people perfectly fine with their 2000$ Doom LSF painted like dull plastic, but then losing their s--t about the seams on Phoenix costume or Wolverine's arms hair. It makes me wonder how many of these people are actually interested in the statue/character and how many just nitpick for the sake of it.

Unless they are the same exact people that is not a double standard nor a comparison at all. You are just extrapolating from the threads what you assume to be the case.

I do see an awful lot of nit picking, but until recently, XM seemed to have had a honeymoon period that they were exempt from it. Doesn't seem to be the case any longer, and I think the feedback is just becoming more realistic.

Well the nitpicks we're talking of are about Wolverine and Phoenix, so they are nearly an year old. If you were right, they happened right in the "honeymoon".
I can't think of an XM statue that hasn't been nitpicked well beyond common nitpicks since they were put under the spotlights: other than Wolverine (arms hair) and Phoenix (original face, seams on the costume, logo on her chest, clear bird/painted bird), let's remember Thanos and the base-gate, Daredevil and the collective whine about the costume (just to become perfectly accepted once the Netflix serie showed DD's movie costume), Thor and pretty much everything about him (both on the old Cipriano version and in the new one), She Hulk and her modern head sculpt, Black Bolt and the small base/big base debate. Punisher has been demolished since the artwork.

Not saying that every concern should be dismissed or avoided, I myself have taken very seriously Black Bolt's base, but I've seen nitpicking going on since the very start.

Someone call it out..... can´t remember.... mh..... ah..... Fanboy. :wink1:

I think you will find that on the proto, no arm hair was shown. Fans asked for it to be put on. Once on many fans did not like it and some were considering cancelling their orders - based on various forum posts

Go to their website and look at the final prototype photos. The hair is drawn on, and "the tooth" is there.

But, I agree with the general sentiment, that people seem to be too fickle here. "Change this, no change it back". I learned my lesson getting too involved with Magneto way back...now I mostly trust XM to do the right thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As someone who has a few xm pieces I trust them as well. I have been 110 percent satisfied with what has shown up at my door. We gotta also keep in mind that pictures can really distort how a piece looks especially with some of the basic photography xm uses. That's why I don't get to bothered in the details and wait to get it

that is why they now ask ppl thought on the other forum and they can make most of them happy.

Well the nitpicks we're talking of are about Wolverine and Phoenix, so they are nearly an year old. If you were right, they happened right in the "honeymoon".
I can't think of an XM statue that hasn't been nitpicked well beyond common nitpicks since they were put under the spotlights: other than Wolverine (arms hair) and Phoenix (original face, seams on the costume, logo on her chest, clear bird/painted bird), let's remember Thanos and the base-gate, Daredevil and the collective whine about the costume (just to become perfectly accepted once the Netflix serie showed DD's movie costume), Thor and pretty much everything about him (both on the old Cipriano version and in the new one), She Hulk and her modern head sculpt, Black Bolt and the small base/big base debate. Punisher has been demolished since the artwork.

Not saying that every concern should be dismissed or avoided, I myself have taken very seriously Black Bolt's base, but I've seen nitpicking going on since the very start.

The nitpicking is simple enough to translate, "I want what I want, and you said you would listen to fans. So listen to ME". That beast was of XM's and their fans making. What happened here with the PHoenix is even more different though because the changed a statue people loved in the end, or at least what most people consider to be the most important part of a sculpt which is the portrait, after the PO and the changes weren't stellar. The fans going what the heck was justified. Hopefully it never happens again and these are just growing pains.

The nitpicking is simple enough to translate, "I want what I want, and you said you would listen to fans. So listen to ME". That beast was of XM's and their fans making. What happened here with the PHoenix is even more different though because the changed a statue people loved in the end, or at least what most people consider to be the most important part of a sculpt which is the portrait, after the PO and the changes weren't stellar. The fans going what the heck was justified. Hopefully it never happens again and these are just growing pains.

The end hasn't arrived yet as the statue is still being worked on.

her face look really close to milla jovovich guys :) but really close

pnx02.jpg
Milla_Jovovich.jpg
GKxr8tg.jpg
79541-milla-jovovich.jpg
That means i love this statue more now :p

Lol your right never saw it like that before:O now she need some shotguns haha ZOMBIE outbreak!

The original PO head/hair is gone because it couldn't work with the straightened Phoenix. They are redoing the calm head but no updates on how.

I thought they would redo the angry head back to the original PO head thats what i heard the calm head is the unsure 1.
After missing out on BB i can only ease my self with this beauty xD and know i should not be to sad about BB ik get him 1day but i wont lie this feels like statue wars to me!

Back